m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6684|UK
its just mma talk.  Admittedly mac's obession with people fighting is odd, but MMA is a art and for that matter jiu jitsu is pure sex.

Now mac buy a kimono and put your fists where your mouf is son.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4267
no, MMA is not an 'art'. it's a sport, maybe. sculpture is an art. two dudes in a pretentiously shaped ring is not an 'art'.

this common tack of calling everything that requires training or dedication an 'art' is fucking inane. is crocheting an art? what about skimming stones? it confuses me why people always aspire to call something an 'art', even when they're normally the sort of people that hate art. why do you constantly want to validate what you do by calling it an 'artform'? it's a fucking sport, jesus. dribbling a ball is not an art. punching someone is not an art.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2013-01-05 08:36:29)

Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5556|Toronto

aynrandroolz wrote:

no, MMA is not an 'art'. it's a sport, maybe. sculpture is an art. two dudes in a pretentiously shaped ring is not an 'art'.

this common tack of calling everything that requires training or dedication an 'art' is fucking inane. is crocheting an art? what about skimming stones? it confuses me why people always aspire to call something an 'art', even when they're normally the sort of people that hate art. why do you constantly want to validate what you do by calling it an 'artform'? it's a fucking sport, jesus. dribbling a ball is not an art. punching someone is not an art.
Case made. We should take the blood from the ring and paint pictures of the fighters post-fight.

Set the gallery opening sometime next week.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

A barricaded gunman and three people were found dead in an Aurora, Colorado, home after police exchanged fire with the gunman to end a standoff Saturday, authorities said.

A woman earlier escaped uninjured from the home and told police she saw three apparently lifeless people inside, authorities said. She said the man was firing shots inside the residence before 3 a.m., police said.

During a subsequent standoff, the gunman behaved "very irrationally," hung up the phone on negotiators, and ignored bullhorn commands to exit the premises, authorities said. Tear gas did not faze him, they added.

"The male was given multiple commands to come out of the house both on the phone and from a bullhorn outside. He did not comply," Sgt. Cassidee Carlson said in a statement.

Five hours into the incident, a SWAT team in an armored vehicle broke out a house window, and the gunman fired upon the vehicle, without injury to the officers, police said.

Police didn't return fire at the time.

An hour later, the gunman fired upon officers from a second-floor window, but this time, police returned fire, striking the suspect, authorities said.

No officers were injured.

Police entered the residence and found the gunman dead in the upstairs bedroom, authorities said.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/05/justice/c … ?hpt=hp_t1
Tides goes in. Tides goes out. Never a miscommunication.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-01-05 21:00:41)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6787|Noizyland

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Ty wrote:

The interesting part is that the western nations with the highest amount of private gun ownership per capita, (USA and Switzerland,) are also the two counties where most people get killed and injured by guns.
BULL

SHIT

I lived in Switzerland twelve years and I can only recall 3 shootings. Know how many shootings I've seen in the U.S. over the twelve years I lived there? This is a perfect example of why gun control isn't the problem. It's the society/s mindset and the U.S. has a messed up one at that. People were so much less violent in Switzerland and everybody I knew had a gun somewhere.

I'd never feel the need to carry a gun in Switzerland. My dad had a Glock 26 in his car but he had loaded guns everywhere it was ridiculous. Anyway yeah I don't feel as safe in the U.S. as I did in Switzerland.
How about you look it up before calling bullshit. My parents lived in Switzerland for years, my sister was born there, that doesn't mean because they weren't shot or because they didn't experience a lot of gun violence that there isn't any. Look at the chart on Wikipedia. While the top firearm related death countries are places like El Salvador and Columbia and the like while places like South Africa have some very serious crime problems, Switzerland is notable by its inclusion due to it's peace, prosperity and political stability. I should have been clearer and less sensationalist but my point still stands. Have a chart:

https://www.kdnuggets.com/images/gun-deaths-vs-gun-ownership-large-gdp.jpg

Why is it Switzerland that's up there like that? You can't say bullshit to that I'm afraid.

You're right though there is a different mentality and mindset in Switzerland, the gun culture is different. They are much more relaxed, they are less likely to see a gun as a solution to every problem. And it definitely has an impact on the numbers, and a positive one at that. For example much of the gun fatality incidents come from suicides, (still not a good thing but better that than homicides,) while there's not really much issue with people going on killing sprees. But there is still a spike in gun violence and it correlates with the amount of privately owned firearms.

That's why I said it was interesting, you wouldn't think a small, neutral, and overall peaceful country like Switzerland would have any notable problem with firearm violence. Maybe not even a problem as such, but why does Switzerland come in above all these others or among countries with political or criminal problems? That's the interesting part. And it seems to come down to gun ownership and availability.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
jord
+2,382|6691|The North, beyond the wall.

Macbeth wrote:

A barricaded gunman and three people were found dead in an Aurora, Colorado, home after police exchanged fire with the gunman to end a standoff Saturday, authorities said.

A woman earlier escaped uninjured from the home and told police she saw three apparently lifeless people inside, authorities said. She said the man was firing shots inside the residence before 3 a.m., police said.

During a subsequent standoff, the gunman behaved "very irrationally," hung up the phone on negotiators, and ignored bullhorn commands to exit the premises, authorities said. Tear gas did not faze him, they added.

"The male was given multiple commands to come out of the house both on the phone and from a bullhorn outside. He did not comply," Sgt. Cassidee Carlson said in a statement.

Five hours into the incident, a SWAT team in an armored vehicle broke out a house window, and the gunman fired upon the vehicle, without injury to the officers, police said.

Police didn't return fire at the time.

An hour later, the gunman fired upon officers from a second-floor window, but this time, police returned fire, striking the suspect, authorities said.

No officers were injured.

Police entered the residence and found the gunman dead in the upstairs bedroom, authorities said.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/05/justice/c … ?hpt=hp_t1
Tides goes in. Tides goes out. Never a miscommunication.
police said
authorities said
police said
authorities said

that was an annoying article to read.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6729

pretty good video
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6727|US
Some interesting points.  I will say that the reporting standards for violent crimes between the UK and US are different, which adds another layer of complexity to comparisons.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6694|Disaster Free Zone
186 metropolitan areas in the US
32 in the UK

ratio of metropolitan areas to population = roughly the fucking same...
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6727|US

DrunkFace wrote:

186 metropolitan areas in the US
32 in the UK

ratio of metropolitan areas to population = roughly the fucking same...
Yeah, I noticed that too. 

Des Moines, Iowa and Chicago both qualify as metropolitan areas.  Des Moines has a murder rate of 3.1/100k to Chicago's 16.4/100k (2006 data, http://coloradosprings.areaconnect.com/ … &s2=IL)  Even when you get specific to "metropolitan areas," there are still some major differences.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

"A robber shot dead three employees of a private security firm and wounded another one in Karavan shopping mall in Kyiv on Wednesday afternoon, Interfax-Ukraine learnt at Kyiv police department. According to preliminary information, one of the security guards saw a visitor stealing a USB flash drive from a glass case. The guard asked the man to go to the back room, where other guards were waiting. In the room the man pulled out a gun and started shooting, killing three security guards on the spot and seriously wounding the fourth one. The attacker then fled the scene."
There exist a video of this online. The guy in the video is actually smaller than all of the people he killed. I doubt this guy is Jason Bourne and could have killed those 3 people without a handgun.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6635|Little Bentcock
Is that the one where they are cramped into that tiny room? About 6 months ago?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

Yup.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6635|Little Bentcock
I dunno man, he seemed to know what he was doing. You never know with them eastern bloc countries, they are all hit men.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6012|Vortex Ring State

Macbeth wrote:

"A robber shot dead three employees of a private security firm and wounded another one in Karavan shopping mall in Kyiv on Wednesday afternoon, Interfax-Ukraine learnt at Kyiv police department. According to preliminary information, one of the security guards saw a visitor stealing a USB flash drive from a glass case. The guard asked the man to go to the back room, where other guards were waiting. In the room the man pulled out a gun and started shooting, killing three security guards on the spot and seriously wounding the fourth one. The attacker then fled the scene."
There exist a video of this online. The guy in the video is actually smaller than all of the people he killed. I doubt this guy is Jason Bourne and could have killed those 3 people without a handgun.
fuck I know someone in Kyiv

apparently there's been a shooting at taft high school, it's deveoping

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/t … 86012.html
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6750|Oxferd Ohire
wrong thread m8 it doesnt count if no one died
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5609|Vacationland
It's a mass shooting thread, not a mass killing thread
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

The 16-year-old suspect – a student who missed the start of his first class Thursday morning – walked into school in the middle of first period, walked into class and shot a 16-year-old fellow student with a 12-gauge shotgun, Kern County Sheriff Don Youngblood told reporters moments ago.
Sounds like something a rapper would call themselves
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

the cost of freedom
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6012|Vortex Ring State
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Multip … 15451.html

Lone Star College near Houston was placed on lockdown Tuesday after an on-campus shooting injured three people, the school says.

According to the school, the shooting took place at about 12:30 p.m. at the community college's North Harris campus located at 2700 W. W. Thorne Drive west of Bush Intercontinental Airport.

Students at the school told KPRC-TV in Houston that two or three people were involved in a dispute inside the library and that soon after they began shooting at each other.

Three people were reportedly shot in the altercation. Their conditions are not known but the wounds are believed to be superficial.  A fourth person related to the shooting, though not a shooting victim, may have been transported to an area hospital, KPRC said.

Constables told KPRC that one person has been detained. Shortly after 2 p.m., the school said the situation was under control and that the danger had passed, though a search for a second person may still be under way.

Earlier in the afternoon, the school posted messages on their website that said the campus was locked down and that students were advised to shelter in place. That message was followed by another that said the campus was being evacuated and eventually that the campus was closed for the remainder of the day.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

Macbeth wrote:

the cost of freedom
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6645|949

Sounds like a good old fashioned duel.  God bless Texas!  My only question is why there wasn't someone with a CCW permit to roll in and neutralize the threat like a scene out of a John Woo movie.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6235|Escea

You'll need some doves to go with that CCW for a full on John Woo.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6727|US

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Sounds like a good old fashioned duel.  God bless Texas!  My only question is why there wasn't someone with a CCW permit to roll in and neutralize the threat like a scene out of a John Woo movie.
Probably another "gun free zone."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard