Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)

Spark wrote:

Uhhh... or the trusses could just snap...

Spark wrote:

I'm not sure that you know what is meant by 'fail'. It does not mean it melts. It simply means it is weakened so far that it can no longer support its load. Usually a sign of failure is extreme bending.
So, did they bend or did they snap?

And if they bent, where's the evidence of them bending?

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2006-09-09 19:48:50)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Every single thing that you 9/11 deniers are saying is proven wrong here. http://www.lolloosechange.co.nr/
I had the courtesy to watch the entire loose change video (1 and 2). Have you watched http://www.lolloosechange.co.nr/. I am guessing either you are too lazy to hear the explanations or are too scared to be wrong. Either way it's pathetic. I was going to go through and refute everything you said but to be honest it's not like you would listen any ways. It's the nature of the tin foil hat people. http://www.lolloosechange.co.nr/ do yourself and take the time.

It's funny how no real structural engineers believe the loose change theory isn't it?

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-09-10 06:32:50)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

What I never understood in this video was: why the fuck would we kill innocent people, our OWN people?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6828
ask marconiuos, the worlds smartest boy !
negolien
+3|6486
Hey,

Ya you know that's one downfall to boards and too much free speech. Look at the threads about say we planned 9/11 and then look at say the thread I wrote on remembering 9/11. There's 50 posts supporting the theory we hatched 9/11 and like 4 posts that say we feel bad people died on 9/11 lol. These boards are a magnet for morons, whackos, Anarchists, Facists, and commies.
DocZ
+13|6679|Belgium
one reason why 9/11 is not staged:

Money

If Bush or others in the government want a war or something it is much easier and cheaper to bribe certain individuals....  Staging 9/11 is simply too expensive...  And besides, killing people leaves a paper trail and is more expensive...
Seen this movie before...  made by people who see conspiracies in everything, they would probably find WW2 as another conspiracy by the US government to gain world domination....

Seriously, don't give the government more credit then they deserve........
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Steel loses 50 % of its strength at 648c jet fuel can burn up to 825c.

The lead structural engineer reflects on the rise and fall of the World Trade Center towers.

It appears that about 25,000 people safely exited the buildings, almost all of them from below the impact floors; almost everyone above the impact floors perished, either from the impact and fire or from the subsequent collapse. The structures of the buildings were heroic in some ways but less so in others. The buildings survived the impact of the Boeing 767 aircraft, an impact very much greater than had been contemplated in our design (a slow-flying Boeing 707 lost in the fog and seeking a landing field). Therefore, the robustness of the towers was exemplary. At the same time, the fires raging in the inner reaches of the buildings undermined their strength. In time, the unimaginable happened . . . wounded by the impact of the aircraft and bleeding from the fires, both of the towers of the World Trade Center collapsed.

http://www.nae.edu/nae/bridgecom.nsf/we … enDocument

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-09-25 23:27:39)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6766
I've yet to see a witty rebuttal for my point. Any conspiracy theorists care to explain the conspiratorial side of that arguement?
SenatorMendoza
+7|6479
All I have to add to this is Einstein's famous quote:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity...and I'm not sure about the universe."

It COULD have been covered up.

WOULD Bush kill innocents? Well you only have to look at his fucking face to see that.
Sgt_Sieg
+89|6766
Is that an attempt to answer or is it quoting session 2006?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

It almost certainly wasn't planned by the US government. It would be a very stupid thing for them to do. None of the scientific evidence for Thermate charges being placed in the building or that burning jet fuel wouldn't weaken the steel structure, is very solid. There are lots of perfectly plausible and less far fetched reasons the towers could have collapsed after being hit by the planes.

The government should have done more to stop the planes though. The government response was about as crap as it could have been.

Check out this video

Maybe.....

But I doubt it very much.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)

Sgt_Sieg wrote:

I've yet to see a witty rebuttal for my point. Any conspiracy theorists care to explain the conspiratorial side of that arguement?
No, witty rebutal, in fact I personally actually think you're right - there is no way the US government could have planned and kept secret an operation of this magnitude. Hell, I don't think even the terrorists were able to keep it a secret. I believe the report commisioned after 9/11 states that the US administration knew there was an attack planned, just not the specifics.

To requote one of my previous posts:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

The really sad truth behind all this is probably something along these lines:

1. Yes, it was a terrorist attack.
2. Yes, the US goverment knew about it.
3. Yes, the US governemt brought the towers and building 7 down themselves.

why?

Well, I think future history will show that the US had intelligence probably something along the lines of "A terrorist or terrorists plan to hijack one or more passenger planes and fly it/them into one or more targets including the WTC, the Pentagon and/or the Whitehouse on or around a week either side of 9/11."
The WTC housed a lot of very sensitive information that any tom, dick or harry could have got access to after the disaster (with the towers still standing).
So, a plan was hatched to prime the towers for demolition before-hand - that way as soon as the survivors were out the towers could be brought down, burying and destroying all that paperwork and all those HDDs below a big pile of rubble.
However, the intelligence they had didn't give any clue as to the magnitude of what would happen and, sadly, on the day, someone paniced, hit the button and brought the towers down prematurely.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Sgt_Sieg wrote:

No, witty rebutal, in fact I personally actually think you're right - there is no way the US government could have planned and kept secret an operation of this magnitude. Hell, I don't think even the terrorists were able to keep it a secret. I believe the report commisioned after 9/11 states that the US administration knew there was an attack planned, just not the specifics.

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

why?

Well, I think future history will show that the US had intelligence probably something along the lines of "A terrorist or terrorists plan to hijack one or more passenger planes and fly it/them into one or more targets including the WTC, the Pentagon and/or the Whitehouse on or around a week either side of 9/11."
The WTC housed a lot of very sensitive information that any tom, dick or harry could have got access to after the disaster (with the towers still standing).
So, a plan was hatched to prime the towers for demolition before-hand - that way as soon as the survivors were out the towers could be brought down, burying and destroying all that paperwork and all those HDDs below a big pile of rubble.
However, the intelligence they had didn't give any clue as to the magnitude of what would happen and, sadly, on the day, someone paniced, hit the button and brought the towers down prematurely.
That's one of the most plausible rational conspiracy theories I've ever heard. I'd go along with that. I certainly believe they knew the attack was coming - why else would they stage exercises so specific as a hijacked plane being flown into the WTC. (check the link in my previous post)
Sgt_Sieg
+89|6766

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Sgt_Sieg wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

why?

An interesting suggestion, and I must say it is much more rational that the idea of the entire days was planned out minute by minute. I could believe that the government knew about the attacks to some degree, but I wouldn't go as far to say that they were the ones that brought the towers down. But of course with sufficient evidence (that doesn't have a simple counter-point mind you) I could be proven wrong.
-OGz-Badge
+8|6434
It is a bunch of bullshit....This is an American Tragedy and only an idiot would believe the government set it up....LBJ had Kennedy assasinated too right.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

-OGz-Badge wrote:

It is a bunch of bullshit....This is an American Tragedy and only an idiot would believe the government set it up....LBJ had Kennedy assasinated too right.
No one, at least no one in the last few posts, has said the government set it up.

What I am interested in is the point made by Scorpion0x17.

Look at this

Then try telling me there isn't something odd about it.

Whilst I am unwilling to believe the attacks were orchestrated by the government, I do believe they had prior knowledge and failled to act, either through incompetence (a poor excuse) or something altogether more sinister.

I did not know there had been many exercises carried out by the USAF simulating a hijacked airliner targeting the WTC and the Pentagon. I did not know Rumsfeld and Cheney had changed the proceedure for dealing with these types of attack just before it occured. Of course it could all just be coincidence, but perhaps not.

I am still far from convinced though.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6638|Peoria
Swifty_Gold
+3|6431

TrollmeaT wrote:

There was allready a post on this, even if it was staged wtf could we do about it, nothing is what, we will suck it up & pay taxes to fund thier wars so we can live in lazy bliss.
stupidest thing ive read all day
SenatorMendoza
+7|6479
I don't think the question should be BELIEVE or NOT BELIEVE, that's stupid. You can go one way and copmpletely deny that 9-11-2001 happened, but then you're no better than the NAZI holocaust deniers. On the other hand you can just eat up everything the idiot government says and end up as a mindless robot.

Don't bother with either of those extremes. Make up your own mind!

And another point, the USA was totally incapable of defending itself from a passenger jet!?!?!?!? What if there was a plane heading for the USA waiting to drop a nuke? Would it be shot down in time!??!?!? THAT's the fucking issue, DEFENSE, and PREVENTION of this happening again.

Thank god the 9-11 anniversary is over now.
RIP, 911 victims.

Last edited by SenatorMendoza (2006-09-11 16:15:43)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

If 9/11 was going to be covered up, we would've planted the bodies of rare gerbils among the rubble and subsequently notified PETA. How could Iraq defy us if so many hippies are over there dousing innocent civilians with animal blood and...recruiting.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6736|The Island of Carls Jr.
It was all Steivens Speilberg's fault. 8 years from now hes gonna be all " HAHAHA...sorry I was just fucking around with you guys...but seriously did you like it?"
Sgt_Sieg
+89|6766

SenatorMendoza wrote:

And another point, the USA was totally incapable of defending itself from a passenger jet!?!?!?!? What if there was a plane heading for the USA waiting to drop a nuke? Would it be shot down in time!??!?!? THAT's the fucking issue, DEFENSE, and PREVENTION of this happening again.

Thank god the 9-11 anniversary is over now.
RIP, 911 victims.
To put it quite simply, we never thought it would happen. Most Americans before 9/11 thought America was untouchable, so we never really gave fast response AA too much thought. But now... our NG Air Force is on 24/7 alert, fully ready to blow something the fuck up with the given signal.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)

Sgt_Sieg wrote:

To put it quite simply, we never thought it would happen. Most Americans before 9/11 thought America was untouchable, so we never really gave fast response AA too much thought. But now... our NG Air Force is on 24/7 alert, fully ready to blow something the fuck up with the given signal.
Despite the cuban missile crisis. And the cold war. And what was the StarWars project all about?

And why then the military training drills involving simulated attacks involving the flying of passenger jets into various landmarks?

And then there's the fact, revealed in the 9/11 commision report that the US administration had prior warning.

Or US military documents that discuss the use of such tactics.

"We never thought it would happen" - maybe the average Joe and Joanna on the street never thought it would it happen, but don't buy the line that the administration did too.
SoC./Omega
+122|6532|Omaha, Nebraska!
9/11 wasn't staged people.
Sgt_Sieg
+89|6766

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Sgt_Sieg wrote:

Despite the cuban missile crisis. And the cold war. And what was the StarWars project all about?

And why then the military training drills involving simulated attacks involving the flying of passenger jets into various landmarks?

And then there's the fact, revealed in the 9/11 commision report that the US administration had prior warning.

Or US military documents that discuss the use of such tactics.

"We never thought it would happen" - maybe the average Joe and Joanna on the street never thought it would it happen, but don't buy the line that the administration did too.
Dude, if you live in the UK, why are you telling me about what my country did or didn't expect?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard