DSRTurtle
+56|6686
When you went for your for vet and expert badges, did your spm and k/d ratio suffer?  I'm thinking of trying these to get the required 50 kills for vet badge and then when I get close to 500 for the expert badge.  Thanks in advance for helpful suggestions.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.
my k:d ratio didnt take that much of a drop. its 1.14. im not sure about my spm, but probably didnt hurt it much if at all, expecically since i did it as a medic.
ImaMedic
+1|6767|Where ever there's wounded
Got my basic and veteran on Karkand as a sniper. I just hit things better with a silenced pistol for some reason.
Just have a fast trigger finger and sneak up on guys.

BTW it's frustrating when someone else takes the kill from you.
ShakaZuluKhan
+0|6718|Chicago

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

I cant do it, It cant be done.

It is harder than using the Knife.

I cant do it, my k:d is taking a hammering(it was already in the shitter) 300 dths in the last 2 days of trying.

Ive read every guide in here, on other sites, every post dealing with it, it cant be done.

IS ther anyone who is willing to let me kill them 5 times to let me get it ...(What am i saying thats stat padding), forget i just said that, see its mentally screwed me.

Any normal/average player that has tips.

And please I dont want to here how you "got it in your first go" just tell me how I can do it.
YOu can do it, I did it, and I detest the pistol.. Now working on Basic Knife (all for the damn master sgt stripes)and just wait till your k/d ratio updates after that Just keep trying.. Find a good server you like, and use different tactics. Find something that works.
BallisticallyYours
+23|6631|Chicago, IL

ProfLiebstrom wrote:

Stephen_Sung_811007 wrote:

How i got Basic: Mashtuur City.
sneak in 2nd floor  of one of those houses where other team spawns. lie on the couch and spawn camp.
THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO DO IT.
other than how i just said.....
I agree there are other ways, play any urban map with just the pistol. I recieved my vet and it wasn't that bad, empty a mag into their head.
belikeron
+-1|6633
Basic pistole' is freakin easy, I got it trying to get basic engineer =p

Now basic knife and basic boom booms = *sad panda face*
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6647|Peoria
oh man, i RAPE with the pistol. Its so much fun. especially when you kill snipers with it. They get pissy.
belikeron
+-1|6633

Elamdri wrote:

oh man, i RAPE with the pistol. Its so much fun. especially when you kill snipers with it. They get pissy.
Yup dont try and use it like a sniper rifle though like some people Id imagine do, were they shoot reaim etc.

If its a long distance shot, start a little low and shoot 3-4 shots. If its close dont even aim with thier alt fire, just cross courser to the head and empty the clip. If its an assult, anti tank, or support your gonna get raped most of the time, but on the others you should be alright.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

so freakin easy.  just try to get basic engineer on wake.  halfway through, you realize the shotgun does NOT pwn at long ranges so you use the pistol.  its so easy.  knife i cant get though...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6730|Rochester, NY
I went on a 16 player server and used the pistol to crap everyone out with... It wasn't that bad but it took time! Knife on the other hand...
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6674|Canada Eh?

DSRTurtle wrote:

Vampira_NB wrote:

Aim...For...Head
or empty the clip into them as fast as you can.
That usually works too, with a fast enough trigger finger the pistol can be turned into an uber powerful Uzi
R0lyP0ly
+161|6654|USA
spawn camping is for bitches. play a server that says "pistol and knife only". people there actually follow the rules and the admin kicks you if you use a rifle, grenade, etc. Everybody uses pistols, so more or less they dont have that much more of an advantage (other than human skill, not better weapon skill) thats the way its done
R0lyP0ly
+161|6654|USA
basic knife is easy...sort of. you have to look at a situation and exploit its weaknesses. karkand its pretty easy- use it in that first little box filled are near hotel, and use it like a flaming sword of death in the courtyard at sqaure. *hint hint aim for the waist
R0lyP0ly
+161|6654|USA
jeez emptying the clip as fast as possible doesnt work unless you are a few meters away. Believe it or not, aim down the sight (ADS) the guy and fire once, wait for the gun to resettle (that way there is smaller shot deviation. then pop, pop, and pop again and he'll go down sure as sure. although ADS can be nerve racking, it works, just be calm and patient (and accurate)
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6674|Canada Eh?
I got my basic so I ain't listening to you, just gotta find the time for Vet since I have more than 50 pistol kills, just need to remember to get the 7 I need IAR.

I'm gonna stick to either: a) Shoot Head
or
b) Press trigger frantically until something falls down
DSRTurtle
+56|6686

R0lyP0ly wrote:

spawn camping is for bitches. play a server that says "pistol and knife only". people there actually follow the rules and the admin kicks you if you use a rifle, grenade, etc. Everybody uses pistols, so more or less they dont have that much more of an advantage (other than human skill, not better weapon skill) thats the way its done
That's the way to have your stats reset.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6644|Cumberland, MD, USA
Here's how I JUST did it on Wake, and by JUST I mean not 5 minutes ago.

I spawned Airfield when the US had the South Village and Beach. I ran up to the wrecked airplane and layed down under the wing. I waitied until they ran past me up the path when I popped off 3 rounds at them. Usually 1 or 2 hit. I'd pop off another set of 3 and then another letting the gun settle between bursts. They'd drop after the 2nd or 3rd burst. I had 3 kills in a few minutes. I then got impatient and ran in to cap the flag. 1 guy I presume was AFK laying down inside of the bunker so I capped him and then another had seen me go into the bunker so had went around to the open side to get me. I flanked him and BAM! Badge.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6632

Geez it takes 5 shots to the torso and with the quick firing of the pistol it should be a piece of cake!

PS: I already have the veteran pistol

Last edited by Gooners (2006-03-05 16:18:41)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6632

Play Strike at karkand or any other busy city map.
Skinnister
+43|6725|UK
well what I did is go into "zoom" mode with the pistol and in the middle of the aim draw a small black dot on your screen then you will know to put the dot on the enemy's head and it has helped me for alot more weapons even my expert knife.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6654|USA

DSRTurtle wrote:

R0lyP0ly wrote:

That's the way to have your stats reset.
getting my stats reset for playing a pistol and knife only server? i didnt set the server buddy, i just play by what the admin says. reset theirs if it'll make you feel better
GA_medic_8763
+0|6629|N.C.

[LCI]squeakyfleece wrote:

god i got veteran pistol and knife and im 10 yrs old!!!!
no offense but i don't think you should be bragging about your age.....
GA_medic_8763
+0|6629|N.C.
for the knife i just sneaked around and stabbed people in the back, and the pistol on karkand at the hotel alleyway for both basic and vet
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645
this is how I got mine, I had some trouble with it first since i never used the pistol before, anyhow go to the Karkland map pick a map that does not have too many ppl, maybe 20 or 16 or 25 ppl max. anyhow since the ticket ratio will be slow and you will have time use ur pistol all the time, mix and mathc use silet pistol once and then use the one without a silincer once, k anyhow when the group of ppl is bunched up by the exploded tank or anywhere near the hotel area (be U.S not mec) then spawn from the side where the Artillery is then just go there down the hill you should be able to kill some guys who have their backs turned around to you, just shoot them in the head if can aim good if not fire fast.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6688|UK
Go as USMC on Karkand, go and camp in the small alley opposite the hotel, not the big arch thing but the spawn point next to it, stand behind them and unload a clip into them once they spawn. or shoot them with a sniper then quickly finish off with pistol.

pretty much how i got veteran knife.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard