Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6716
Alright, I uninstalled my game a while ago, but am just reading up on the patch notes.  It said that the MGs are more accurate.  So I look at the Wiki, and it says now that the MGs have a minimum deviation of 0.1 - the lowest in the game except for the sniper rifles.  Is this true, or just an error in the Wiki?
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6775|St. Paul, MN
nope--no error, LMGs are the new pimp shit beyond control.  I played BF with 1.2 for the first time today and killed seven peeps in a row all at once. it was intense. I'm seeing this all the time, just tons and tons of
[PKM]
[PKM]
[PKM]
uk.solidsnake
+3|6739|England, UK
Yes, they practically piss out bullets at sniper rifle accuracy.

It's annoying as fuck, considering you can still prone dive and shoot with barely any wait, effectively making the support kit the most powerful kit by far. You're pretty much Rambo with unlimited ammo mode turned on.

Still no match for my L85, though.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6716
Wow, I guess that makes the MGs portable miniguns   Time to take out some BHs.

Now WTF was EA thinking?  They get rid of the noob tube, but make a new one at the same time.  Why is it that it seems that no developer has ANY idea how to make a balanced game?  Its almost as if none of them have ever played a shooter before... which is probably true.

As soon as I install my game again, I'm going to pick the support, and nail people from on top of the crane.

Last edited by Sh4rkb1t3 (2006-02-18 15:34:39)

DeadboyUSMC
+65|6730|NCFSU2
At the ranges the firefights usually occur in this game, LMG's would be this accurate when used by a trained soldier. I've used a SAW on many, many occasions and it made me sick how inaccurate it used to be in-game. Now it's the death machine it should be. LMG's are meant to be the fire base of a squad, and this means cappin' fools good.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

uk.solidsnake wrote:

It's annoying as fuck, considering you can still prone dive and shoot with barely any wait, effectively making the support kit the most powerful kit by far. You're pretty much Rambo with unlimited ammo mode turned on.

all MGs can be pwned by the L85, but better, the L96 :::::
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

uk.solidsnake wrote:

all MGs can be pwned by the L85, but better, the L96 :::::
Rizen_Ji
+41|6767|200m out and smiling at you.
guys, i have an accuracy of 19.65% now with LMG..... it's freaking insane how accurate they r now.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6806|Noizyland

I must admit I have been repeatedly frustrated with blatting at a guy who's not too far away and not having one hit register. Because of this, and my stats show it, I rarely play Support -  mostly when I'm commander so I can rack up some time with the class. I havn't played the new patch yet, I don't kow if my iCafe has even installed it yet, but I think having great accuracy with the LMG is a good thing. Here's why:

The LMG is used quite often as a roadblock. The soldier is blocking off a point, and it is not wise for any enemy to confront them head on. Formerly, this roadblock was as effective as a pebble in the road. Seeing an enemy from a not-too-far distance would mean death for the Support guy, unless by some miracle he was lucky enough to hit them in the head with the 1/50 bullet that he fired and actually hit.

Also, I like it because it makes Snipers an even more valuable asset to the team. As well as getting rid of enemy soldiers in Stingers so that friendly planes and choppers survive, Snipers spot out roadblocks, (Support guys,) and clear the way for their team/squad. Be wary Support guys, you are going to become targets for Snipers.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

now the art of TRYING to aim is gone, R.I.P
Fynath
+0|6706|Columbus, OH

stryyker wrote:

Uh, how so?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

Fynath wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Uh, how so?
nopw all you have to do is point and click, there is no need for adjustment or compensation, its just autosniper at its finest. it takes NO skill to sit in an alley and unload on people that come in front of you, imo
Fynath
+0|6706|Columbus, OH

stryyker wrote:

Fynath wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Uh, how so?
nopw all you have to do is point and click, there is no need for adjustment or compensation, its just autosniper at its finest. it takes NO skill to sit in an alley and unload on people that come in front of you, imo
Maybe said people should throw grenades down said alleyways instead of rushing into them like blind zerglings. o.o And it's only point and click if the person you're shooting at isn't moving.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6786
Just comes down to what you enjoy... Not what gets you or anyone else the kills'.

If you dont like a challenge then go LMG sniping, but if you like playing to your favourite kit & playing that kit well then at the end of the day your the winner.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard