Mobius_One1021
+3|6731
Hey guys.  I was wondering, is it just me or does it seem like the G36C is actually better than the SCAR-L for Special Ops?  I mean, maybe I'm just using the SCAR a bit too much like the G36 (I can usually kill at mid distance pretty fast with full auto), but what do you guys think?  I mean, is there a trick to it (like using single shot mode with the G3 to conserve ammo)?

Also, what's the deal with the P90?  I mean, the thing is only slightly more accurate than the MP5 and does the same damage, but fires significantly slower.  Is it actually worth the upgrade, or should I stick with the DAO?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks to anyone who answers.
MooseRyder
+37|6667|Montréal, Canada
well i think the SCAR is a really good, i use it as single shot mode, it can gets really accurate at long range. Once u know how to use it, that gun is awsome. Personaly i dont like the G36C, i dont like the aim on it but for close range combat its still a good gun.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6697|Seattle
The G36C is slightly more accurate than the SCAR-L, but you have to get used to the sights (I love them, myself).  The SCAR-L also does slightly more damage than the G36C, but not enough to really make a significant difference.
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6761|Florida
P90 is the worst AT gun IMO.  And after 1.2, I prefer the SMG's to the DAO.  For the AT kit, in my opinion:

PP-19>MP5>Type 95>DAO12>P90

Only thing the P90 has going for it is the laser dot scope, which brings me to Spec Ops.   I like the SCAR better than the G36.  I'm not a big fan of any G36's except for the MG36.  The laser dots have always worked best for me at medium range with 5 shot bursts and long range with single-fire.  They are very accurate, so use that as your main advantage.  In close quarters, Spec Ops will always come up short against assault rifles, shotguns, and now light machine guns.

So for advantages when in close quarters, use the UAV's and spotteds to your advantage and make sure you see them first.  Which is good advice for any kit, but kits lacking in close quarter power need it more than others.

The more you use a weapon, the more you get comfortable with it and know how to use it.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6786|Golden, CO
I love the G36C.  I've only used the SCAR-L a few times, but it's just not as easy to kill with.
Mobius_One1021
+3|6731
Alright, thanks guys.  I'll probably play around with it in single player for a bit, maybe it'll grow on me.
Nitaro02
+0|6675
G36C for me for spec ops, I love that gun.  I haven't had much luck with the Scar-L after I pick it up off somebody's body.
CackNBallz
+45|6755|Toronto, Canada
I don't like the SCAR-L at all.  I only use the G36C when I am spec-ops.  I am still getting used to the P90, but I find that the rate of fire is too slow.  I really really really love the MP7 submachine gun though.   That thing tears through infantry at close range and fairly well at medium.  Like they should as submachine guns and shotguns are supposed to reign supreme at close range.

The P90 I find is pretty excellent at close range. Shooting from the hip and circle strafing the enemy, who tend to drop prone or spray and pray, unless you're up against an AK-101, or DAO you will usually come out on top. The real P90 fires at over 900 rpm so I am disappointed with the game version. If you like red-dot scopes this submachine gun is for you.
AH1Z SOCOM GHOST
+32|6656|Minnesota
The P90 is a POS.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6687|Canberra, AUS

:]-[: El_Shiznit wrote:

P90 is the worst AT gun IMO.  And after 1.2, I prefer the SMG's to the DAO.  For the AT kit, in my opinion:

PP-19>MP5>Type 95>DAO12>P90

Only thing the P90 has going for it is the laser dot scope, which brings me to Spec Ops.   I like the SCAR better than the G36.  I'm not a big fan of any G36's except for the MG36.  The laser dots have always worked best for me at medium range with 5 shot bursts and long range with single-fire.  They are very accurate, so use that as your main advantage.  In close quarters, Spec Ops will always come up short against assault rifles, shotguns, and now light machine guns.

So for advantages when in close quarters, use the UAV's and spotteds to your advantage and make sure you see them first.  Which is good advice for any kit, but kits lacking in close quarter power need it more than others.

The more you use a weapon, the more you get comfortable with it and know how to use it.
All guns are good, once you know how to use them.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Binximus
+8|6665|Australia
the g36 is miles better than the  scar...even if it has some little red dot to help you aim, once you get use to the g36 ur good to go

never tried the p90 though...but heard nothing but bad things lol
Kwalken
+1|6650
Damages of SCAR-L and G36C are not much different. To kill an armored soldier, you needs 6 shots.
As I concern, SCAR-L bounces more than G36C at full auto mode. Also it shakes left and right a bit. So, you need to make burst or single shots with SCAR-L. If you want, you can test them.
Find an empty server, shoot at the wall with them, and you will see.
mpec82
+-1|6733
G36C rof seems faster than SCAR-L rof

IMHO

For the P90, i've tried it but i don't like it, only 600 rpm, not very accurate.

Last edited by mpec82 (2006-02-27 07:54:44)

LT-LEMON
+0|6699
every 1 thinks the scars good my apinoin its crap
Binximus
+8|6665|Australia

LT-LEMON wrote:

every 1 thinks theo scars god my apinoin its crap
amen to that
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6764
SCAR-L gives you an advantage in CQC, but it's crappy overall. G36C is better. I wish we could have G36K from SF as an unlock.
airborne916
+24|6677

Kwalken wrote:

Damages of SCAR-L and G36C are not much different. To kill an armored soldier, you needs 6 shots.
As I concern, SCAR-L bounces more than G36C at full auto mode. Also it shakes left and right a bit. So, you need to make burst or single shots with SCAR-L. If you want, you can test them.
you mean recoil, rofl bounce.

Last edited by airborne916 (2006-02-27 09:46:47)

CrazeD
+368|6685|Maine
The SCAR-L gives an advantage at long range, due to the laser dot scope, but sucks at close quarters. The G36C fires faster and is more accurate without the sights.

That's my opinion anyway.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6857|Germany / Saxony

airborne916 wrote:

Kwalken wrote:

you mean recoil, rofl bounce.
No, he dosen´t mean recoil.
I don´t know, how its called, but it´s not the recoil.
It is an instability in aiming...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard