got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

no but really
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6660|Devon, England
lol

Calm down, boys, I'm sure Cammy's feelings are ok.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

If it's F2P, maybe. I'm not spending ten bucks a month just to have it go F2P within six.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
It's a one time charge no sub with an item store.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
It's only $30. The store option is for servers. There will be no in-game money or use of real money to give yourself an advantage or such. That is what the developers said and I believe them.

You people are being very skeptical and jumping the hate wagon for a game we haven't even seen video footage of. For all you know it could be the best game to come out this year.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It's only $30. The store option is for servers. There will be no in-game money or use of real money to give yourself an advantage or such. That is what the developers said and I believe them.

You people are being very skeptical and jumping the hate wagon for a game we haven't even seen video footage of. For all you know it could be the best game to come out this year.
But will the m16 ejection ports be on the correct side?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6438

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I highly doubt the game will come out this year.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It uses the same engine as some game called Warwick or something like that. Starts with a W
WarRock maybe? I really hope not, that game was awful and there were hackers everywhere.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

your avatar is adorable
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
I know :3
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
War Inc. lol
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6438

The fuck was that Camm?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Camm wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

But will the m16 ejection ports be on the correct side?
that's the big question! lets sacrifice a lamb, pray to the gods, cover ourselves in ashes, and repent of our sins in hopes of proper ejection ports.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5923
The screens look good. But as everyone else is saying, it means nothing until video footage or play tests are released.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

that's the big question! lets sacrifice a lamb, pray to the gods, cover ourselves in ashes, and repent of our sins in hopes of eternal life.
and lo, we have Christianity.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Camm, the ashes part was a cultural thing, not a Christian thing. We also only believe there's one God, and I believe Him to exist, as do millions of other people. Anyway, the sacrificial lamb is a symbolic thing and I'd bet money you don't truly understand the purpose behind it.

The repenting and praying is the only thing. However, most religions are like that as well.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Camm, the ashes part was a cultural thing, not a Christian thing. We also only believe there's one God, and I believe Him to exist, as do millions of other people. Anyway, the sacrificial lamb is a symbolic thing and I'd bet money you don't truly understand the purpose behind it.

The repenting and praying is the only thing. However, most religions are like that as well.
Lol
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I hope there's a voice communication system similar to DayZ's.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I hope there's a voice communication system similar to DayZ's.
He still won't hear you.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I just read some pretty interesting information on the forums from the developers.

When you create your character you'll be able to choose from several available characters, and once you've chosen character you'll be able to select different heads and hairstyles, and styles for lower and upper body parts.

Here's example of one of the female and male characters - while as you can see it features different styles, you can mix and match parts between those characters to create your own unique looking survivor

On top of that you'll be able accessorize your characters with different pieces of head gear ( hats, scary looking masks, googles, etc ) and also if you lucky find vests or custom made armor pieces. Those pieces can be either found in a world, or bought right away in marketplace.

When you start playing game, you'll have couple characters unlocked and available for your use right away. You can unlock more characters AND/OR new skins for those characters by either spending EXPERIENCE points or GOLD COINS.

Here's important difference between those two - experience is something you gain while surviving in a world, killing zombies, exploring world and new locations, helping other player. You can them spend earned experience points to either train your character to learn new skills, or to unlock new characters.

Gold coins on other hand you can only get by either finding them in a world ( very very rare ) or by hunting down special mutant zombies, retrieving their stem cells and sell those stem cells ( that can be used to create anti zombie virus vaccine ) at safe settlement's stores.

So we basically give you two options -one is less risky, but will take longer time to do, or faster one but extremely risky one. Choice is yours.
Lets talk about how Skill Trees, Training and Experience works.

As you'll be exploring game world, killing zombies ( if you're lucky ) or other players ( if that's what you want ), doing other things in a game, you'll be accumulating Experience Points. You can spend Experience Points to unlock new characters OR to improve your existing characters - TRAIN them.

Training is done by spendin Experience Points to unlock Skill Tree NODES. Each Node will either affect some of your stats, or will lern your character to do new things ( for example learn how to apply bandages more effectively ).

Stats modification are only affecting stats that can be trained in real life - for example your character will be able to sprint for longer time, or he'll be able to carry slightly more weight. But it won't affect stats like your health - after all we don't want to make you super hero. It will affect how fast you can reload gun, but it won't change damage that gun does.

Here's some preliminary design of Skill Tree to give you idea of how it may look like. Please note that nodes have different colors. Each color correspondent to specific AREA of expertise - like Physical training, weapons training , medical skills, survival skills, etc.
We'll cover Inventory system today. First of all - I've censored part of the image that contain some debug information.

To get to inventory you can either press hotkey ( 'I' by default ) or by pressing ESC to get to pause menu and selecting "INVENTORY" tab.

Content of the inventory screen depends on type of backpack you're using. You'll start with really small backpack that can only hold 8 unique items. Please note that as you can see some items can be stacked, so lets say if you have 10 magazines for your gun or 10 bandages, they'll take just one slot.

When you'll find new backpack in a world, you'll be able to change your current backpack to new one. Old backpack will become just and object in a world, so you can still carry it in yout backpack ( ie it'll take one slot ) and use for trade or something. When you press CHANGE BACKPACK buutton it'll show you what other backpacks you have in your current backpack or in your global inventory ( this option is only available in Safe settlements ). As you can see I don't have any other backpacks available.

On top part of the screen you see four "hard" slots reserved for certain type of items. Those are slots that shows what's equipped on your character. First slot if for guns, second is for melee weapons, third is for vests, armor ( if you lucky to find one ) and head gear.

Below you see information about weight you currently carry and maximum weight your character can carry. Those numbers doesn't depend on type of backpack you're using - they're depends on your character TRAINING.

Below that are four "hot slots" - ones you see in your quick access bar in HUD.

You can move items between slots by justa dragging and dropping them whereever you want them. If you want to to some action with item you can acees "USE" menu for item by right mouse clicking on items icon.

content of this menu varies between items - as you can see in case of vaccine I can either use it or drop it. Since I have only one vaccine shot, there's no option for "mass drop" - ie if you'll have for example 10 items and want to drop them at one - you'll have special menu option for that.
https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/326607_262360293881285_1813240654_o.jpg

https://www.thewarz.com/img/WarZ_HUD.jpg

Quick update on current HUD state.

1. Time and Date. We have universal time/date across all servers, with "starting" date around October 15 2018. Right now day/night cycle is set to be around 4 hours, but we'll be adjusting that during closed beta test to find value that will fit best.

2. You visibility and noise level meters. Faster you move, more visible you're and more noise you're making. Your posture affect your visibility as well.

3. Food and water levels, Health meter, your stamina meter ( only visible when running ) and your blood toxicity meter ( if you got infected ). As you can see I'm really dehydrated right now and I'll be losing health every few seconds if I won't drink something soon.

4. You Primary weapon, melee weapon ( you can have both equipped at same time ) and four of "quick slots" in your backpack. Quick slots are accessible by pressing keys 3,4,5,6 ( default layout ). You can equip any item that can be used on yourself or other players.

5. If you have firearm equipped it'll show how many bullets left in magazine, how many magazines you have, and what current fire mode is ( can be semi auto, 3 burts, full auto - some weapons just have one mode, some have different modes ).

As you can see I'm playing in Hardcore mode so there're now crosshairs on the screen.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
DayZ sucks but this looks like it's doing what DayZ should be doing.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I recommend you watch this video before you watch the one below. Frankie spells things out pretty well. Also check out his channel, he releases some amazing videos and puts a lot of effort into them.

Looks shit but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt because it's an alpha-stage game.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-09-02 21:49:11)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
http://www.rhinocrunch.com/forum/genera … about-warz

WarZ is a direct port over from War Inc. They literally took the game and added NPCs, made a large map, and changed around camera angles and gun settings while adding more functionality and switching over some things. ALL ART however was actually done in-house by their amazing ART team. (Those were the best guys to know, they were in touch more with the community than Kewk)

They randomly ban accounts that have a certain amount of time spent playing in-game, knowing they are hooked on the game so they re-buy the game.

Their anti-hack is actually functional but here's the kicker..wanna know WHY their bans are TEMPORARY the first time around? 0.8% hacking? Try an EXTREMELY LARGE PORTION of the player base is hacking. If they banned everyone they'd have a mass refund issue on their hands, and no one to play their piss poor of an excuse game.

they plan to HALT DEVELOPMENT AND ABANDON THE GAME in SIX months if revenue is not enough for them (I.E. People are not buying GC and spending the fuck out of it) -- take note, if they do not get ENOUGH revenue. They will have enough revenue to pay for the game development for over a year at this point in time already, but if they don't get enough to give themselves regular raises they will stop making the game and shut down the servers and website.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Read alot of the posts on their facebook page. It looks like a scam.

http://www.facebook.com/warzmmo?ref=ts&fref=ts

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard