Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney

rdx-fx wrote:

The athletes won their medals.
With their own insane training schedules, their own genetics, and their own doping doctors (in some cases).

Fellow countrymen watching at home had fuckall to do with it.
Really don't understand why people get all worked up over athletes they don't know, and who's name they will have forgotten in a month, that just happen to share a similar looking passport.
Unless you were there, at 3:30am, every day for the last 4 years, holding a stopwatch for that athlete - what difference does it make which country they're from?

It's the Olympics.
Admire the athletes who are outstanding performers, even in the company of the worlds best.
I totally agree. These are the elite of the elite. It does not matter where they come from. It is simply amazing to see what humans are capable of.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

When hasn't the Olympics been a nationalistic circle jerk?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Every 4 years the USA holds this competition to remind everyone that USA rules the world and anyone not from USA is sub-human.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
win olympics and land on mars
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

Jaekus wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

With their own insane training schedules, their own genetics, and their own doping doctors (in some cases).

Really don't understand why people get all worked up over athletes they don't know, and who's name they will have forgotten in a month, that just happen to share a similar looking passport.
Unless you were there, at 3:30am, every day for the last 4 years, holding a stopwatch for that athlete - what difference does it make which country they're from?

It's the Olympics.
Admire the athletes who are outstanding performers, even in the company of the worlds best.
I totally agree. These are the elite of the elite. It does not matter where they come from. It is simply amazing to see what humans are capable of.
To a certain extent, yet.  But their training and equipment is quite often heavily funded by the government, so in a sense it is the nation's athletes.  Maybe less so for some sports, but look at what Michael Phelps gets...

I know I've trained with 2 athletes at this Olympics so I'm going to claim I helped them get there by pushing them at practice

mtb0minime wrote:

Every 4 years the USA holds this competition to remind everyone that USA rules the world and anyone not from USA is sub-human.
We won the last Olympics

Last edited by Winston_Churchill (2012-08-14 12:50:58)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

every four years - that would mean he's referencing only the summer olympics.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

true, but the winter olympics are more interesting anyway
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

rdx-fx wrote:

It's the Olympics.
I agree. They should end the whole nationalistic bullshit that goes with the olympics.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Winston_Churchill wrote:

That's because you live here:
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Mfb3cAXUoQA/Tyrwr3-kiUI/AAAAAAAAAf0/8jdgQ1JLy_E/s1600/frozen_hell.jpg
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Toronto? Hardly, its been hitting 30-40C almost all summer
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Toronto? Hardly, its been hitting 30-40C almost all summer
Shutup, there is at least a foot of snow on the ground year round. I bet you have a pet moose, you maniac.
-Frederick Bastiat
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Winter olympics don't count. Only Olympics that count are when USA wins. USA wins all Olympics. USA ruler of Earth. Pledge allegiance or be destroyed.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

Winston_Churchill wrote:

they are more interesting, but that's like saying watching paint dry is more interesting than watching dust settle.  I do not get the infatuation with the Olympics at all from a viewership standpoint. I also think it's funny to hear people discussing the nuances of pole vaulting or hurdling in general conversation during the olympics.  Watching 95% of the competition is fucking bizarre to me too.  Especially womens gymnastics - shit is weird.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Badminton and ping-pong are fun to watch for a few min
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

they are more interesting, but that's like saying watching paint dry is more interesting than watching dust settle.  I do not get the infatuation with the Olympics at all from a viewership standpoint. I also think it's funny to hear people discussing the nuances of pole vaulting or hurdling in general conversation during the olympics.  Watching 95% of the competition is fucking bizarre to me too.  Especially womens gymnastics - shit is weird.
i think its fun watching the hockey, snowboarding, ski jumping and a bunch of others. i didnt even really watch much this olympics
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I think with a lot of the games, especially the summer games, people can say 'hey, I can do that too!', especially with a lot of the more obscure events. With the winter olympics all you really have is curling, which is why it becomes such a cult favorite.
-Frederick Bastiat
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

there was no baseball in this olympics because usa felt bad no one else could play it but we still win all the golds anway so
Frank Reynolds
+65|4300

Jaekus wrote:

Frank Reynolds wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

No one wins the Olympics
yes you do.  what a stupid thing to say.
Really? Where's the winning team's trophy presentation then? huh?
dont keep score then ffs
What are you looking at dicknose
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

mtb0minime wrote:

there was no baseball in this olympics because usa felt bad no one else could play it but we still win all the golds anway so
it would just be like North and south america and japan playing

noone else really cares about baseball
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
europe doesnt care so they got rid of it

cunts
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK

Frank Reynolds wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Frank Reynolds wrote:

yes you do.  what a stupid thing to say.
Really? Where's the winning team's trophy presentation then? huh?
dont keep score then ffs
medal tally =/= score
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

RTHKI wrote:

cunts
They got rid of it because MLB wouldn't agree to stop the season midway and allow their hundred million dollar athletes to participate.
-Frederick Bastiat
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK

RTHKI wrote:

cunts
its not like the US were any good at olympic baseball anyway.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

also baseball is boring and unathletic as fuck
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Then again they're introducing golf as an Olympic sport in 2016...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard