m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK

RTHKI wrote:

prove it
A bomb didn't go off like in the last one hosted by the us, which was incidentally the worst organised and hosted Olympics in living memory.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
:L

welp you proved it
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6572

Frank Reynolds
+65|4329

m3thod wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

prove it
A bomb didn't go off like in the last one hosted by the us, which was incidentally the worst organised and hosted Olympics in living memory.
meh id rather not have a missile launcher on top of my house just for some boring games.
What are you looking at dicknose
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke

Frank Reynolds wrote:

m3thod wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

prove it
meh id rather not have a missile launcher on top of my house just for some boring games.
Must prefer terrorist attacks then.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
idk like they really deterred anyone
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012 … old-doping

from the pic i thought it was a dude
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Meffid's jealous the US got a shit ton of medals, mostly gold
Frank Reynolds
+65|4329

coke wrote:

Frank Reynolds wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Must prefer terrorist attacks then.
from who the iranian luftwaffles?
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK
what osama bin laden fav football team? the NY Jets.  9/11 neva forget.

https://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/religioustoys/maxmatahari_jihad.jpg
Frank Reynolds
+65|4329
its a good thing they kept a close eye on your cousins
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK
glad to have refreshed your laughable short memory my shon.
Frank Reynolds
+65|4329
allahs snackbar!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Yeah boii, NZ gets it's sixth gold and Val Adams defends her Beijing Gold. I knew there was something strange about that Belarussian, no one looks like that by choice.

Still it's still pretty sad that while the Belarussian didn't get away with the gold she still stole Val's moment. Second Olympics in a row an NZ athlete has had a medal upgrade, last time Nick Willis had his 1500m bronze upgraded to silver.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin
Good Olympics this year, considering we "won" by having the most medals. Makes a ton up for Beijing(fuck you China).

Last edited by War Man (2012-08-14 00:30:14)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
Shouldnt talk to the people who own your country like that.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
it never ceases to amaze me that war mans actually populate this planet
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6389
https://i.imgur.com/MwuQ9.jpg
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Frank Reynolds
+65|4329

Jaekus wrote:

No one wins the Olympics
yes you do.  what a stupid thing to say.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
Thanks for representing us white-folk Deron and Kevin!
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK

Frank Reynolds wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

No one wins the Olympics
Its okay, we understand, it natural instinct for a farther to defend his retarded son.

First off, there is no winner of the Olympics since the Olympic committee does not award countries based on medal count in any way shape or form. That does not however, mean that they don't keep count. The Olympics do keep track of the medal count and according to that the country with the most gold medals would be in first place unless two countries were tied with the same amount of gold medals in which case silver medals would be the tie breaker. If two or more countries have the same amount of gold and silver medals then they would look to the country with the most bronze medals. The Olympic committee states that it is frowned upon to compare medal counts because of the differences in populations and resources. Also, the committee believes that nobody should be ashamed whether they medal at all because of the fact that no matter where you finish you are still one of the most elite athletes in the whole world. However, I doubt that's really how they view it considering that if you did look at it like that then there would be no reason to keep track. Especially keepin track and constantly informing viewers by running it through the ticker across the bottom of their screen. The committee knows very well that keeping track of the medal count raises ratings by giving countries a storyline to entertain them outside of the actual events. It is my opinion that it is just a matter of time before they actually award the top three countries with a gold, silver and bronze medal respectively for overall medal count. If they do ever do that, then population at least, should be taken into consideration
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6389
Sounds like not keeping score in youth sports. Someone still won, they just don't announce it.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Frank Reynolds
+65|4329

m3thod wrote:

Frank Reynolds wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

No one wins the Olympics
Its okay, we understand, it natural instinct for a farther to defend his retarded son.

First off, there is no winner of the Olympics since the Olympic committee does not award countries based on medal count in any way shape or form. That does not however, mean that they don't keep count. The Olympics do keep track of the medal count and according to that the country with the most gold medals would be in first place unless two countries were tied with the same amount of gold medals in which case silver medals would be the tie breaker. If two or more countries have the same amount of gold and silver medals then they would look to the country with the most bronze medals. The Olympic committee states that it is frowned upon to compare medal counts because of the differences in populations and resources. Also, the committee believes that nobody should be ashamed whether they medal at all because of the fact that no matter where you finish you are still one of the most elite athletes in the whole world. However, I doubt that's really how they view it considering that if you did look at it like that then there would be no reason to keep track. Especially keepin track and constantly informing viewers by running it through the ticker across the bottom of their screen. The committee knows very well that keeping track of the medal count raises ratings by giving countries a storyline to entertain them outside of the actual events. It is my opinion that it is just a matter of time before they actually award the top three countries with a gold, silver and bronze medal respectively for overall medal count. If they do ever do that, then population at least, should be taken into consideration
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney

Frank Reynolds wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

No one wins the Olympics
Really? Where's the winning team's trophy presentation then? huh?
rdx-fx
+955|6591
The athletes won their medals.
With their own insane training schedules, their own genetics, and their own doping doctors (in some cases).

Fellow countrymen watching at home had fuckall to do with it.
Really don't understand why people get all worked up over athletes they don't know, and who's name they will have forgotten in a month, that just happen to share a similar looking passport.
Unless you were there, at 3:30am, every day for the last 4 years, holding a stopwatch for that athlete - what difference does it make which country they're from?

It's the Olympics.
Admire the athletes who are outstanding performers, even in the company of the worlds best.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard