THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4340|Oklahoma

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

And which industry is that?
Oil and gas industry.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

oil, i think fracking, something Obama has actually touted as creating jobs in the US.
Hardly.
Are you saying it hasn't created jobs, or that obama didn't mention it in his state of the union address? Either way you're wrong.
Mentioning something in a speech and making something happen in reality are two separate things.  And no, he hasn't created jack squat in my industry, he's hurt it.  I'd love to know where you get your information to be able to so promptly tell me I'm wrong.  Seriously, what do I know, I'm just the boots on the ground.  Kind of like when you told me I was wrong on my abortion stance, no discussion, no debate, no reason, just "You are wrong."
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6642

welcome to the forums.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6776|949

Extra Medium wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Oil and gas industry.

Hardly.
Are you saying it hasn't created jobs, or that obama didn't mention it in his state of the union address? Either way you're wrong.
Mentioning something in a speech and making something happen in reality are two separate things.  And no, he hasn't created jack squat in my industry, he's hurt it.  I'd love to know where you get your information to be able to so promptly tell me I'm wrong.  Seriously, what do I know, I'm just the boots on the ground.  Kind of like when you told me I was wrong on my abortion stance, no discussion, no debate, no reason, just "You are wrong."
I didn't say "Obama said he created jobs by personally approving fracking".  Read my fucking post - Obama mentioned that fracking has created/would create (I think the number was 600K) jobs.  Comprehension isn't that tough.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-2 … lling.html

his words, not mine (something I guess that was lost on you).

Also re: abortion - I told you you were wrong in calling abortion murder from a legal and biological standpoint.  And that is correct - there's nothing to argue about.  I never told you were wrong about your view regarding abortion - just your classification of abortion as murder from a biological and legal standpoint.

Try again.  I'm pretty easy to debate with unless you either lack reading comprehension or have a poor memory.  You're 0-2 so far.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5503|London, England

Extra Medium wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Oil and gas industry.

Hardly.
My brother drills down in the Gulf and they have more platforms in service now than before the BP spill. I believe your fears are largely unfounded. Obama is great at saying one thing to placate people and doing the opposite behind closed doors. He's not the environmentalist his handlers portray him to be for votes.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4340|Oklahoma

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I didn't say "Obama said he created jobs by personally approving fracking".  Read my fucking post - Obama mentioned that fracking has created/would create (I think the number was 600K) jobs.  Comprehension isn't that tough.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-2 … lling.html

his words, not mine (something I guess that was lost on you).

Also re: abortion - I told you you were wrong in calling abortion murder from a legal and biological standpoint.  And that is correct - there's nothing to argue about.  I never told you were wrong about your view regarding abortion - just your classification of abortion as murder from a biological and legal standpoint.

Try again.  I'm pretty easy to debate with unless you either lack reading comprehension or have a poor memory.  You're 0-2 so far.
What part of my statement about speeches are not actions did you miss?  Obama saying he created jobs by approving fracking doesn't mean SHIT.  NOTHING.  How did he approve something that was being performed before he was elected?  He simply hasn't killed it, so by some twisted fucking logic of yours he some how "approved it"  like no body fucking frac'd anything until he said we could.  Obama can say the sky is blue because he approved it.....it doesn't mean anything it was already blue, just like the fracing industry has been creating it's own jobs without Obama since before he was even a senator.   So do your homework before you just assume you know something because you heard it in a meaningless speech and found some shit link on Bloomberg.

And if you don't think abortion is murder, ask yourself how you would feel if I walked up and punched your wife in the stomach after she found she was pregnant and caused a miscarriage.  You'd be asking for the death penalty the next day.  If you would like to think you would be cool with it, then you have some pretty shitty morals.  It's the same thing, except instead of a punch it's an apparatus and instead of me doing it, your wife would.  It is an intentional and abrupt ending of a life, premeditated even, as one doesn't accidentally stumble into an abortion.  As far as I'm concerned life begins at the moment the first cell divides.  It is a person, growing and just because it's 30,000 cells instead of 30 million doesn't mean it isn't a person, it just means that you never gave it a chance to grow up.  The same people spitting on vets during Vietnam for killing babies now champion abortion.  There's some goddamn irony for you.

You can take that pompous scorecard of yours and jam it up your ass moderator.

Last edited by Extra Medium (2012-11-19 18:57:50)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5323|Sydney
Here we go again with the moral high ground on abortion *yawn*
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6642

Extra Medium wrote:

As far as I'm concerned life begins at the moment the first cell divides.
that is an opinion. fuck off if you*re here to express opinions as fact. you, being male as far as your rhetoric implies, have no business telling any female how or what to do unless that female has entered a binding agreement with you to provide for her.

are you Richard Mourdock, that says rape is a gift from Heaven? if you are fuck off anyways,
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6776|949

I'm not disagreeing with your statement that words are words, not actions.  You said "hardly" in response to my statement that Obama touted fracking as creating 600K jobs.  He said it.  That's fairly simple to understand.  All your accompanying commentary is not related to my very clear and simple statement (that I backed up with an article/quote in response).  I'm not trying to pretend politicians don't say one thing and do the other.  In fact I've raised the same concern and posted with anger about that very topic for the last 6 years on this website.

I've also never come out in favor of abortions.  Seriously, who WANTS to put someone through getting an abortion?  You don't need to ask me how I'd feel if someone punched my expectant wife in the stomach.  I'm not sure if you really expect a rational response to that question.  Again, it has nothing to do with my statement - from a legal and biological standpoint, abortion is not murder.  Murder is the unlawful killing of another human being.  If you think a fetus is a human, well abortion is still legal (read: not UNLAWFULL killing).

Keep going with your emotives though, I like the comparison of spitting on vets and championing abortion.  As if any sane person would be out celebrating abortions. By the way, my dad and brother are vets (and I've never spit on them) and I would not support having my gf getting an abortion personally.  I would like to leave that decision up to each individual, and I don't think it should be legal because people will still seek out abortions and it could result in harm to the mother, baby or both.  I'd love to hear what other views you've pegged me to though, this is fun.

I'm really into baseball too.  I think you're now 0-3.  Need to get on base to approach the Mendoza line.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6819|Canberra, AUS
And if you don't think abortion is murder, ask yourself how you would feel if I walked up and punched your wife in the stomach after she found she was pregnant and caused a miscarriage.
i heard this exact argument the other day, actually.

was just as stupid then.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6297|what

13urnzz wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

As far as I'm concerned life begins at the moment the first cell divides.
that is an opinion. fuck off if you*re here to express opinions as fact. you, being male as far as your rhetoric implies, have no business telling any female how or what to do unless that female has entered a binding agreement with you to provide for her.

are you Richard Mourdock, that says rape is a gift from Heaven? if you are fuck off anyways,
Burnzz is right.

My skins cells divide all the time. Am I commiting murder when I exfoliate?

When I get a haircut am I harming a living creature?

The life begins at conception argument is so stupid.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6803|BC, Canada
This is fun right about now.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6555|'Murka

AussieReaper wrote:

So is Marco Rubio planning on running as the GOP nominee 2016?

I sense some great laughs at the GOP to follow.
Of course you do.

Color me surprised.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6297|what

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Of course you do.

Color me surprised.
You do know what his response was when asked how old the earth is, yeah?

The laughs just keep on coming. So many intellectual heavyweights from the GOP. Yay religion!
FEOS
+1,182|6555|'Murka

AussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Of course you do.

Color me surprised.

The laughs just keep on coming. So many intellectual heavyweights from the GOP. Yay religion!
I don't know anything about him. 2016 is four years away. The GOP went through like 7 "front runners" before they decided on Romney.

The GOP could run the recently-arrived Jesus Christ and you would mock the choice. It doesn't matter who they run--you will find fault with the candidate because you disagree with the GOP.

Again...color me surprised.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6297|what

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Of course you do.

Color me surprised.

I don't know anything about him. 2016 is four years away. The GOP went through like 7 "front runners" before they decided on Romney.

The GOP could run the recently-arrived Jesus Christ and you would mock the choice. It doesn't matter who they run--you will find fault with the candidate because you disagree with the GOP.

But they make it so easy.

Please, bring on more Rick Perry and Santorum and Bachmann "front runners".

The party is really suffering from a war on intelligence.

Last edited by AussieReaper (2012-11-19 21:06:39)

FEOS
+1,182|6555|'Murka

I don't disagree with that assessment.
― Albert Einstein

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

But they make it so easy.

Please, bring on more Rick Perry and Santorum and Bachmann "front runners".

The party is really suffering from a war on intelligence.
Is that really better than intelligent Democrats expressing utterly stupid opinions because their voting base is poor and ignorant or caught up in defining themselves by the movement they currently belong to? Sorry, your argument only holds water if they actually used that 'superior intelligence' to express opinions at that level. But they don't, so it doesn't matter.

But yes, all Democrats hold at least a Masters degree from an Ivy League school. It's in the party charter as a requirement.

Also, let me know when the Dems start basing their platform on something other than emotion. That totally makes them way more rational than the religious right...

Last edited by Jay (2012-11-19 21:27:23)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6297|what

You do realise Rubio said that the age of the Earth is "one of the great mysteries".

Are you really going to defend that, by attacking democrats as emotional? That's your rebuttal?

Haha.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

You do realise Rubio said that the age of the Earth is "one of the great mysteries".

Are you really going to defend that, by attacking democrats as emotional? That's your rebuttal?

Haha.
Does it really make any difference if he believes the earth is 10,000 or 100,000,000,000 years old? Does it make him better or worse at his job? No. They're his beliefs, and he's not hurting anyone else by holding them.
-Frederick Bastiat
Spark
+874|6819|Canberra, AUS
I guess it comes down to a question of critical judgement/logical thinking/view of science.

I have more sympathy with the "I don't know, I'm not a scientist" position answer though. I don't mind that so much.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FEOS
+1,182|6555|'Murka

Spark wrote:

I guess it comes down to a question of critical judgement/logical thinking/view of science.

I have more sympathy with the "I don't know, I'm not a scientist" position answer though. I don't mind that so much.
Which is what he said...and apparently makes him a bat-shit crazy right-wing nutjob to AR.
― Albert Einstein

Spark
+874|6819|Canberra, AUS
Yeah, I know. I read the interview.
~ Richard Feynman
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Most of the stuff we're taught in life is the result of marketing of some sort. To claim superiority over others because one set of marketing impacted and effected you more than another set is just silly. It's like claiming higher intelligence for preferring Coke over Pepsi. If you're an atheist, it doesn't increase your intelligence or make you a better human being than a believer. It just means you bought into the atheist belief system more than the religious belief system. There's a vast difference between facts and opinions. Belief or disbelief in a deity is an opinion. So is any position defining where life begins (within reason).
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6776|949

Bought into atheist belief system- err, what? Maybe you bought into a belief system, but that's not how I define it. If believing in god is skiing and not believing is not skiing, would you say someone enjoys not-skiing? Belief is for the people who want to believe in something. Don't be stupid jay. 'Everything we are taught is marketing' is one of the dumber things you've said too. I wonder who was marketing math and science concepts to me?

It seems like you're trying to convince yourself of those ideas. Sure as hell aren't convincing me.
Frank Reynolds
+65|4473

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Haha.
Does it really make any difference if he believes the earth is 10,000 or 100,000,000,000 years old? Does it make him better or worse at his job? No. They're his beliefs, and he's not hurting anyone else by holding them.
no it does not matter but this is what aussie does and lots of people do.  nobody cares about the real issues instead they just pick people apart for things that have no relevance.  shit we proved that in this last election.  people still believe in a public speaker because they will get everything they want for nothing.  hell it didnt take the walmart crybabies long who want to strike because they have to work at night on thanksgiving.  oh boo fucking hoo.  i have to work on thanksgiving and have spent many holidays at work.  so what they want is to sit at home and do nothing?  so you gonna watch the football game mr walmart worker?  guess what it takes people working on thanksgiving to make those games happen.  i bring up the walmart workers because lets be honest they are lower income people typically and that is right in obama wheelhouse.  so instead of real issues lets concentrate on the age of the earth.
What are you looking at dicknose

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard