fuzzyballs44
+3|6702|Coeur D' Alene, ID
ONLY ONE DAY UNTIL EURO HITS THE WAR ZONE!  I'm super stoked to be able to play with a new flag representing on the maps...what do you all think about the new armor and vehicles?....I am personally most apprehensive towards the new attack helicopter, as it actually has air to air combat missles, it will be super hard to combat that in a MEC/PLA chopper!  What is everyone looking forward to in the new bad ass army hitting the fronts???

NOTE:  There have been a lot of ripples trace through the waters of BF2 in the last week or so....and I beg all of you to not make this a debate or thrash or argument regarding the patch....please don't make my post a "patch post" as there are more than enough options for you to post in out there!  I want to have an optimistic discussion about Euro Force with the true patriots of BF2 out there with NO MENTION OF THE FREAKIN PATCH!!!!!
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
well im gonna be happy to play it. the new maps will be nice so i can get more of a variety. its only $10 and i make that much money very fast. yay for work. so yes i will be getting it.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6713|California

eurocopter tiger is going to pound ass, in the good way
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6687|The Ville
10$ ?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6713|California

yes
fuzzyballs44
+3|6702|Coeur D' Alene, ID
The patch will be 10 bones, which is roughly a bottle of wine....a combo meal and poppers at arby's....4 gallons of gas....for hours and hours of entertainment!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
Yeah, I think it'll be good worth...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6713|California

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

The patch will be 10 bones, which is roughly a bottle of wine....a combo meal and poppers at arby's....4 gallons of gas....for hours and hours of entertainment!
mmm arbys

roast beef ftw
Atlas
+0|6673
$10 might not be all that much, but then this game is already costing too much for the level of support I am getting. With the original game, expansion, and all these booster packs they are planning on releasing, it's quickly adding up to $100+ for a buggy game with medicore patches that don't address a lot of the important issues. If people start saying it is astoundingly good or something, I will throw down the money on it, otherwise, I enjoy this game and all, but I don't feel like putting any more money into it for the level of service I am getting.

Last edited by Atlas (2006-02-20 02:09:37)

AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6780|Hanging onto the UAV
I personally am really looking forward to it - the new tanks especially (I hope the Challenger 2 rawks, being from the UK and all). I saw a vid of the new weapons, though, and there's only a couple that look interesting: the FAMAS and the new Support weapon. The others I'm not particularly bothered about.
Ghostin-Dashell
+0|6644
I'm pretty stoked about the new maps and equipment, can't wait to pick up a copy next w-end.  The great wall map is gonna rock (i hope)
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6818|Netherlands
Gonna enlist in euroforce  with euro,s  right away, beeing a euro...

but hope the voices wont be so kaka english  highschool accent...

and hope the download will work to....
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6713|California

eurofighter has hellfires, thats what i was told
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6748|The Netherlands
1 day left of playing BF2 before I keep it in its box.
going to mis you all :'(
but I made my point I quit playing BF2 as soon as EA expands the game again (for money of course).
now I need to find another community and game. snif snif

Last edited by fdcp_elmo (2006-02-20 02:38:47)

ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6712|Las Vegas

Atlas wrote:

I don't feel like putting any more money into it for the level of service I am getting.
So let me get this straight.......

Your cost per hour given $50 for the base package is around 10c per hour, you've played over 400 hours and nearly 25 hours in the last week alone, yet you feel ripped off by the service you are getting?  Good god man have you never spent $10 to see a bad movie?  Thats $5.00 an hour wasted for one night (if you bought popcorn make that $10.00) versus .10c an hour over 6 months give or take.  Would you spend as much time on a board bitching about the movie as you will bitching about a game?  I doubt it.  Just do the math and tell me where the value per dollar lies....

I don't know about you but anything that costs me $50 and provides me with well over 400 hours of entertainment is a resounding success.  Maybe it's just me but I think our society has produced a lot of whiney little bitches that will never be satisified bar nothing ( I dont necessarily mean you but the community in general...).

Go ahead and take a hike if you like but given the fact that this game has entertained you now for over 400+ hours I dare you to find a better game currently on the market that will satisfy your gaming hunger......

Just my .02

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-02-20 03:03:58)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6713|California

fdcp_elmo wrote:

1 day left of playing BF2 before I keep it in its box.
going to mis you all :'(
but I made my point I quit playing BF2 as soon as EA expands the game again (for money of course).
now I need to find another community and game. snif snif
i head the DoD community is good
Sweetmate
+1|6743
I was stoked,...then I found out its 32 player only. Which suggests the server can be no more than 32 slots. All the servers i play on and my clan's server are set to between 40 and 50 players. Theres no way they are going to change their slots to 32 because of Euro Forces. This pattern will be repeated across the community, so euro force will be found initially on a handful of Official servers and then after a month or so it will dissapear just like SF.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.

stryyker wrote:

original does too
Chowley
+1|6679|Ireland

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

ONLY ONE DAY UNTIL EURO HITS THE WAR ZONE!  I'm super stoked to be able to play with a new flag representing on the maps...what do you all think about the new armor and vehicles?....I am personally most apprehensive towards the new attack helicopter, as it actually has air to air combat missles, it will be super hard to combat that in a MEC/PLA chopper!  What is everyone looking forward to in the new bad ass army hitting the fronts???

NOTE:  There have been a lot of ripples trace through the waters of BF2 in the last week or so....and I beg all of you to not make this a debate or thrash or argument regarding the patch....please don't make my post a "patch post" as there are more than enough options for you to post in out there!  I want to have an optimistic discussion about Euro Force with the true patriots of BF2 out there with NO MENTION OF THE FREAKIN PATCH!!!!!
Your name scares me

Cant wait for the famas though.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6713|California

Kamikaze17 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

original does too
but this isnt a bomber, its a fighter
Atlas
+0|6673

ShotYourSix wrote:

Atlas wrote:

I don't feel like putting any more money into it for the level of service I am getting.

Your cost per hour given $50 for the base package is around 10c per hour, you've played over 400 hours and nearly 25 hours in the last week alone, yet you feel ripped off by the service you are getting? 

I don't know about you but anything that costs me $50 and provides me with well over 400 hours of entertainment is a resounding success.  Maybe it's just me but I think our society has produced a lot of whiney little bitches that will never be satisified bar nothing.

Go ahead and take a hike if you like but given the fact that this game has entertained you now for over 400 hours + I dare you to find a better game currently on the market that will satisfy your gaming hunger......

Just my .02
Judging by your reply you must not have a solid grasp on how the gaming community generally works. I have been a gamer for a long time and have dabbled in every genre, so I know that how much you pay for a game has nothing to do with how much time you play it. I also know that BF2 is not the type of game that should have a monthly cost for playing it, however that is what EA is basically doing by releasing small chunks of new content and charging for it wherever they can.

And don't tell me to take a hike you retard, I said explicitly in my previous post that I enjoyed BF2, just that I  won't pay more money for extra content unless there is a damn good reason to. EA is very very lucky that they had such a solid fanbase from previous BF games and that BF2 has such solid gameplay with elements that can't be found in other games, because otherwise the large quantities of bugs and the lack of decent support would have driven everyone off a while ago.

It is unfortunate that society has produced suckers like yourself. While you're sending your money to EA send $10 to my paypal account and I'll give you a pat on the back.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6834|Cologne, Germany

ShotYourSix wrote:

Atlas wrote:

Your cost per hour given $50 for the base package is around 10c per hour, you've played over 400 hours and nearly 25 hours in the last week alone, yet you feel ripped off by the service you are getting?  Good god man have you never spent $10 to see a bad movie?  Thats $5.00 an hour wasted for one night (if you bought popcorn make that $10.00) versus .10c an hour over 6 months give or take.  Would you spend as much time on a board bitching about the movie as you will bitching about a game?  I doubt it.  Just do the math and tell me where the value per dollar lies....

I don't know about you but anything that costs me $50 and provides me with well over 400 hours of entertainment is a resounding success.  Maybe it's just me but I think our society has produced a lot of whiney little bitches that will never be satisified bar nothing.

Go ahead and take a hike if you like but given the fact that this game has entertained you now for over 400+ hours I dare you to find a better game currently on the market that will satisfy your gaming hunger......

Just my .02
I second that. If I add up all the money spent on bad movies ( either cinema or rentals ), fast food, too much alcohol, etcc, I will have to admit I have spent 10€ worse.

Being from europe, that booster pack is a must for me. can't wait for the Leopard 2A6...
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6839|North Texas

ShotYourSix wrote:

I don't know about you but anything that costs me $50 and provides me with well over 400 hours of entertainment is a resounding success.  Maybe it's just me but I think our society has produced a lot of whiney little bitches that will never be satisified bar nothing ( I dont necessarily mean you but the community in general...).

Just my .02
Good lord! If that wasn't so long, I'd make it my sig. Good stuff!
(EWC)Zenine
Zibst3rZ
+1|6762
chose what u want...chose what u need. who cares what u do for entertainment. go watch TV like you used to before u discovered VgameZ.

...and here is .02 cents more.

:p
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6712|Las Vegas

Atlas wrote:

It is unfortunate that society has produced suckers like yourself. While you're sending your money to EA send $10 to my paypal account and I'll give you a pat on the back.
I blow $10 out of my ass everytime I take a shit.....why don't you send me a cup, I'll fill it up for you

(sorry dude,  but it's very hard for me to take you seriously)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard