I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6180|Roma
Last night was also pretty good. But now I'm leaving Girona for the last time

Apart from going back for visits..
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6706|Riva, MD
My friend's laptop stopped booting all the way so I'm reinstalling 7 for him for $30, I could charge more but I would feel like a dick
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6660|UK
maybe you should do it for free?.....you don't charge friends especially something as trivial as reinstalling windows, all you're doing is typing a few words and clicking the mouse.

edit: yes i have reinstalled windows for friends, the thought of charging them for it never entered my head.

Last edited by m3thod (2012-08-09 16:03:05)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5248|foggy bottom
charge him more to teach a lesson
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5691|College Park, MD
got new sunglasses
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5248|foggy bottom
new to you
Tu Stultus Es
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6486

m3thod wrote:

edit: yes i have reinstalled windows for friends, the thought of charging them for it never entered my head.
fuck you, if they were friends indeed they would have offered to buy you a beer or something - friends value your time, users expect technical support, that's why they*re users.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6706|Riva, MD

m3thod wrote:

maybe you should do it for free?.....you don't charge friends especially something as trivial as reinstalling windows, all you're doing is typing a few words and clicking the mouse.

They know how I don't have any other income and I do good work.  It's not so much just reinstalling Windows, I back everything up, give them 7 Ultimate unless they specifically request XP, update it all, install a few of their simple programs like Firefox and Office, and then load everything back on and organize it.  It's not exactly a quick job the way I do it either, they need the service, I need the money and I've only ever heard praise when I'm done with it
eleven bravo
+1,399|5248|foggy bottom

m3thod wrote:

there some hindus who run a store not to far from me who always try hustling me for 50 cents here and there
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5248|foggy bottom
its what you people do
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5248|foggy bottom
and technical support
Tu Stultus Es
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6728|Toronto | Canada

cant be a very good friend if youre charging him for that
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6705

13urnzz wrote:

m3thod wrote:

fuck you, if they were friends indeed they would have offered to buy you a beer or something - friends value your time, users expect technical support, that's why they*re users.
when i built my mates pc he brought the beer and i built the shit
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6660|UK
that apparently will still get you a "fuck you"
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5167|Sydney
Girlfriend gets in at 8, currently 5:40pm Friday... pretty excited
I could not find the software for my ancient slide scanner. After rejoicing for finding the software warez style I got a virus. AVG resident shield began to pop up every minute. Letters in red, ISSUES WITH WIN/32/SERVICES.EXE uh oh mission control we have a problem.
For the first time in my life it was an easy removal. With a simple google search i was led to here http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/webthreats … generic_c/  In the user comments an answer was there. First try. BOOM. it's gone. :DDD
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5025|Massachusetts, USA
300$ paint order infront of my bosses boss. Brownie poimts, fuck yeah.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5347|London, England

UnkleRukus wrote:

Do you guys charge extra to strip off old paint?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5025|Massachusetts, USA

Jay wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Do you guys charge extra to strip off old paint?
I just sell the paint, i dont do the labor. Although i would like to.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6706|Riva, MD

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

I could not find the software for my ancient slide scanner. After rejoicing for finding the software warez style I got a virus. AVG resident shield began to pop up every minute. Letters in red, ISSUES WITH WIN/32/SERVICES.EXE uh oh mission control we have a problem.
For the first time in my life it was an easy removal. With a simple google search i was led to here http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/webthreats … generic_c/  In the user comments an answer was there. First try. BOOM. it's gone. :DDD
I use Malwarebytes whenever I get a virus, you just update it and do a quick scan and it usually finds everything.  It doesn't run in the background though like a regular AV program.  And if the virus actually damaged anything, you can usually just do a system restore, that saved my ass twice yesterday.  The guy had a nasty virus on his hard drive as I was backing it up that deleted my task manager, system restore fixed that right up.  I'm glad it reliably works in Windows 7
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6212|Escea

Was five points short of a distinction for my coursework, but I'm pretty damn happy to get that close. Never thought in a million years I'd do as well as I did.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5498|America
Actually proposing to my girlfriend this Sunday. I can't chalk it up as a "good thing" yet, because she still has to answer , but I'm still pretty damn excited.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

lakers got dwight howard for a sammy sosa and a side of rice pilaf
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5347|London, England
NBA salary cap is a complete joke
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6486

Jay wrote:

NBA salary cap is a complete joke
innit

how are the jazz s'posed to compete with LA or NY?

ontopic, my wife went out with my nephew and her mother, leaving me with this nice strip steak, twelve pack and 10 yr. old highland malt.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard