Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6636|Little Bentcock
you just linked me to the exact thing I was just reading

2.2.1.2 Licence conditions
There are three types of licences for shooting kangaroos in NSW. Firstly a landholder must apply for an Occupier's Licence to legally have kangaroos shot on the property. Kangaroos can then be shot commercially (if within one of the commercial zones) by the holder of a Trapper's licence, or non-commercially by the landholder themselves or their nominee (holding a General Licence).
Section 3.9 of the 1998-2002 NSW KMP states that the Code 'has been supplied to all licensed trappers, and is a condition of their licence', The KMP does not explicitly state that holders of an Occupier's licence must comply with the Code. However, the Declaration of Approved Management Programs for 1998-2002 requires that shooting of animals under the program is undertaken in accordance with the Code, and that the Code is supplied biennially to all shooters, with no distinction made between commercial or non-commercial shooting (see Box 2.1). According to agency staff, compliance with the Code is a condition of both the commercial (Trapper's) and non-commercial (Occupier's) licence and the Code is issued periodically to all licence holders.
all covered.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6120|eXtreme to the maX
Right, so its not as simple as owning property and letting anyone with a gun shoot roos.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Adams_BJ
I thought it was implied knowledge that we would have the appropriate licences for hunting on property, I thought we were addressing some sort of cullers permit specifically for roos that everyone must have.

my bad.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its ironic that the conditions on commercial shooters are tighter than for non-professionals, if preventing unnecessary suffering is the objective.

I had thought that non-professional shooting of roos was next to impossible these days, but yes, knowing a landowner who has a culling permit and will let you shoot on his behalf would do it.
Still, its a pretty narrow exemption.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-06-12 05:01:58)

Adams_BJ
Professional shooters make money from it I guess, which would mean more regulations.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6728|US

Dilbert_X wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

So, if competing is a pre-requisite for having a handgun, how does one get started?
Find club
Apply for visit
Apply to join, and apply to police for basic licence
Start training course at club, spread over 2-3 months usually, if you pass the training course and the club cttee thinks you're OK you'll be recommended a full licence, 6 mths later you can buy your first gun, 6 mths after that further guns.
To keep them you need to shoot 6 recognised competitions a year - internal club competitions count so thats easily fudged.
The local commercial range is in the process of being closed, they had two suicides recently and they've signed off huge numbers of flaky bogans to get licences. I hope they are closed.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout … 6661344610
Also, what kind of crowd do the various handgun sports attract?
Depends, at the bottom end ferals who just want to get their hands on a gun, bogans who think firing off a cannon is cool - and don't worry about where the shot went, Walter Mittys and gun-fondlers who want a gun for psychological reasons, people who've watched too many action films and well up with tears when they see the bullet make a dull hole and not a flaming explosion etc.
Mostly they drift off once they realise getting a license and maintaining will take more than minimal effort, learning to shoot does require some application, and the Police are going to thoroughly check you out, annually.

Also people intent on blowing their brains out, so you have to watch beginners fairly closely.

The actual sports attract a mixture, its mostly practical hands-on people such as tradesmen who do well although there's a sprinkling of professionals - engineers, lawyers, doctors, company directors. Quite a few teachers also, and some Police.
At least 50% have no real interest in improving or progressing, probably 95% never attend an open competition.

We're having a lively debate in our club on who we should let in, one faction thinks anyone who walks in the door should be helped to acquire whatever weapon they want, no questions asked and if they go postal it doesn't matter. These are the ones who read Guns'n Ammo and dream of living in Texas.

Personally I think anyone who rolls in demanding a Glock or Desert Eagle probably isn't really interested in Olympic-style shooting and should be shown the door - the latest applicant wrote his letter in capitals with a blunt HB pencil I kid you not. I'm not handling any of his training.

Wow.  An 8 month process to buy a firearm.  I'm glad I don't have to deal with that.
I usually stay toward the IPSC side, and where I have been it tends to be older guys and a fair amount of younger mil/police and veterans, with some younger hobbyists thrown in here and there.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

RAIMIUS wrote:

Wow.  An 8 month process to buy a firearm.  I'm glad I don't have to deal with that.
I usually stay toward the IPSC side, and where I have been it tends to be older guys and a fair amount of younger mil/police and veterans, with some younger hobbyists thrown in here and there.
Yup, its how the system works. For people whose objective is just to 'get a gun' its arduous and time consuming and many don't bother.

If the objective is to take up an interest in target shooting its a non-issue, people can learn with a club gun while they are waiting to get their own, so they're not really inconvenienced at all.

The six month wait only applies to handguns, not rifles.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5599

Iraq veteran turned pro-gun activist Adam Kokesh was arrested on two charges, including having a gun while in possession of an illicit drug, police said Wednesday.

His arrest comes after authorities late Tuesday searched the suburban Washington home of Kokesh, who recently made headlines with his July Fourth video posted to YouTube in which he loaded a shotgun in the middle of the national capital's Freedom Plaza.

He also used Facebook to call for an armed march in Washington for the same day but called off the event in May. It is illegal to carry firearms in the District of Columbia.

Kokesh spent Tuesday night into Wednesday at Fairfax County Adult Detention Center in northern Virginia, U.S. Park Police spokeswoman Pamela Smith told CNN. He was still there as of Wednesday afternoon.

He faces two charges -- illegal possession of a schedule I or II drug and having a firearm while in possession of such a drug -- Smith said. Under Virginia law, schedule I drugs such as heroin and LSD have a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical use, and schedule II drugs such as PCP, cocaine and methamphetamine are addictive, have a high potential for abuse but have accepted medical uses.
Gun people are going nuts online about this. Guy was dumb for thinking there would be no repercussions for loading up a shotgun in the middle of the capital.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5372|London, England
He possessed shrooms. Love how the article jumps straight to heroin, LSD, PCP, coke and meth...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3973|SL,UT

shrooms the new gateway drug innit
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5599

LSD is the most fun I have ever had from drugs. Wish I could get some more.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-07-10 19:35:44)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4268
shrooms and LSD are completely harmless. least addictive, least chemically challenging substances your body will ever crunch. hilarious that some journos are still stuck in the nixon-era of demonizing all drugs as a highway to hell. the only people who ever bring a bad name to these basically neutral substances are people with pre-existing mental conditions or people who have no respect for themselves and way over-indulge on mind-altering experiences. which is to say they're about as dangerous as a beef-burger is because a fat shit eats 12 a day and puts himself in a casket.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5599

guns aren't as dangerous as edged weapons

https://i.imgur.com/YBqosl9.gif

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-07-11 09:14:59)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6704|Tampa Bay Florida
What the fuck mac I was eating
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4209|Oklahoma
Some australian friends and I prank called a gun store in Australia.  Laughs ensued. 

Me: Yeah, I'm an American here on a hunting vacation and I need to get some .50 AE hollow points for my hunting sidearm.
Him: Uhh mate, we don't carry that caliber here.  What the hell are you hunting?
Me: Bears.
Him: Bears?  In Oz? 
Me: Yeah.
Him: We don't have any bears here.
Me: The tour guide said you did.  We're going to go hunt one.
Him: I think he lied to you mate.
Me: Nah, he said he does it all the time.  Think he called them Cola Bears.
Him: You mean Koala?  Mate their harmless, pretty sure you can't hunt them either.
Me: I got a license to shoot one.  Tour guide reccomended a 30-06 caliber rifle with a Desert Eagle in case the bear charges.
Him: Mate their TINY!  They are only like the size of a small pup. (can here yelling at his friend "Hey I got an American on the phone looking for .50 bullets to hunt Koala's lol)
Me: Dude, do you know what the hell your talking about, bears are huge!
Him: Did you already pay your guide?
Me: Yeah, $5000.
Him: I think your getting taken for a ride mate.
Me:  Well shit.  Can I at least get some .40 hollow points for my Sig in case someone breaks into my hotel.
Him  Didn't they give you something to read when you come into the country?  You can't do that here!
Me: Do what?
Him:  Shoot someone!!!
Me:  What if they try to steal my stuff?
Him: Where are you staying guy?
Me: Sydney.
Him:  We're in Perth you fuckin moron.
Me: Is that nearby?
Him: Dumbass. "click"
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4268
can you at least cite your source
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6730

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i was there when it happened. quite funny.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4209|Oklahoma

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

What source?  I'm the fuckiing source.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4268
i'm surprised you can construe 3 jokes together at once. did your friends help you script write?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6730

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i'm surprised you can construe 3 jokes together at once. did your friends help you script write?
aw some english lit major did
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4209|Oklahoma

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

I think he lived in the U.K. too.  He is the only source of intelligence in our pitiful lives.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3973|SL,UT

Extra Medium wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

I think he lived in the U.K. too.  He is the only source of intelligence in our pitiful lives.
speak for yourself. i own >5 Rugers. . .
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4209|Oklahoma

Steve-0 wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

speak for yourself. i own >5 Rugers. . .
You definitely need to hook up with someone of intelligence then.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4268

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i'm not gonna pretend i'm not genuinely surprised a hick could pun 'koala' into 'cola'. that is almost aristophanean.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4209|Oklahoma

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i'm not gonna pretend i'm not genuinely surprised a hick could pun 'koala' into 'cola'. that is almost aristophanean.
You know nothing about me.  Literally, nothing.  It's laughable considering all the specific insults you throw at me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard