mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

Brink for 5 is tempting, but one step into the forums set me straight. Apparently it's a dead buggy mess. No matter how often it goes on sale.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4965|Dundee, Scotland.

Macbeth wrote:

Camm wrote:

Finray wrote:

It's kinda sad. I downloaded Anno 2070 when it came out, but it was a dodgy torrent and didn't work 100%. Now it's for sale on Steam at a price I would genuinely pay, but I'm not going to buy it because of the 3-install DRM.
And this is why people torrent.
No, you are just thieves.
3 stage drm? That's just unnecessary bullshit. It's the same as ubisoft's always-on Internet drm. It's just bullshit. You pay £30 or £40 and you have to always be connected to the Internet to use it?

Can you imagine buying a single player game for the Xbox or ps3 and it requires an Internet connection to play?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

You are not entitled to the game
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Macbeth wrote:

You are not entitled to the game
If you buy it you are.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

But you didn't buy it.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

mtb0minime wrote:

But you didn't buy it.
Yeah but what I'm saying is if you buy the game, and drm stops you from being able to play it, then you've bought a game you're entitled to play, but can't.

I'm not endorsing piracy, I'm just giving reasons and arguments why it's done.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

Pay for it and then torrent it.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black

Camm wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Camm wrote:

And this is why people torrent.
No, you are just thieves.
3 stage drm? That's just unnecessary bullshit. It's the same as ubisoft's always-on Internet drm. It's just bullshit. You pay £30 or £40 and you have to always be connected to the Internet to use it?

Can you imagine buying a single player game for the Xbox or ps3 and it requires an Internet connection to play?
Well first off, it's not 3-stage, it's 3 installs per purchase of the game. And it's made by Ubisoft, and has the always-on internet DRM.

Macbeth, the simple fact of the matter is this: they've lost a sale because of their intrusive DRM. And it's not just me, this game had record-low sales for the ANNO series because of the DRM. Nobody wanted to buy a game they could only install 3 times, and had to be connected to the internet to play. It's completely bullshit, and doesn't even fend off piracy. The cracks are out now, and work perfectly, yet the purchasing user is still being fucked over.

This is what it boils down to;

People who pay have to be connected to the internet, and can only install 3 times.
People who don't pay can play whenever, and can have unlimited installs.

Don't you think that's a bad business model?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

I'm starting to get annoyed un13 style. Added some DLC stuff to my cart, remove whatever's there that says I already have it, go to purchase, "Your purchase could not be completed because it looks like you already own one of the games you are trying to buy. Please check your account and your cart to verify you are buying an item you do not already own.", check cart, nothing there that says I already have it, check the list of DLC from the games in my library, nothing in that list that's in my cart.

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5962|London, England

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5747|شمال
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria
Having additional 3rd-party DRM systems and limited installations on a DRM-protected distribution platform like Steam is utterly redundant and only annoys people.

For retail copies on discs, a one-time key-based activation system is enough for protecting the multiplayer part of a game.
And with a basic copy protection you can discourage the average, non-informed persons from making a copy.
Everything else is futile and just a waste of money, as every copy protection can and will be cracked.
It just annoys paying customers if it fucks up.

Those limited installations is just a move of publisher to reduce reselling of used games.
There is simply no serious argument for something like that, as it does nothing to prevent or hinder piracy.

I'm looking forward to this new EU law that allows customers to resell their used software, even if it's only distributed digitally.
I wonder how this will affect "subscription" services like Steam.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

Charges haven't gone onto my credit card yet. This will be fun when they do.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6771|Noizyland

Hey at the moment there is four games up on the Flash Sales list but one is blank with a "Sorry this game is not available in your region" stamp. Anyone from a country that's not NZ or Aus tell me what it is? I want to know what I'm missing out on.

The sames up at the moment are:
Civ 5
Pendulo Studios Adventure Pack
Europa Universalis III
[blank]
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

Have you tried refreshing a bunch? I've seen that message before and it's because their servers kinda suck during these times. Anyways, the 4 are: Civilization V, Dungeon Siege III, Europa Universalis III, Pendulo Studios Adventure Pack

Pendulo Studios Adventure Pack. WTF is Pendulo Studios Adventure Pack.
https://i.minus.com/iQRhDxp4KZYmM.gif
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

mtb0minime wrote:

I'm starting to get annoyed un13 style. Added some DLC stuff to my cart, remove whatever's there that says I already have it, go to purchase, "Your purchase could not be completed because it looks like you already own one of the games you are trying to buy. Please check your account and your cart to verify you are buying an item you do not already own.", check cart, nothing there that says I already have it, check the list of DLC from the games in my library, nothing in that list that's in my cart.

only now, at the end, do you understand
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6771|Noizyland

mtb0minime wrote:

Have you tried refreshing a bunch? I've seen that message before and it's because their servers kinda suck during these times. Anyways, the 4 are: Civilization V, Dungeon Siege III, Europa Universalis III, Pendulo Studios Adventure Pack
Ta. I assumed, (justifiably mind you,) that stupid Australian classification policy had prevented Steam from selling the game in Australasia.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

My vote on the poll just now went through on the first try. Darksided evil black magic.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

Picked up Civ V for $7.49

Only thing I've bought so far.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6470|6 6 4 oh, I forget

GTA IV for 7,49€. I think I'm gonna get it.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

I'm tempted to get the Double Fine bundle. Some apparently good games.

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Only $5 here I'd say worth it, but just barely. It's very boring for a GTA game.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2012-07-17 11:09:39)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6470|6 6 4 oh, I forget

mtb0minime wrote:

I'm tempted to get the Double Fine bundle. Some apparently good games.

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Only $5 here I'd say worth it, but just barely. It's very boring for a GTA game.
I hate your location. Anyways, it's a great game for the upcoming LAN party we're having in september. Rally and/or shooting. What could be more fun?! (:
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

As I'm relatively new to Steam, I just spent almost $200 on Steam.

The vast majority on 75%+ purchases.

I'm just pissed that on Sunday, Steam wouldn't save any of my votes.  I want a fully built treehouse!!!!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
it saves em but didnt always display as such
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

fingers crossed.

Anyone got the link to get the treehouse desktop backgrounds?  I got the first two, but didn't save the link.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard