KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

One- to get the thread back on track
Two- because I noticed you posted a story about a stabbing and wanted to piggy bacvk on that
Three- because it is relevant to the thread

My other nonsense was basically a parrot of something cougar asked me in one of these gun threads and I thought it was funny and absurd enough to post it again.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Meanwhile
Four firefighters are being held hostage by a gunman at a residence in an Atlanta suburb, a police spokesman said. "It's a very touchy situation and anything could happen," he said.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/10/us/georgi … ?hpt=hp_t1
Hopefully the situation doesn't heat up.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5261|foggy bottom
thats a burn
Tu Stultus Es
13rin
+977|6481
In other news.  Despite the attempts of both the media and the potus at whoring out the Parents from the Sandy Hood school shooting reminiscent of Cindy Sheehan days bygone, , today the 2nd Amendment prevailed.  Bamster is sad.  Oh, and apparently the 'other side' is a bunch of liars.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21853/noassaultban4u.jpg
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

*Sandy Hook
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

89% of those polled in favor of a background check before buying a gun. they obviously didn't poll NRA members.

oh wait, they did - the number came in at 81%.

4/5 of members of the national rifle association support checking that the purchaser doesn't have a history that would pose a threat to citizens.

so tell me, what would be so wrong with doing a background check against those seeking to purchase a firearm? would the government preclude an American citizen from owning a firearm in contradiction to their second amendment rights?

what about my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness when a parolee picks up a hot piece to rob my house? do i allow him his second amendment right, exercise mine, and shoot a motherfucker that's breaking and entering?

No other country will bring down the United States of America. we're doing it for them.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England
It was all the other shit in the bill.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Jay wrote:

It was already watered down from what it started as, too.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Jay wrote:

pray tell, what affront did the liberals put into a bill that has some so giddy that they slam the head of the executive branch when the American people have said the second amendment was not more important than the first amendment?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Jay wrote:

The bill deserved to die anyway
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

13urnzz wrote:

Jay wrote:

pray tell, what affront did the liberals put into a bill that has some so giddy that they slam the head of the executive branch when the American people have said the second amendment was not more important than the first amendment?
It doesn't matter if the American public think it's not as important, they're all equally important. It was the ban on assault weapons, the ten round magazine limit and everything else. Congress would get a lot more done if they stopped trying to pass these massive bills and instead passed smaller ones, or ones that would actually have an impact on stopping violence rather than scoring political points among certain constituents. It was a bad bill overall.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6481

13urnzz wrote:

89% of those polled in favor of a background check before buying a gun. they obviously didn't poll NRA members.

4/5 of members of the national rifle association support checking that the purchaser doesn't have a history that would pose a threat to citizens.

so tell me, what would be so wrong with doing a background check against those seeking to purchase a firearm? would the government preclude an American citizen from owning a firearm in contradiction to their second amendment rights?

what about my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness when a parolee picks up a hot piece to rob my house? do i allow him his second amendment right, exercise mine, and shoot a motherfucker that's breaking and entering?

No other country will bring down the United States of America. we're doing it for them.
Background checks are all ready done.  The polling was obscenely skewed using loaded questions.  Bamster himself was quoting statistics that were 20 years old.  At the end of the day, none of their legislative proposals would have done the first thing to prevent a Sandy Hook*(thanks).  It was a gun grab, pure and simple.

Your call on what to do if you are home when faced with an armed burglar.  Every have to fill one of these out? OMB NO. 1512-0129
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

13rin wrote:

13urnzz wrote:

Background checks are all ready done.  The polling was obscenely skewed using loaded questions.  Bamster himself was quoting statistics that were 20 years old.  At the end of the day, none of their legislative proposals would have done the first thing to prevent a Sandy Hook*(thanks).  It was a gun grab, pure and simple.

Your call on what to do if you are home when faced with an armed burglar.  Every have to fill one of these out? OMB NO. 1512-0129
i was making a delivery downtown, when a certified crazy woman showed up and opened up;

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7935 … tml?pg=all

sadly, my shotgun, 22 rifle, and 357 were all at home that day.

i coulda been an hero
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US

13urnzz wrote:

The basic idea of an instant background check is pretty agreeable.  It's the implementation that is the sticking point.  Right now, only licensed dealers can access the NICS system.  Mandating background checks for private sales forces private parties to pay a dealer to run the check and keep the paper trail for 20 years.  This is rather annoying to many people, and since the federal government ignores most violations anyway, I think people don't believe the benefits outweigh the costs.

Also, there is a fear that when people realize you cannot enforce private party background checks very effectively, you will hear the anti gun-rights people propose mandatory registration.

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2013-04-17 20:57:44)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
Guys, guys, the important thing is that we've done nothing so that we can pretend to be just as shocked and outraged when the next massacre happens. It's out of the collective memory, so no need to think about the failures that lead to it any longer.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North

RAIMIUS wrote:

Also, there is a fear that when people realize you cannot enforce private party background checks very effectively, you will hear the anti gun-rights people propose mandatory registration.
this
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

13rin wrote:

In other news.  Despite the attempts of both the media and the potus at whoring out the Parents from the Sandy Hood school shooting reminiscent of Cindy Sheehan days bygone, , today the 2nd Amendment prevailed.
How would the second amendent have been affected?

Are you saying convicted felons and the mentally deranged should have the right to buy guns unchecked?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Dilbert_X wrote:

13rin wrote:

In other news.  Despite the attempts of both the media and the potus at whoring out the Parents from the Sandy Hood school shooting reminiscent of Cindy Sheehan days bygone, , today the 2nd Amendment prevailed.

Are you saying convicted felons and the mentally deranged should have the right to buy guns unchecked?
it's the way politics works in america: issues are only issues for as long as the major news-media keeps them selling papers/adverts.

as soon as another story comes along, it's dropped, and the political process inevitably shuffles it all back into place.

basically: your kid can get massacred in america and nothing will ever happen about it. would you like fries with that?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North

Dilbert_X wrote:

13rin wrote:

no, and if that's all it was that's fine

but it wasn't, so fuck that bill
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
So what else was in the bill? I thought it was solely the background checks, didn't all the other stuff fall out already?

The 90% polls are up to date, not 20 years old apparently.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 … use-worry/

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-04-18 04:19:34)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Dilbert_X wrote:

So what else was in the bill? I thought it was solely the background checks, didn't all the other stuff fall out already?
Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
 120 specifically-named firearms
 Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a
detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
 Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept
more than 10 rounds
The 10 round mag limit was pissing a lot of people off I guess.

There already are background checks in place for purchasing firearms.

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
also you got retards like this trying to write bills

So this woman thinks magazines are expendable and you can't reuse them... LOL
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13rin
+977|6481

13urnzz wrote:

i was making a delivery downtown, when a certified crazy woman showed up and opened up;

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7935 … tml?pg=all

sadly, my shotgun, 22 rifle, and 357 were all at home that day.

i coulda been an hero
What's your point?  lanza wouldn't have passed a background check and he still accessed firearms.  Look at States with even more extreme laws.. The norweign mass murder, he still got to the big bad weapons.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Further restriction & no.

Dilbert_X wrote:

The 90% polls are up to date, not 20 years old apparently.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 … use-worry/
Annnd I wasn't referring to that.  http://www.businessinsider.com/fact-che … ate-2013-3
13rin
+977|6481
disturbing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard