HeadShot_911
+0|6650
Personaly this is a touph question because while stats did ruin (in my personal belif) the game because it made everyone start to stat pad and camp and just make the game plain bullshit ( I mean remember DC? REMEMBER? such good times not a care in the world it was all about the gameplay, which i also think was MUCH MUCH better then the BF2). Well with this 1.2 patch making the game even more unbalanced then it was before I personaly think this is crap.
-
But then again stats keep people (almost to the ubsessive degree) stuck into the game. People play more trying to get to that next rank and get that new (crappier in most cases) weapon. Trust me i know cause i was in this dilousion for a long time. And while you will play more at the end of the day you remember the good old times with out caring about your stats. I mean seriesly WHAT HAPPEND?

-to everyone who says this has all bneen said before all i have to say is GREAT! GOOD FOR THEM! IM NOT THEM AND I WANT TO BE HURD AS WELL!

-thx for any feuture postes
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6731|California

stats give you something to look foward to, like that next rank or shiny new medals, without rank there is no sense in playing
HeadShot_911
+0|6650
agreed as i havealready mentioned the reason stats are there is to get you stuck in the game.... But you are wrong in that point as well because with stats you dont get to experiance the full game as DC did because you need thouse extra numbers. In DC you didnt care how many times you died or w/e so you would so and have all the fun in the world. Now in BF2... stat padders, tking for vehicles, mutinying the commander, HAVING A COMMANDER, and campers. You think there would be any stat padders in DC? lol no
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6766
I like te idea of goals in the game, but I would agree that it puts more of an emphasis on the individual rather than the team in a game thats all about teamwork. Achieving awards that are kept on record give you a sense of achievement for the time you have given too the game. For example in an RPG its being tougher & having better stats & weapons. The same holds true in BF2 too an extent, since being at a higher rank gives you unlockable weapons, which are arguably better than what you start with.

Stats & awards are both cure & curse, since people would teamkill for vehicles without stats, because they know they have no record kept of their ill play. People wouldnt stat pad now if it werent for the unlocks. But if you removed the unlocks you wouldnt strive for things in game & as a result you wouldnt be playing to your highest potential & from EA's perspective not playing enough to make the game as popular as it could be.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6713|New York
I thinks the stats Make the game to seriouse. Too much so. But Id like to see LESS of a gap between these ranks so people can have FUN playing. Im sorry, But Our server is for fun, the rules make it so and thats the way it will stay. How much fun is it Being spawned killed at a no cap? Not much for the folks who paid there money to Play. Matter of fact What about the SpawnKilling Whores on Karkand? Its total and complete BULLSHIT.

Its a Game Kiddies. It was Ment to have fun. But Most Ruin it. when our server was Unranked, It stayed FULL 24/7. so that Must tell you something. They were there for the fun.

Harry

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard