OctoPoster
+978|6739|OctoLand
Beach volleyball ftw
I know fucking karate
Frank Reynolds
+65|4327

justice wrote:

Beach volleyball ftw
beach my ass.  looks like a sand trap in scotland.
What are you looking at dicknose
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney
4th for Aussie men's 100m relay
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Yeah, incredible the media attention that's on that. About 5% of focus on the gold, silver and bronze earned so far in the pool and the rest on James Magnussen failing to perform. It's probably the wake-up call he needs anyway, he's a young bloke and after his past successes he probably thought it'd be a walk in the park.

Hoping Leisel Jones gets a medal so she can wallop a few cunts on the head with it.

Also, I wanted more coverage on the women's hockey result. I thought that was pretty good.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
Australia not doing bad in the heats of the swimming, but they're killing it in the rowing.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
If Australia didn't make such a big thing about it they wouldn't look so dumb.

The interviews were funny:

"So it seems you didn't win Gold like you're supposed to"
"Wuh wuh wuh wuh wuh wuh wuh wuh wuh"
"Or any other medal"
"And got beaten by the French"
"What were you thinking?"

Its a game, the future of the nation doesn't depend on it, luckily - considering they sucked into 4th place.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS

Ty wrote:

Yeah, incredible the media attention that's on that. About 5% of focus on the gold, silver and bronze earned so far in the pool and the rest on James Magnussen failing to perform. It's probably the wake-up call he needs anyway, he's a young bloke and after his past successes he probably thought it'd be a walk in the park.

Hoping Leisel Jones gets a medal so she can wallop a few cunts on the head with it.

Also, I wanted more coverage on the women's hockey result. I thought that was pretty good.
It's kind of funny how everyone is focussing on Magnussen. It's not as if the relay team has three other members or anything...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
I think swimming two seconds behind his PB is something no one expected.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
Slalom canoeing? Really?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Intense table tennis was interrupted for dressage. Fuck you NBC.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
nbc interrupts everything
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Well the channel that broadcasts the Olympics here thought it would be a really good time to change their digital signal and now it's shit and constantly breaking up. I live in the centre of the nation's capital city and they can't provide a decent service. Yay NZ infrastructure.

NZ womens quad sculls rowing team were doing so well. Last in first 500m, 4th at 1000m, 3rd at 1500m, putting on a big sprint finish, drawing in the front two boats and then bam, an oar snaps. Have to limp home dead last. Watched the men's quad sculls as well and I think the US team suffered an equipment problem too, early on they dropped back considerably and spent the rest of the race catching up. They almost did too but the Swiss just edged them out. NZ team won that one.

Keeping an eye on the three-day eventing too. Mark Todd is an exceptional horseman, he would be in medal contention on a dairy cow.

Edit: Oh for fuck's sake Australia, get over yourself. Started at work and hearing the Olympic coverage. "Heartbreak for Australia at the Olympic Games". Why? Oh because Emily Seebohm only won silver. Why do you hate your athletes Australia? They do their absolute best and the media just rubs it in when someone else does better. Seebohm is an exceptional athlete and silver is an exceptional achievement. No doubt she is disappointed that she couldn't quite make the gold so why on earth is it productive to start calling her effort 'heartbreaking'? Heartbreaking is the aforementioned NZ quad sculls team who were knocked out in the heats due to an equipment failure. Heartbreaking isn't being considered the favourite and coming second instead in a very tough field. Seebohm may be disappointed she couldn't push herself that bit further, she has the right to be. The media on the other hand has no right to weight down an great achievement by dragging her through the dirt.

Christ, the Olympics is meant to be about the competition anyway not the result.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
Not familiar with the Australian sports media, I take it?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

I've been working in the Australian media for over two years, believe me I know. Exposure to it doesn't make it any less stupid.

John Birmingham in the National Times wrote an opinion piece on it, calling Australia an obese, unfit nation that's too quick to judge.

"We’re quick to judge Liesel Jones, who could probably swim two or three laps of an Olympic pool in the time it took us to drag our fish-white, beer-bloated carcasses across the width of an inflatable kiddy pool, even when motivated by the lure of getting to a soggy packet of Kettle chips on the other side before the dog gets its thieving snout in there."
[Blinking eyes thing]
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
haha birmo is great
~ Richard Feynman
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK
US not dominating in the pool is a bit of a suprise.  Locte being spanked by a frenchie and phelps has taken too many bong hits.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6322|New Haven, CT
gymnastics is so stupid
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Australian media is bloody tiring.

"Now the News: First we're going to report how many GOLD MEDALS Australia has won and how more athletes are going to win GOLD MEDALS to add to their colllection of GOLD MEDALS then we'll interview an athlete with his GOLD MEDALS talking about how great it is to win GOLD MEDALS sand how he's gutted he didn't win more GOLD MEDALS no wait we're interrupting this to go live to the swimming where Australia is going to win GOLD MEDALS because we always win GOLD MEDALS and no-one else ever wins GOLD MEDALS because the GOLD MEDALS are rightfully ours and no-one else is allowed to win the GOLD MEDALS because the team have all said they're going to win GOLD MEDALS ands they've been working towards GOLD MEDALS all year and their coach has said GOLD MEDALS are their priority and Australia always wns GOLD MEDALS and always will win GOLD MEDALS"
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
I just fucking hate how they show swimming swimming swimming swimming and hardly anything else, unless an Australian might (not) win a medal. Show me one of the many sports which I never, ever get to see outside the Olympics, cunts. Like handball.

Last edited by Spark (2012-07-31 04:03:14)

~ Richard Feynman
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
spark

expatshield

then just use bbc iplayer. they stream every sport.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
Or get foxtel
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I have Foxtel, to be fair they're showing a ton of stuff no other network would ever show.

iQ is loaded with archery, fencing, skeet, rifle/pistol shooting etc.

But the mainstream media - swimmers crying get more time than all the other sports put together.
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
Yeah mainstream sucks for sports.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
b
b
c
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS

Dilbert_X wrote:

I have Foxtel, to be fair they're showing a ton of stuff no other network would ever show.

iQ is loaded with archery, fencing, skeet, rifle/pistol shooting etc.

But the mainstream media - swimmers crying get more time than all the other sports put together.
i'll say. they're STILL going on about fucking magnussen. for fuck's sake show some sport.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard