+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

I have ultra blowing
No you don't.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
Joined an org of guys I flew with in eve. Upgrading PC. Getting pumped.
Adams_BJ
Gamescon on this week, whats everyone looking forward to?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
halowars2
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
Fgt
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
i do have a rainbow sheep as an avatar
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

I built a new computer over the weekend. Recycled quite a few parts from my old PC to keep costs down. Still have my old graphics card but I'll get a new one at some stage. Still, with a 3.5ghz i5 processor and 16GB RAM, (upgraded from a 3.2gz Dual Core processor and 4GB RAM,) with my old GTX 650 I run it really well on low settings - which still look great. Doesn't run terribly on ultra high settings either, (though FPS in dogfighting is not good enough to really do anything.) Trying to get the hang of flying and fighting. Using my Super Hornet because I'm trying to make up for my inadequacies with fire power.

Be interesting to see what CIG's presentation at Gamescon is. Every time things get to that stage where there's not much news in the way of development, (delay of Star Marine,) everyone gets a bit negative only to be blown away with whatever's in the presentation. Always interesting to learn more about just how much work is being done in the background away from what gets released on the website and what backers have to play with at this stage.

What org are you with Adams?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6707|England. Stoke
So is this game actually a game yet then or what?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
sort of
Adams_BJ
I'm with Intersun Aerospace ty. I recommend them. Spent a long time with them in Eve, great bunch of guys and easy to get along with. No pressure but very well organised and effective at what they do. Also cover all TZs
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6173|Sydney | ♥

Ty wrote:

upgraded from a 3.2gz Dual Core processor and 4GB RAM
Jesus, is the NZD that bad?
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

coke wrote:

So is this game actually a game yet then or what?
Not really. It's kind of a demo. More of a sample. It shows what space combat is going to sort of be like, though it's being tweaked and altered all the time. Also at this stage it's only really between single-person fighters, though there are a couple of ships that you can, (awkwardly,) get a two or more person crew on.

Adams_BJ wrote:

I'm with Intersun Aerospace ty. I recommend them. Spent a long time with them in Eve, great bunch of guys and easy to get along with. No pressure but very well organised and effective at what they do. Also cover all TZs
Righto. I'm currently with Valinor Aerospace. Joined them after my first group Blue Horizon went tits up - which was a shame because it was developing nicely until the egomaniac leading it threw his toys out of the cot over the fact that his deputies had opinions. I think CIG actually created the defunct in-lore corporation Gold Horizon in that group's honour given Blue Horizon was one of the dominant groups in the early days.

Valinor are okay but I'm not particularly committed to them, (kind of iffy about the whole Tolkein boner they've got going on,) so I'll take a look at Intersun.

tazz. wrote:

Ty wrote:

Well, yes. But more to the point New Zealand gets the New Zealand tax just as Australia gets the Australia tax when it comes to computer components.

Also the machine I built in 2008 actually lasted pretty well and I didn't feel I needed to replace it. Was getting a bit frustrating through so I finally replaced it. Got to tell you, suddenly getting a boost representing half a decade of personal computing advancement is pretty cool.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Adams_BJ
Mine will be like that when I rebuild. Have had it more or less the same since 08
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6173|Sydney | ♥

Ty wrote:

tazz. wrote:

Ty wrote:

Well, yes. But more to the point New Zealand gets the New Zealand tax just as Australia gets the Australia tax when it comes to computer components.

Also the machine I built in 2008 actually lasted pretty well and I didn't feel I needed to replace it. Was getting a bit frustrating through so I finally replaced it. Got to tell you, suddenly getting a boost representing half a decade of personal computing advancement is pretty cool.
heh- i'm on a 2010 i7 930 build with 12GB ram... GTX 660 ... so I think I might not feel such a boost as you did if i choose to upgrade, which at this point there is just no need unless (mostly the mobo) something fails.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Was about to give this game a test last week after a 4 month break. It then decided to update for around 90min. When that was done the fucker thought it would be a great idea to update for the next 4 hours. Went to bed
Adams_BJ
Hahahahaha
Adams_BJ

Not very polished but shows some of the work they have done. Moving around the ships looks great in 0G
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Some of that animation judder is caused by an issue with CryEngine 3. Lot of ironing out needed though.

Pretty cool stuff. Always impressed to see what's been going on in the background. The way things are I wouldn't actually be surprised if they released the first part of Squadron 42 on schedule. Persistent Universe probably needs a lot of extra work though.

Liquidated my M50 and Mustang to get a no frills Retaliator. Not spending any more money but didn't much like those two ships and kind of cool to get a big ship in exchange for them.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Ultrafunkula

Holy moly.

Squadron 42 is a single player campaign that takes place within the Star Citizen universe. It can be played off-line.[1] Squadron 42 will be released in episodes, the first of which will become available in late 2015. The gameplay of the first episode will last for 70 hours.
http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Squadron_42
Adams_BJ
*nerdgasm*
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6707|England. Stoke
So when is this actually being released? Cus I will have to build my first new PC in well over 5 years for it.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6473|Foothills of S. Carolina

Just tried to update mine. The website keeps crashing and killing my display driver. WTF?
Adams_BJ
They think the first part of squadron 42 will be about Christmas this year. Who knows though it's got so ambitious.
Ultrafunkula

Oh, what the hell now? The game started to install a 25GB patch?! 3 weeks since I updated the game last time and didn't even get to play it since it installed the last pile of stuff during the night. This is fucking ridiculous.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard