IMzRealGasman
+0|6730
Played Warlord tonight, and saw something strange.. A guy on insurgents, not sure of his name, something Eassiak or something was in the tv tower with claymores. He had it trapped up so that the station nould not be capped for the entire round. I saw three claymores in one screen, well placed.. So then I went and grappled up to platform, about three more claymores.. I tried zipping in from rooftop, also no luck.. They were everywhere..

I was not aware there were kits that held that many claymores.. The guys K/D ratio was 10/1 each round, about 50 kills, and 5 deaths (suicide?).

I thought the Brits had an edge on this map, until I saw this.. I even tossed C4and grenades, thinking I could disarm the claymores, no luck thanks to 1.2 patch.

Anyways post if you have had an experience like this.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6750|Mark it zero.
i have... thats why you get someone to run in and blow up, then revive him, and repeat.
DarkObsidian
+6|6637|Arizona, USA
Yea, I've experienced it myself, it's just one of the many EA fuckups.
Chances are he had ammo bags in there with him or had a support team member in there.
d3x74
+14|6647|NY
Get an engineer to disarm the claymores. If you use your wrench the minute you step in front of a claymore it does not explode.
allfive6
+18|6705|Victoria BC or Karkand

d3x74 wrote:

Get an engineer to disarm the claymores. If you use your wrench the minute you step in front of a claymore it does not explode.
What crack are you smoking the engineer can only pick up mines not claymores
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6680|Adelaide, Australia

allfive6 wrote:

d3x74 wrote:

What crack are you smoking the engineer can only pick up mines not claymores
You've obviously never tried to wrench a claymore then...
Unitedsas
+0|6641
he can only  pick up friendly claymores.......
d3x74
+14|6647|NY

Unitedsas wrote:

Whats the point of difusing friendly claymores when they dont harm you. The engineer can difuse all mines and claymores.
psychotoxic187
+11|6710

Unitedsas wrote:

No, an engineer can pick up ANY claymore, or mine. The trick is, being able to come up from behind the claymore.
Inquatitis
+1|6639
why do claymores remind me of angry women?
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX
Wow. I didn't realize that there were still people on this forum that didn't know that the Engineer class could pick up both friendly and enemy mines and claymores.

Not C4 though. Unless DICE puts in the "G" to pick up your own stuff, no one can pick up C4.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6751
the Claymore issue created by patch 1.2 MUST be fixed with patch 1.21.

If there is one thing which had become more annoying that the Original people constantly using the Granade launcher, then it is the claymore "whores".

admitedly, when the patch came out and i discovered that claymores would not be triggered by team mates, i decided to start leaving them in alleys, or by flags. but when you constantly get killed walking near a flag or at a flag, then it gets annoying.

Even if they just allowed a granade to take out the claymore or mine, then it would be a bit better, because then at least the smarter players would know to throw a couple of granades to clear out an area before we enter it. but at the present time, there is no real option apart from death when entering someplace like the Hotel on karkand, or the TV stations if someone has placed claymores around the area.
DTAC
+9|6742
Claymores were practically unusable before 1.2. It's called defence. If someone wants to run up to a flag without looking to see a clearly visible claymore it's their fault. The fella probably laid down 2 claymores, suicided (hence the suicide count) and respawned and laid two more down. It's the same as if a Special Ops laid down C4 and waited until someone comes to take the flag.
Far
+22|6731|USA

DTAC wrote:

Claymores were practically unusable before 1.2. It's called defence. If someone wants to run up to a flag without looking to see a clearly visible claymore it's their fault.
ok... then prior to 1.2 the teammate walking into a BIG RED SKULL wasn't their fault?
Its fucking retarded the way it is now.
I'm not exactly for 100% realism but a claymore that can tell the difference between a friendly and an enemy is so far beyond unrealistic that it is laughable.
Jobarra
+0|6682

Far wrote:

DTAC wrote:

Claymores were practically unusable before 1.2. It's called defence. If someone wants to run up to a flag without looking to see a clearly visible claymore it's their fault.
ok... then prior to 1.2 the teammate walking into a BIG RED SKULL wasn't their fault?
Its fucking retarded the way it is now.
I'm not exactly for 100% realism but a claymore that can tell the difference between a friendly and an enemy is so far beyond unrealistic that it is laughable.
Friendlies that intentionally use their bodies to detonate a Claymore is so far beyond unrealistic that it is laughable.  Gee, that was easy.

The quantity cap shouldn't be placed on Claymores.  They should make them destroyable by grenades again.  I've already said it many times since the patch.  Once they can be destroyed, it will come back to being sneaky with them instead of just throwing them anywhere and waiting for them to be tripped.
Far
+22|6731|USA

Jobarra wrote:

Friendlies that intentionally use their bodies to detonate a Claymore is so far beyond unrealistic that it is laughable.  Gee, that was easy.
Thats what you call defense? Dying? I'd hardly call giving the sniper a free kill a way of beating his 'strategy'. Taking one for the team is one thing, but what about the other 4 claymores waiting for the squad further up the stairs and all over the flag cap zone?

Jobarra wrote:

The quantity cap shouldn't be placed on Claymores.
Sure, ok, then take the cap off SpecOps C4, or the Engies mines. Don't like that idea? Of course not because it's stupid.
gooboy911
+0|6779
Far wrote:

Sure, ok, then take the cap off SpecOps C4, or the Engies mines. Don't like that idea? Of course not because it's stupid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a look at what the spec ops and engie's carry... 5 C4 packs for the specops, and 5 mines for the engie..

The sniper can only only carry 2 claymores.

The specops has multiple uses for their C4.. Defense, Offense, confusion, etc..

The engie has 2 main uses.. Defense and offense.

Prior to the new patch, the sniper was such a hobbled kit. They got 2 claymores, and the only real use they ever used them for was to "try and protect" their "vantage point". Now with the new patch snipers are class to be feared. Not only can you use the claymore for defense, offense, confusion... its now a general deterrent. Its awesome. its a great way to "filter" the flow of the battle. You can force an opposition into running into certain choke points. I love it the way it is... However, I dont like the fact that you are able to spam claymores to no end. I think the cap should be in the same line as the Spec-ops and the engie's.

2 is a waste of time to lay down, and you lose alot of strategic inititive with a cap on the amount of claymores.

-Goo
Far
+22|6731|USA
I wouldn't be against the snipers being able to carry 5 claymores, but not if they're smart-claymores.

In my perfect BF2 world claymores and mines would behave the way they did prior to 1.2 BUT the stupid assmunch teammates who carelessly tripped/ran over them them would not only NOT be able to punish, but instead would be hit with a team asset damage penalty. And, of course, the claymore/mines/C4 should have a color coded skull to easily tell the difference.

Hell, even if a teammate walking/driving on the claymore/mine triggered it but didn't kill them would be better than it is now. It worked fine for BF1942... not very realistic but better than smart bombs.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6732|Peoria, Illinois

Far wrote:

I wouldn't be against the snipers being able to carry 5 claymores, but not if they're smart-claymores.

In my perfect BF2 world claymores and mines would behave the way they did prior to 1.2 BUT the stupid assmunch teammates who carelessly tripped/ran over them them would not only NOT be able to punish, but instead would be hit with a team asset damage penalty. And, of course, the claymore/mines/C4 should have a color coded skull to easily tell the difference.

Hell, even if a teammate walking/driving on the claymore/mine triggered it but didn't kill them would be better than it is now. It worked fine for BF1942... not very realistic but better than smart bombs.
That's just asking for smacktards to exploit that. I can just see them TKing people on the spawnpoints AND making them lose points. Not cool.
AdamEcks
+1|6704|Canada, Eh.
Didn't the 1.21 news say that Snipers could only lay 2 Claymores?? This will end most of the bitching here.
harleyds
+0|6678

DTAC wrote:

Claymores were practically unusable before 1.2. It's called defence. If someone wants to run up to a flag without looking to see a clearly visible claymore it's their fault. The fella probably laid down 2 claymores, suicided (hence the suicide count) and respawned and laid two more down. It's the same as if a Special Ops laid down C4 and waited until someone comes to take the flag.
You do realize that after the someone dies, about 10 seconds later the C4, AT Mine or claymore disappears right?

The way he did it was with a Support guy nearby or someone threw ammo packs all over the floor.  I know cause I have also done it to defend a flag post.

And yes, from what I read, after 1.21, snipers can only lay a total of 2 claymores.  Even if they get a support bag, they can't lay anymore.  I don't know about C4 or Mines.

Last edited by harleyds (2006-02-27 13:05:12)

chilipepper
+0|6741
I was playing commander (Poggioli) with ImzRealGasman and I watch that guy he is talking about on the radar.  He never had a partner with him (no support friend) and he only landed one crate on the roof.  I also watched my team feed him virtually limitless attacks to which he simply killed them all.  We had 2 consecutive full-scale assults (10 guys) go into the TV station and trigger one Claymore at a time and we still didn't make it up the stairs.  Somehow in the 45 seconds (we were spawning at the nearby plaza) he resupplied himself and restocked the stairs.  Has anyone heard of a hack/exploit that lets you have unlimited claymores?  The demo-recorder was on that server all night (one of the Warlord only servers) and I'm tempted to ask the admins to take a look at it to see if there was a hack.  I would fully applaud his admirable defense of the building if he had a support guy there helping him reload as its EAs fault he can drop 5 in the first place, but he seemed to have 10 or more and he could drop more as soon as we triggered the first ones.  In the end, I just dropped my own claymore and he died trying to reset them, it was the only time we took the TV station and by then he had singlehandedly beaten us.  If he wasn't cheating then he did a great job and probably earned both his vet and expert explosives badges, but if he was cheating it takes the fun out of the game and I think this should be reported.  Its up to EA/DICE what to do about the cheaters, but I don't want to play with them on public servers.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

its called wave defense, its a good tactic
sfg-Ice__
+4|6654
Come on, clays and mines were virtually unuseable prior to the patch.  Much like a moth to a flame, your team would be drawn to the "warning explosives" sign.  The upcoming patch, will correct this so there can only be 2 clays out at once.
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au

DarkObsidian wrote:

Chances are he had ammo bags in there with him or had a support team member in there.
the simplest explanation is the correct one. I have used this strategy on the warlord tv station myself, with a support colleague. this is why the next patch lists that claymores have been adjusted so that you can only drop two at any one time. i'm guessing that this will work so if you drop two and then resupply and drop two more, the first two will disappear, like it already was with mines.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-02-27 19:54:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard