Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
It's no different from what GTA was at its core. Just a sandbox with zombies.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

GTA is a murder simulator though.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

The mere fact that you mention zombies when talking about how dayz is like tells me that you have not experienced it properly. The brutal player interaction makes dayz what it is.

GTA has never even had a proper multiplayer experience.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2013-06-18 09:24:51)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA
Day z provided me with the most intense encounters with other players that I've ever had in a videogame. That is why it is one of the best games I've played in recent memory
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Roc18
`
To each his own but running around for hours with maybe 1 or 2 encounters with one of the 20-40 people on the server on a huge map and npc zombies that offer no challenge bores the fuck out of me.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
it was a lot better than bf3. the encounters mattered because you could set someone back hours, rather than 15 seconds.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

pretty sure this roc guy is buttmad because he had to play dayz alone
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
I had days of fun playing DayZ on my first time through. Such a unique experience that you don't really get from other games.

I'm looking forward to the standalone, but I don't expect the same enjoyment I got from my initial week or so of DayZ.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock

DUnlimited wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

its arma with some zombies added in. ground

breaking.
Arma without any of the forced military shit, character progression (through loot), open world without objectives and yeah, zombies. Anyone calling it bad or boring probably a) hasn't played it with friends or b) hasn't got much time or patience for a game. The atmosphere of DayZ was definitely ground breaking when it first got popular.
There's survival game modes for arma already. Has been since arma1. It's been done already. And no annoying zombies.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
dayz isn't a survival game. it has zombies and it has survival elements, but at its heart it's an mmo/fps that does character progression, a compelling environment, and high-risk high-reward PvP
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Adams_BJ
...like many game modes in arma.

Im not saying I hate the game, just saying its not groundbreaking. Its not the last bastion of gaming hope to the pc community. the arma fans have been doing it for years. in different forms. foreeeevvveerrrrrrrrrrr
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
haha it's one of the bitter "I was here before you" arma players. sorry that dayz isn't tactical enough for your milsim fantasies. It's a unique game and you have definitely not been "doing it for years"
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Adams_BJ
I wasn't there before you. I didn't play it that far back. But people act like its some great revelation. It's more popular than the others sure. But its not new. I play ArmA once a week with a group of about 40 guys. I tried some different mods and they are cool, but when I played DayZ it was much the muchness. Nothing unique apart from zombies (and zombies were fotm at the time). Everything else had literally been done before.

All Im saying is don't act like its a torch that the PC players have been looking for, the game of the generation or whatever else people call it. It's not, its just another in the long list of the same, it's just more popular.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6691|Ireland | Monaghan

Damn Aussie's with their 300ms ping. Fuck you adams fuck you!
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Adams_BJ
Im gonna teleport to you and smack you on the head
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Adams_BJ wrote:

I wasn't there before you. I didn't play it that far back. But people act like its some great revelation. It's more popular than the others sure. But its not new. I play ArmA once a week with a group of about 40 guys. I tried some different mods and they are cool, but when I played DayZ it was much the muchness. Nothing unique apart from zombies (and zombies were fotm at the time). Everything else had literally been done before.

All Im saying is don't act like its a torch that the PC players have been looking for, the game of the generation or whatever else people call it. It's not, its just another in the long list of the same, it's just more popular.
people who talk about dayz like it's really special are also people who think LoL is great when it's a rehash of a 15 year old thing, too.

it reminds me of game discussions where people get nostalgic about call of duty 4. the PC gaming community has a 5 year memory, max.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

people who talk about dayz like it's really special are also people who think LoL is great when it's a rehash of a 15 year old thing, too.

it reminds me of game discussions where people get nostalgic about call of duty 4. the PC gaming community has a 5 year memory, max.
It would seem Activision has proved that console players have a <12 month memory if COD is anything to go by.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Adams_BJ wrote:

...like many game modes in arma.

Im not saying I hate the game, just saying its not groundbreaking. Its not the last bastion of gaming hope to the pc community. the arma fans have been doing it for years. in different forms. foreeeevvveerrrrrrrrrrr
Can you give examples? I haven't found another proper MP mode like what Lucien described in Arma 2. And don't say wasteland or I'lll cut you.
jord
I wanted to play wasteland but my arma2 shortcut takes me to dayz, despite a reinstall. I've just been playing chernarus life a bit lately, a kind of cops/civilians scenario. It's not that good, and filled with hackers, but meh whatever.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

jord wrote:

I wanted to play wasteland but my arma2 shortcut takes me to dayz, despite a reinstall. I've just been playing chernarus life a bit lately, a kind of cops/civilians scenario. It's not that good, and filled with hackers, but meh whatever.
just go to expansions in the menu and untick everything dayz related
jord

DUnlimited wrote:

jord wrote:

it doesn't let me, i've tried. i'm not bothered though, im going away on monday.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

jord wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

jord wrote:

it doesn't let me, i've tried. i'm not bothered though, im going away on monday.
going to jail?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
thepilot91
+64|6206|Ă…land!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p480x480/984042_379414442162887_281593914_n.jpg
Roc18
`

thepilot91 wrote:

>Enjoy the game
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Roc18 wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

>Enjoy the game
whats that arrow mean?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard