1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|6019|Blue Mountain State

M.O.A.B wrote:

Haud on, one moment.

*Dons Bearsuit*

Alright. It'd make more sense to ban any weapon over a particular length, and not just barrel length, total length, unless you can prove you have a genuine need for something like a hunting rifle, and by that I mean one purpose built for hunting not something designed to blow away squaddies in quick succession. A weapon for personal defence should be a pistol or revolver at most, not a combat rifle.
Brilliant.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6757

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Haud on, one moment.

*Dons Bearsuit*

Alright. It'd make more sense to ban any weapon over a particular length, and not just barrel length, total length, unless you can prove you have a genuine need for something like a hunting rifle, and by that I mean one purpose built for hunting not something designed to blow away squaddies in quick succession. A weapon for personal defence should be a pistol or revolver at most, not a combat rifle.
Brilliant.

legally that AK is a pistol
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6812|PNW

That looks awful.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5514|Ventura, California

Cybargs wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

It also says mentions a well regulated militia.
Which is the army. But don't miss out the part where it states "the right of the people to bear arms, shall not be infringed"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YY5Rj4cQ50

edit: it's kinda hard to be the moral authority and being "above your enemy" when you suspend liberties, kinda like what churchill did to fascists in WW2. He's doing the exact same thing they would do if they were in power.
That's exactly which video I was going to show him. Thanks
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5626

the constitution is not a suicide pact -Lincoln
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5219|Sydney
People go on about the constitution like it is the bible.

Sometimes things that applied 200+ years ago don't apply today. It can/should be changed when required (just like the bible has been changed over time to suit the church). Of course great care and scrutiny needs to be exercised, but this goes without saying that any changes would require complete bipartisan support.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6672|949

Well we have the two foremost scholars of the constitution right in this thread! Shifty and cybargs, complete with references to penn and teller! You should propose changes to both of them.

I'm mad at myself for getting involved with this 'debate'.
Jaekus
+957|5219|Sydney
I'm not going to comment on the constitution itself as that's not my place (I lack significant knowledge about it). I'm just pointing out how some people behave towards it.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6750|England. Stoke

Jaekus wrote:

I'm not going to comment on the constitution itself as that's not my place (I lack significant knowledge about it).
You're ok dude, other people have that more than covered!
Jaekus
+957|5219|Sydney

coke wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I'm not going to comment on the constitution itself as that's not my place (I lack significant knowledge about it).
You're ok dude, other people have that more than covered!
*sigh* I know
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5626

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Well we have the two foremost scholars of the constitution right in this thread! Shifty and cybargs, complete with references to penn and teller!
Neither of them are American too. What are the odds of that?!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6672|949

Shifty are you a citizen? Permenant resident? Now you have me questioning whether or not you're even allowed to own a firearm. Cybargs, what's the legality of a non-citizen possessing a firearm?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
present
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5626

A rural Ohio school district will arm its janitors with handguns to protect students in the wake of last month's shooting at a Connecticut elementary school.

The school board has voted unanimously to have the four custodians at the district's nursery and main school begin carrying handguns, the Toledo Blade reports.

In a message to parents on the district's website, Superintendent Jamison Grime said the school board decided to arm staff in order to "substantially enhance and strengthen our security efforts."

The janitors - all men - will buy their own guns. Teachers and others with direct supervision of students will not be armed.

School board president Larry Martin said the district began looking into arming employees six months ago.
Of all the people who work at a school who you would want to arm why the janitors? They are janitors for a reason.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6750|England. Stoke

Macbeth wrote:

A rural Ohio school district will arm its janitors with handguns to protect students in the wake of last month's shooting at a Connecticut elementary school.

The school board has voted unanimously to have the four custodians at the district's nursery and main school begin carrying handguns, the Toledo Blade reports.

In a message to parents on the district's website, Superintendent Jamison Grime said the school board decided to arm staff in order to "substantially enhance and strengthen our security efforts."

The janitors - all men - will buy their own guns. Teachers and others with direct supervision of students will not be armed.

School board president Larry Martin said the district began looking into arming employees six months ago.
Of all the people who work at a school who you would want to arm why the janitors? They are janitors for a reason.
'Cus they are child molesters?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5584|Toronto

Macbeth wrote:

I can imagine a number of reasons they would be selected.
1.) have the most weapons training to begin with (the reason you can guess)
2.) easiest to blame if they try to shoot someone and it turns out they shouldn't have
3.) easiest to turn into a hero if they die...uh...in the line of duty?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6672|949

probably not a part of the teachers/schoolworkers union = easier to get the proposal signed off
not directly in contact with kids = easier to convince parents
no one suspects the Janitor!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6757

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Shifty are you a citizen? Permenant resident? Now you have me questioning whether or not you're even allowed to own a firearm. Cybargs, what's the legality of a non-citizen possessing a firearm?
If I were to move to the US, non-citizens can own firearms as long as they're a legal resident of a state for x period of time. In texas it's about 90 days. Just because someone is a non-citizen does not mean they are not afforded rights that are available to other americans. You don't see non-citizens not having the right to speech, due process, privacy correct?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6730|Tampa Bay Florida
Cybargs I love how I bothered to respond to you and you seem to have completely ignored what I said.

Is the 1934 law banning full auto weapons unconstitutional?

And yes, being hispanic in certain areas of this country can get you pulled over for looking like an illegal.  And being black can get you pulled over for looking black.  People's due process is violated all the time, if you know where to look.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-01-11 19:37:41)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I have a U.S. passport and a mini-14, baby that's all I need.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6812|PNW

Jaekus wrote:

People go on about the constitution like it is the bible.

Sometimes things that applied 200+ years ago don't apply today. It can/should be changed when required (just like the bible has been changed over time to suit the church). Of course great care and scrutiny needs to be exercised, but this goes without saying that any changes would require complete bipartisan support.
The bible being changed over time to suit the church was one of the factors in my leaving mine.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6538

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I have a U.S. passport and a mini-14, baby that's all I need.
i see that you will need some tissue to clean up the chin below the whitest teeth i've ever come across.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6812|PNW

Joe Walsh, Khorne berserker

http://nation.foxnews.com/joe-walsh/201 … r-freedoms

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6757

Spearhead wrote:

Is the 1934 law banning full auto weapons unconstitutional?
read my previous posts on the matter. it's not unconstitutional because it restricts a certain capability, not the weapon itself. that's why semi-auto models of rifles are legal while their post 1986 full auto counter parts are not.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6730|Tampa Bay Florida
Oh, sorry, I thought we were discussing guns in a guns and 2nd amendment thread.  Sorry for not going out of my way to search for everything you've said about everything especially when we were having a conversation about it.  Prick.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard