skippyfl
+0|6646
Well... Myself and two of my squad mates were in the moongamers SF server today and all three of us were kicked for "Whoring"  I was commander and sniping and my squad mates were in armor.  The admins were upset because we had top scores and they did not.  I went back into the server to ask what the problem was and they banned me for "Disrupting Gameplay".

This is just a warning to any who might think about playing in thier servers.  Save yourself the trouble and just say no.

SkippyFL
www.HiveSquad.com
asbad
+19|6732|Ireland
I never played on them personally but i have heard a lot of bad things about them
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6752|Clinton, MD, USA
I play on that server often. However, I have not seen that happen to a player before.
birdman69
+11|6767|Toronto, Canada
I've played on Moongamers servers many times and have never had any problems.  I've gotten top scores and was never kicked.  I think they state in their server message "No Commander Whoring".  Were you commander like 6 rounds in a row or something?
Rolandoomg
+0|6683|Nevada
Actually they arent that bad and most of the bad things that are said are just opinions but as a show most all times the servers they manage are full. if you Have any questions or want to know know about them just visit their page moongamers.com. explains rules and anything else you may need to know or want to know. And no I am not an admin but I do play on the servers and have never had any problems.
skippyfl
+0|6646
By the sound of it we aren't the only ones who have had problems with this server.
skippyfl
+0|6646
Got a nasty email full of threats today from the server admin after I signed up on thier forum.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6731|California

birdman69 wrote:

I've played on Moongamers servers many times and have never had any problems.  I've gotten top scores and was never kicked.  I think they state in their server message "No Commander Whoring".  Were you commander like 6 rounds in a row or something?
COUGHT FIRESTORM COUGH
Mr.CobraKai
+3|6664
My most played server is Moongamer's Mostly Oman server, and I must say it is one of the better admined servers I've seen.  The admins give warnings when people are doing something that could get them booted, but actually DO boot teamkillers, etc.  Just the right amount of admining.  Perhaps this was an isolated incident?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6767|Scotland

i play on the oman server regularly, and i have to admit, depending on what side the admins are on they dont care if they base rape, but if the other side does then the people get banned. its kinda gay. but its the only big server hosting oman all the time
JRVoss
+0|6655
From their Battlefied 1942 rules, as there are no BF2 rules posted.

"Tank Whoring:
Staying in tanks for a long period of time. This means you either keep the tank alive as an engy, or keep going back to the tank spawn to get right back into a tank. Going back and forth between different types of tanks is still considered whoring."

Basically, you cant use strategy and try to keep your tank alive by playing an engineer. 
Sounds, well, stupid to me.  It's not like you can step out in the middle of a big fire fight to fix it. 
But this looks like what they kicked you for, as sad as it seems.
risson
+17|6778|Wisconsin
Another thing that's being missed is when you are in a tank or troup carrier and get bombed, C4'd, TV guided or what have you... you know that the tank is going to be there again.  So why not get the tank or troup carrier and try (again) go get bases or other vehicles?

I understand the concept of it.. but sometimes getting booted from some servers is rediculas!!!

[ES] RiSSoN
risson
+17|6778|Wisconsin
Another thing that's being missed is when you are in a tank or troup carrier and get bombed, C4'd, TV guided or what have you... you know that the tank is going to be there again.  So why not get the tank or troup carrier and try (again) go get bases or other vehicles?

I understand the concept of it.. but sometimes getting booted from some servers is ridicules!!!

[ES] RiSSoN
Mr.Miyagi
+0|6737
I got banned (dunno perm?) from the Mostly Oman server...the short story is below.

I was MEC and we were getting base rapped by the two USA jets. FINALLY Someone on our team shot down one of the planes with an AA gun and I ran and jumped into the MEC bomber and quickly got the hell outta dodge. Now my mind was strictly focused on revenge becuase that was just BS what they (USA) were doing to us. So I hit my afterburners all the way to the US carriers and then bombed the carrier and got around 4 kills or around there, refilled my ammo and then bombed the carrier again and got around 4 kills. Feeling better I then refilled and went flying around looking for enemy tanks and APCs around the cappable flags. So about a minute or so later the screen returns to the menu and I get a message baneed for base rapping WHILE NO ONE else was kicked and/or banned prior to me. Last time I have played on a MoonGamers server and just my opinion.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6754|St. Paul, MN
I play with moongamers all the time and they keep the servers clean. I'm not usually on sf server tho, so I don't know much about those admins. If you have a problem with them, getting on teamspeak and talking to them is the best idea.
Sgt.Abyss
+2|6793
I play everyday on the moongamer mostly Oman and it's really one of the best admined server I saw, teamkillers and rapers are always kicked very fast. Getting kicked for being first never hapened to me and i'm first kinda often.
~Solar~Fire~
+45|6658|Austin, TX
Were you trying to drive and command at the same time? One of the things that really irks me is to have a commander sitting in a badly needed tank or apc and not really using it to the full potential. Someone else (not even me neccessarily) could be getting more kills with it while the commander could be paying more attention to the assets.
Bravo3
+12|6667
your just mad cuz your a tank whore
<DG>Horus247
+0|6848|United Kingdom

skippyfl wrote:

Well... Myself and two of my squad mates were in the moongamers SF server today and all three of us were kicked for "Whoring"  I was commander and sniping and my squad mates were in armor.  The admins were upset because we had top scores and they did not.  I went back into the server to ask what the problem was and they banned me for "Disrupting Gameplay".

This is just a warning to any who might think about playing in thier servers.  Save yourself the trouble and just say no.

SkippyFL
www.HiveSquad.com
as where also indicated, it's somewhat ironical that moongamers servers state there should be no stats-padding as commander. Considering TA Firestorm (currently BF2 #2) is their senior admin and by checking his stats you will see that the biggest majority of those stats relate to time spent as COMMANDER. now thats interesting.

maybe it has something to do with the fact that he is always playing karkand, usa, and commander, on a 64 player map. remember as winning commander you get double points.
whereas blazin.uk gains most of his points through playing medic (reviving/healing/odd-killing), ta firestorm gains most of his points by hogging the big seat. and whose going to deprive him of it when highest ranked(and points thereafter) gets it?

those other admins are simply firestorm apprentices. commander whores in the making.

my 2 cents.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6762
i have also ad some very bad experiences on moongamers servers
if you are not on the admins team...expect uour team to have a rough time.

at least the imes i have played there ....
ThundergodTyLor
You am dee best!
+34|6707|RCM Headquarters

<DG>Horus247 wrote:

ta firestorm gains most of his points by hogging the big seat. and whose going to deprive him of it when highest ranked(and points thereafter) gets it?
Have you actually played on the MoonGamers Karkand Server?  I tend to play on it quite often, and Firestorm doesnt hog "the big seat".  Quite contrary, Firestorm will let others be commander...all you have to do is ask.

Last edited by ThundergodTyLor (2006-02-28 15:34:09)

skippyfl
+0|6646
The above was miss-quoted and should be attributed to <DG>Horus247.  I was not "commander whoring"  I think that I commanded a round, took a round off, and went back to command.  I was also not driving around while commander.  I was perched on a roof w/ sniper kit spoting for my team.  My team was winning by a good margin for like the 3rd map in a row (every map since we joined the server) and the admins didn't seem to like it.

The way it went down was myself and one of my squad mates were kicked and then my other squad mate questioned it and he was immediately kicked without a response.  We were warned several times to "stop whoring"  to which I replied in game chat several times "what am I whoring" and got no response.  If I was commander whoring I surely wouldn't think they would expect me to resign mid-round.  If so they are even bigger asshats than I thought.

My squad mates were spending a lot of time in armour but they were not "Whoring".  They were both engineers and not dying much.  Maybe the admins expected them to abandon thier fully functional tanks/aa vehicles because they've been in them too long.

The short answer is that myself and two other members of my squad came in, were dominant and then got kicked because they admins couldn't handle losing.  I went back in to the server to ask what the problem was and was promptly banned.

These people should have thier ranked servers shut down by EA/Dice.  Kicking better players sure does seem like stat padding to me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard