uziq
+492|3441

Jaekus wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Sushisamba? I went there for a beer and the view. The beer was 7 quid.
to be fair it is ideal for tourists. no idea why people who live and work in london get a thrill out of places like that, though. i think they like to pretend they're part of the banking 1%. 'spectacle' restaurants are mostly stupid. never understood the urge to mix gustatory pleasure and fine dining with a themepark ride.
I did read some comments online about being refused entry for wrong shoes/cut of your jib/etc. but had no probs on a Friday arvo, and as a tourist it was pretty cool to see London from up high whilst sipping on the most expensive Asahi I've bought in my life. It did seem like the sort of place people-with-not-quite-enough-money-go-to-hopefully-feel-they're-rubbing-shoulders-with-those-who-do go to, though.
poor dauntless.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5346|London, England
Henry Anders born this morning at 10:07 AM EST. 8 lbs 11 oz, 20.5 inches
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6697|England. Stoke
Congrats.
But

Jay wrote:

20.5 inches
I have never seen anyone note that before.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

coke wrote:

Congrats.
But

Jay wrote:

20.5 inches
I have never seen anyone note that before.
Length is pretty standard here
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6094|eXtreme to the maX
A bit surprised you didn't name him Dilbert, but congrats anyway.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
Congrats I guess. You are deep into the family life now. Can't escape.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Never wanted to
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
Not yet.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6681
Made my first ever pizza today only guessing from distant memory the recipe for the dough. And it's pretty good. Nice crispy thin crust.
CC-Marley
+407|6817
Water, yeast, flour, sugar, salt, oil.....
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6681
No sugar, no yeast.

I used miso as the starter.

It's the proportions that I guessed at.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2017-02-05 12:48:36)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
American Express sent me a package in the mail saying I was approved for an American Express Platinum card. $450 annual membership fee. No thanks.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6620|949

my platinum amex is $195/year.  SUCKER!

I also get a free flight within the US every year, among other perks
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
Why is it cheaper for you?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6094|eXtreme to the maX
My Visa card has no annual fee
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6620|949

bc im a b0$$

probs different card offers.  Mine's an airline miles reward card.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6620|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

My Visa card has no annual fee
but dilbert, we are talking about amex. My visa card also has no annual fees.  Imagine that
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6670|Disaster Free Zone
Amex the card least accepted in all stores.  GJ
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6620|949

DrunkFace wrote:

Amex the card least accepted in all stores.  GJ
you really are a negative person. Is that supposed to make me feel bad about having an amex card?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
Every major store uses amex. Every online retailer too. Restaurants and bars are what you have to watch out for.

My debit card is with MasterCard so I am covered. I don't like using my debit at all though.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6620|949

I've never had anyone deny my amex card.  I've even used it overseas.

I don't really care, either.  I'm just questioning the intention behind sarcastically telling me good job on my choice of credit cards.  Drunkface seems like a miserable person if he feels the need to be negative about something as trivial as what kind of credit card I have.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6731|London

yeh amex is accepted at like 95% of places i go to both in the UK and US

and they're definitely worth the annual fee if you travel or use the rewards, i've got over £1000 back on my credit card and almost 300,000 points on my charge card not to mention the discounts they have on at various places
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
uziq
+492|3441
i got a new job (and an effective promotion), i'm moving sectors within publishing for the next year or so. crossing over to academic journal publishing and working for one of the uk's main scientific professional bodies (hence the bump in pay).

going to free up some headspace for my own writing and research, not be so close to non-fiction and other peoples' work, and use the pay increase to move to a new city.

hopefully in the next 6 months will be living with my shawty from nyc.

Last edited by uziq (2017-02-10 12:50:46)

Pocshy2.0
+23|3359
Nice! Does the job require that you live in a particular city, or can you work remotely?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6673|United States of America
Grats.

Secondly, out of genuine curiousity, what sort of writing and research do you do, exactly? The closest relationships I have to people in a vaguely creative/publishing sort of field are involved on a like quasi-marketing level, so it is truly an area in which I have astounding ignorance.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard