unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6786|PNW

If Jesus had a gun, he'd have been worshiped as a god.

Wait...
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5488|Ventura, California

AussieReaper wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I think I could fight off a 50 year old man without a gun.
Not if he pulls a gun on you.
He said he could fight one without a gun. So it's obvious he couldn't fight one with a gun. Duh.
I thought it said that he could fight off an armed 50 year old man without a gun. I understand now
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5600

Article in the New York Times about restorative-justice. I don't agree with the concept at all but I found the narrative of the murder worth discussing.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/06/magaz … d=all&
About an hour earlier, at his parents’ house, McBride shot Ann Margaret Grosmaire, his girlfriend of three years. Ann was a tall 19-year-old with long blond hair and, like McBride, a student at Tallahassee Community College.
Conor went back in the house, locked the door, went to his father’s closet, pulled his shotgun down from a shelf, unlocked it, went to another room where the ammunition was kept and loaded the gun...All these thoughts were running through his head when Ann started banging on the door. Conor stood up, placed the weapon on a table and let her in...Ann started sobbing, saying that Conor didn’t care and that she wanted to die. “At this point, I just lost it,” Conor says. He left the room and got the gun... He pointed the gun at her, thinking, he says, that he could “scare her” so that “maybe she would snap out of it.” “Is this what you want?” he yelled. “Do you want to die?” “No, don’t!” Ann held out her hand. Conor fired...
When it was Michael McBride’s turn to speak, sorrow overtook him and he told the group that if he had ever thought his shotgun would have harmed another person, he never would have kept it. Kate Grosmaire didn’t bring it up at the conference, but she says she has thought a lot about that gun. “If that gun had not been in the house, our daughter would be alive,” she told me.
Is this really worth being able to shoot cans on the weekend or to be able to pull out a gun a little quicker in case of some 1 in a million home intrusion? Worth not having to fill out some extra paperwork or wait a few days? I think people who bitch the most about their guns are way too disconnected with the violence that these lifeless pieces of metal cause.
Andy says he was in the hospital room praying when he felt a connection between his daughter and Christ; like Jesus on the cross, she had wounds on her head and hand. (Ann had instinctually reached to block the gunshot, and lost fingers.)
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5600

-Sh1fty- wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Not if he pulls a gun on you.
He said he could fight one without a gun. So it's obvious he couldn't fight one with a gun. Duh.
I thought it said that he could fight off an armed 50 year old man without a gun. I understand now
I can do that too. I'm a green belt in Brazilian Jujitsu
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6637|Little Bentcock
You know what I would do if someone broke into my house? Lock my bedroom door and let them take whatever the fuck they wanted. TVs aren't worth it.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6167|what

Adams_BJ wrote:

You know what I would do if someone broke into my house? Lock my bedroom door and let them take whatever the fuck they wanted. TVs aren't worth it.
If you lock them in your bedroom they'll steal your virginity.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13rin
+977|6494
Assuming the intent of a felon is a dangerously dumb gamble.
also
My TV is worth more than his life.  Fuck thieves.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Adams_BJ

13rin wrote:

also
'merkuns

e: its actually pretty easy to determine the intent of a criminal. Owe some drug dealers some money? Part of a gang? Piss off a gang member? He's probably just there to steal your shit. Let them steal your shit and they aren't gonna risk a murder charge. Let the insurance buy you a new one

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2013-01-06 21:58:11)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5600

Adams_BJ wrote:

Owe some drug dealers some money? Part of a gang? Piss off a gang member? He's probably just there to steal your shit.they aren't gonna risk a murder charge.
?!
Adams_BJ

Macbeth wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Owe some drug dealers some money? Part of a gang? Piss off a gang member? He's probably just there to steal your shit.they aren't gonna risk a murder charge.
?!
?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5193|Sydney

Adams_BJ wrote:

13rin wrote:

also
'merkuns

e: its actually pretty easy to determine the intent of a criminal. Owe some drug dealers some money? Part of a gang? Piss off a gang member? He's probably just there to steal your shit. Let them steal your shit and they aren't gonna risk a murder charge. Let the insurance buy you a new one
Replace "new" with "better"
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6338|Graz, Austria

Jay wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Apparently Jay and I are not allowed a fair shake on this forum.  No wonder ATG went nuts and left.
Don't group me in with you. People may not agree with me a lot of the time, but I think I've earned at least a little respect from them over the years.
You seem to have a good taste in music and can respond with an appropriate punk rock song to any given topic.
I get lost in a YouTube spiral and discover some new bands every time I watch one of them.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Macbeth wrote:

Article in the New York Times about restorative-justice. I don't agree with the concept at all but I found the narrative of the murder worth discussing.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/06/magaz … d=all&
About an hour earlier, at his parents’ house, McBride shot Ann Margaret Grosmaire, his girlfriend of three years. Ann was a tall 19-year-old with long blond hair and, like McBride, a student at Tallahassee Community College.
Conor went back in the house, locked the door, went to his father’s closet, pulled his shotgun down from a shelf, unlocked it, went to another room where the ammunition was kept and loaded the gun...All these thoughts were running through his head when Ann started banging on the door. Conor stood up, placed the weapon on a table and let her in...Ann started sobbing, saying that Conor didn’t care and that she wanted to die. “At this point, I just lost it,” Conor says. He left the room and got the gun... He pointed the gun at her, thinking, he says, that he could “scare her” so that “maybe she would snap out of it.” “Is this what you want?” he yelled. “Do you want to die?” “No, don’t!” Ann held out her hand. Conor fired...
When it was Michael McBride’s turn to speak, sorrow overtook him and he told the group that if he had ever thought his shotgun would have harmed another person, he never would have kept it. Kate Grosmaire didn’t bring it up at the conference, but she says she has thought a lot about that gun. “If that gun had not been in the house, our daughter would be alive,” she told me.
Is this really worth being able to shoot cans on the weekend or to be able to pull out a gun a little quicker in case of some 1 in a million home intrusion? Worth not having to fill out some extra paperwork or wait a few days? I think people who bitch the most about their guns are way too disconnected with the violence that these lifeless pieces of metal cause.
Andy says he was in the hospital room praying when he felt a connection between his daughter and Christ; like Jesus on the cross, she had wounds on her head and hand. (Ann had instinctually reached to block the gunshot, and lost fingers.)
You keep talking about probability of it being safe and asking if situations like these are worth it without considering probability yourself. Guess I should turn in my mini-14 in case my sister starts dating a guy who she later decides to use my gun to shoot right? The probability that you will get robbed, mugged, raped, or killed might be extremely slim, but it happens to millions of people around the world every day and there's nothing wrong with them having a means to defend themselves.

Also I agree with 13in, their life isn't worth a TV if they've stooped low enough to enter somebody's home (which is psychologically disturbing as a home is a place the inhabitant considers safe) and rob them of their hard earned property so they can go get high or some shit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6120|eXtreme to the maX
You're just a dumb kid who wants to shoot people, animals - anything you can get away with.

If you really think having the means to kill someone over a TV is worth Sandy Hooks being regular events you're a double idiot.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
That's not the point you dumbass liberal
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6120|eXtreme to the maX
Yes it is - thats the problem.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5193|Sydney

shifty wrote:

Also I agree with 13in, their life isn't worth a TV if they've stooped low enough to enter somebody's home (which is psychologically disturbing as a home is a place the inhabitant considers safe) and rob them of their hard earned property so they can go get high or some shit.
This attitude disturbs me. Has capitalism come so far we now consider possessions that will be outdated in 18-24 months more important than a human life?

Some of my mates did a few burglaries when they were 16/17. I stopped associating with them at that time. They got caught a few months later and the possessions returned, plus the victims got paid out by Victims of Crime. One spent a month in prison whilst he attended court and was let out on two years good behaviour. He is now managing his family's business and is a parent to seven children. He is a very productive member of society and has not done anything wrong since he was a wayward youth for six months. The other is married and parent of three kids and manages a sheet metal fabrication business where he has been employed for 12 years. They pay taxes and contribute their part to society.

All this could have not occurred if some unemployed slob with a gun had been "entitled" to shoot them on sight over a VCR and CRT television that you could not give away today.
Adams_BJ

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Why don't you say it for how it really is. you are just waiting for the day that someone enters yourhouse to steal your belonging so you can shoot him. It's not about protecting yourself, its not about protecting your belongings - its about shooting him.

Normal people let insurance cover it. But you get off on the thought of shooting someone else. OVER. A. FUCKING. TV.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6786|PNW

Someone condense it for me. wtf is going on now?
13rin
+977|6494
I, shifty and probably the entire State of Texas would shoot a felon during a b/e.  Everyone else here wants to commit insurance fraud.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
jsnipy
+3,276|6537|...

Adams_BJ wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Why don't you say it for how it really is. you are just waiting for the day that someone enters yourhouse to steal your belonging so you can shoot him. It's not about protecting yourself, its not about protecting your belongings - its about shooting him.

Normal people let insurance cover it. But you get off on the thought of shooting someone else. OVER. A. FUCKING. TV.
That's generalizing what a break in is. There are many cases where the intruders do more than just "steal your tv".  Lots of home invasions in the US lead to much more then theft (raping of family members, murder etc.).

Now that does not negate your point that there are many people who just want to shoot someone else breaking. I know I feel that way most of the time
13rin
+977|6494

Jaekus wrote:

All this could have not occurred if some unemployed slob with a gun had been "entitled" to shoot them on sight over a VCR and CRT television that you could not give away today.
Please.... You made the victim the bad guy.  I guess you're in the "look how she was dressed, she was asking for it" camp?
Jaekus
+957|5193|Sydney

13rin wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Please.... You made the victim the bad guy.  I guess you're in the "look how she was dressed, she was asking for it" camp?
Your argument style isn't much better than lowing's was.
13rin
+977|6494
Better than your logic.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6237|Escea

What we need, is a UA-571C.

Stick it in the hallway for when the burglars, aliens, Soviets, zombies or Billy Crystal turn up.

Maximum firepower!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard