Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6144|...
I trust in people's personal judgement when it comes to an issue like abortion and believe any sort of legislation preventing it all together or in certain cases will cause a great deal of pain to many people, perhaps unintentionally so. Imagine a court having to rule whether or not someone has been raped within a reasonable time frame for abortion to be committed or someone being accused of rape just so the woman could have an abortion.

Besides this I believe it's a very personal issue people would like to deal with privately. Banning abortion entirely is inhumane (except maybe to the religious extremists in your nation who are, sadly, well represented); doing so selectively I'm sure will make for some shocking news stories. I don't see why trusting your fellow man with a choice like that would go 'too far' while at the same time you trust him/her with owning an entire arsenal of various weapons.

Good thing it's a domestic issue in the US and any legislation will not affect me in the slightest. The entire debate is absolutely ass-backwards & moronic and only really exists because of your religious right. Hurry up and secularize.
inane little opines
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6974|Denver colorado
Swear To God
Frank Reynolds
+65|4473
personal choices are fine until someone else has to pay for it, then it aint personal anymore now is it?
What are you looking at dicknose
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6803|BC, Canada
The voices in my head tell me lavadisk could really stand to bone up on how to troll.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6297|what

Frank Reynolds wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Frank Reynolds wrote:

yet they followed his choices....go world?
That's what happens when you lie to the UN.

And when you do descent, you're labelled as the "old Europe" and suddenly French fries are termed "freedom fries"

'murica!
so you blindly follow the UN like some sheep?  no intelligence of your own?  and dont forget afghan...no UN lies there.  so safe to say you are just blaming others for your own mistakes.  no wonder you guys love obama.  makes sense now.
Not believing Iraq has WMD =/= blindly following the UN. The intelligence the UN were presented by Powell was false.

But trust the GOP with the presidency, they'll throw another $2 trillion at the army, which the army doesn't want. Cause that makes sense.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6144|...
Iraq wasn't sanctioned by the UN
inane little opines
Frank Reynolds
+65|4473

AussieReaper wrote:

But trust the GOP with the presidency, they'll throw another $2 trillion at the army, which the army doesn't want. Cause that makes sense.
i dont trust the GOP...are you a nutter?  i do trust someone who was a business man more than someone who is just a public speaker.  its like voting for the shamwow guy versus the person who runs the company to run your business.

and you people really really really need to get over iraq and bush.  i mean you dont see me constantly blame 9/11 (most of the blame) and the 2008 financial crisis on clinton (because it is his fault), do you?  clinton could have killed or captured bin laden, he had a few chances but because he porked fat chicks he was afraid of wag the dog accusations.  this 30 minute thing is gay, sorry reaper.  and i do blame bush for the handling of it.

btw clinton gets about 40% of the blame for iraq imo.

and facts are not gymnastics.  the fact you seem to pass over them is deplorable.

Last edited by Frank Reynolds (2012-11-06 11:22:52)

What are you looking at dicknose
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6297|what

Frank Reynolds wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

i dont trust the GOP...are you a nutter?  i do trust someone who was a business man more than someone who is just a public speaker.  its like voting for the shamwow guy versus the person who runs the company to run your business.

and you people really really really need to get over iraq and bush.  i mean you dont see me constantly blame 9/11 (most of the blame) and the 2008 financial crisis on clinton (because it is his fault), do you?
How was Iraq not Bush's fault?

And 9/11 is mostly Clinton's fault?

Wow. The mental gymnastics you pull to believe the democrats are at fault for both is just astounding.

Last edited by AussieReaper (2012-11-06 11:13:25)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6297|what

So don't blame Bush for the economy because Obama had 4 years to fix it, but blame it on Clinton because Bush wasn't in a position to do anything.

Then blame 9/11 and Iraq on Clinton also, because hey why not?

No, I don't buy it. It wasn't Clinton pushing for the war in Iraq claiming WMD's.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6812

Voted by email/fax anyone?
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4340|Oklahoma
To reply to the many:

Abortion in my honest opinion, should in fact, once again be illegal.  It should be illegal in the pre-Roe v. Wade sense, not entirely banished but not universally a free choice.  The abortion issue was, by in large, acceptable the way it was before Roe v. Wade by where states governed themselves on the issue.  Not only would this end the debate, but in a post Roe v. Wade world and with states able (in theory) able to dictate how strict or loose their abortion laws are, it would allow the abortion debate to pretty much end (with the exception of religious people wanting it banned 100%).  In a state like California where lots of people support pro-choice, people could have as liberal a law as the collective citizens would allow, whereas a place like Oklahoma may ban it outright as per the wishes of the citizens therein.

The saddest thing in my eyes about this entire issue is that people seem to have forgotten a time where states used to govern themselves for the most part.  Everything nowadays has to be federal.  It isn't enough the people in California want pot legalized, they want it legalized EVERYWHERE.  People who want abortion banned in Oklahoma want it banned EVERYWHERE.  Out of this method of thinking you get the present day makings of government groups like the EPA and private groups like PETA and the NRA.  People in Cali may see a need for everyone to drive a hybrid car, but the farmer in Kansas NEEDS his giant diesel truck for his daily life.  People in Florida may want all animals to be our friends like a Disney movie but in Arkansas people slaughter chickens and cows to live.  Guns may be a way of life in North Dakota but in California they aren't necessarily a good thing.

Hence why states rights are so important and why bigger government and regulation is bad.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6435|Washington St.
I don't mean to derail this thread but this'll take one post and you guy can get back on topic.

Is there a news outlet/channel/group/etc. that both conservatives and liberals can agree is non-partisan or at least non-biased I can watch for election coverage?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6812

For voting coverage, does it really matter?
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4340|Oklahoma

pirana6 wrote:

I don't mean to derail this thread but this'll take one post and you guy can get back on topic.

Is there a news outlet/channel/group/etc. that both conservatives and liberals can agree is non-partisan or at least non-biased I can watch for election coverage?
CNN tends to at least TRY to have an honest election coverage, and this is coming from a hardcore conservative.  I probably prefer it because of the way they manage to make it concise and clear.  If you can stomach Wolf Blitzer for 5 minutes at a time CNN seems pretty good.
BVC
+325|6840
Is there every any talk of changing how your president is elected?  No offense intended, but the current system seems a bit dated, and not very proportional.

Last edited by BVC (2012-11-06 13:54:26)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6645|so randum

pirana6 wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20009190
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6812

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6645|so randum
saw this already. if they wanted it to actually count romney, they would have the machine show whatever you chose, and the actual count would go for romney. doing it so you literally can't select obama is too retarded to be on purpose.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6812

FatherTed wrote:

saw this already. if they wanted it to actually count romney, they would have the machine show whatever you chose, and the actual count would go for romney. doing it so you literally can't select obama is too retarded to be on purpose.
Like Ohio's "experimental" update.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5846|College Park, MD
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
BVC
+325|6840
Is the order of choices randomised on a per-voter basis?  There is a known bias in polls favouring the first option.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5688|Toronto

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

http://twitchy.com/2012/11/06/misogynist-attacks-and-rape-death-wishes-hurled-at-women-voting-for-romney-escalate/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

wtf is wrong with people?
My thought exactly. People should be able to wish death for anyone they please. Tolerance is the tolerance of intolerance as well.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6767|Little Bentcock
I didn't realise people still wanted abortion to be illegal.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6819|Canberra, AUS
holy shit cnn, why why why why why why
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6919|Noizyland

What did they do now?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard