Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6634|Little Bentcock
It depends where live. its pretty cheap here. can live happily under 40 grand a year
13/f/taiwan
+940|5710
any asians?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5710
i should specify: desperate asian ladies.
Adams_BJ
So many asians
13/f/taiwan
+940|5710
so little wangs
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6486|Foothills of S. Carolina

If not for the fact that my insurance is great, I think I would change job fields. I think my body is starting to break down, and I am only 37.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5710
bluecollar? what kind of job do you have?
Canin

Food equipment repair. If you cook in it or on it, wash dishes in it, or weigh or wrap food in it, I fix it.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5710
i want a white collar job. i've been doing blue collar all my life and i don't enjoy too much at the end of the day.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2013-04-22 19:47:38)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

do you sell pressure cookers, Canin?
Canin

I went to college (briefly) to be a systems analyst. Too bad I was working a full time 3rd shift warehouse job at the same time and couldnt keep up with the classes. But in a way, its better to be able to have a marketable trade. There will always be a need for someone who can fix electro mechanical equipment. I am thinking it may not be the same for a systems analyst.
Canin

13urnzz wrote:

do you sell pressure cookers, Canin?
Nope, but I can fix steamers and steam kettles.

Seriously, I am not on the selling side, but its funny how many times I get asked how much a peice of equipment costs when I tell my customers how much a repair is.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

i guess it depends on the system. IBM has many systems that were first put in use 40 years ago. but you are right, solid experience will allow you to move about anywhere in the country, with your skill set . . .
Canin

I have been interested in moving up in my company, which would require moving, but family issues wont allow it right now. Some days I feel trapped in my job.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

i play the powerball, every now and then. i'll never hit all the numbers, but it makes for a nice daydream.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5710
i buy a lotto ticket every now and then as well, burnz. if i win i'll throw a party for bf2s somewhere hot, cheap, and full of women and beer.
Canin

Gotta play to win, which means I have very little chance of winning. Ahh well, off to bed. Morning comes early and I have to change out two fry tanks. Talk about a nasty job, leaves you smelling like you took a bath in fryer oil.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5710
the last time i purchased a lotto ticket was the day before thanksgiving. it took me 2 months to check that i had lost. i'll buy one tomorrow and think about you all.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5597

stupid tax
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6696|United States of America

13/f/taiwan wrote:

i buy a lotto ticket every now and then as well, burnz. if i win i'll throw a party for bf2s somewhere hot, cheap, and full of women and beer.
Sounds like Thailand's a winner. Macbeth will jizz himself to death.
Adams_BJ
If burnzz wins lotto he should get me a gift.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6728|Riva, MD
Turns out I was wrong, the shift differential they mentioned is for the night shift, which applies all of my hours.  So basically I'll be getting paid $15 an hour
13/f/taiwan
+940|5710
i would buy this site, change the name, demote the mods, unban everyone and watch nature take its course.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5710

_j5689_ wrote:

Turns out I was wrong, the shift differential they mentioned is for the night shift, which applies all of my hours.  So basically I'll be getting paid $15 an hour
moving up in the world.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6678

Canin wrote:

I went to college (briefly) to be a systems analyst. Too bad I was working a full time 3rd shift warehouse job at the same time and couldnt keep up with the classes. But in a way, its better to be able to have a marketable trade. There will always be a need for someone who can fix electro mechanical equipment. I am thinking it may not be the same for a systems analyst.
They build data centers.   Big data,  cloud computing.   In high demand right now.   Add in some vertical skills $100k.  I'm working with one setting up business intelligence security.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard