Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5369|London, England
I still have access to my old colleges online registration system so let's take a peek at what college costs per semester...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/51395/Screen%20Shot%202012-04-01%20at%201.53.52%20PM.png

That's rough.

Last edited by Jay (2012-04-01 10:56:50)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

Jay wrote:

I still have access to my old colleges online registration system so let's take a peek at what college costs per semester...

That's rough.
Hold the fuck up. The Federal pell grant program gives out grants to students who make below the federal poverty line. The same students who take pell grant money also use other government assistance programs....

Why the hell did you get a pell grant?
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6582

he's classed as disabled due to his obesity

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2012-04-01 11:02:40)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

That's rough.
Hold the fuck up. The Federal pell grant program gives out grants to students who make below the federal poverty line. The same students who take pell grant money also use other government assistance programs....

Because GI Bill is untaxable income. I had zero income to report on my income tax forms so I qualified for PELL and TAP.

Last edited by Jay (2012-04-01 11:03:27)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

That's rough.

Because GI Bill is untaxable income. I had zero income to report on my income tax forms so I qualified for PELL and TAP.
oh wow. Mr. Libertarian uses government programs designed for the poor.
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

checkmate
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6474|cuntshitlake

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

That's rough.

I think you should stop stealing from your government
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Because I was poor while in college? The financial aid office at my school had everyone fill out the paperwork, shrug.

Last edited by Jay (2012-04-01 11:08:16)

-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DUnlimited wrote:

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

What did I steal?
-Frederick Bastiat
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6724|Purplicious Wisconsin

DUnlimited wrote:

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Offering to shed your blood in return for a little money isn't exactly stealing.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

Because I was poor while in college? The financial aid office at my school had everyone fill out the paperwork, shrug.
poor in college = / = poor
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

War Man wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Jay wrote:

Offering to shed your blood in return for a little money isn't exactly stealing.
pell grants are given to poor people. You don't have to e in the military to get a pell grant
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum

Macbeth wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

pff You guys don't know what student loans are.
are you not slightly disappointed in your society that it costs so much to learn?
I was just joking. The student loan/college cost thing over here is crazy.

I don't think we should adopt your system though. It needs radical change but nothing radical in the way yours is. I could explain further if you care.
please do. our system isn't perfect either, especially the tripling of fees in the last few years. but the loan is a very small apr, and we get (nationally) large grants also
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

poor in college = / = poor
Umm, ok. If I had gone to college at 18 my parents income would've qualified me for PELL and TAP then too. So whatever you say, kid.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Anyway, the point was that college isn't really expensive here. Tuition minus the Pell Grant left a gap of $1800 to cover out of pocket per semester. That's hardly going to send someone to the poorhouse. State schools are cheap in America. The people that bitch about student loans are the ones that, of their own free will, chose to go to more expensive private colleges, or chose to go to college outside of their home state. They have no one to blame but themselves.
-Frederick Bastiat
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6202|Roma
And because of that hand out, you are in a better position than your parents
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

PrivateVendetta wrote:

No, I'm not. My GI Bill covered tuition anyway, the PELL was just extra pocket money.
-Frederick Bastiat
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6582

#shitchats
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6202|Roma

Jay wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

No, I'm not. My GI Bill covered tuition anyway, the PELL was just extra pocket money.
So it WAS stealing
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Jay wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

So it WAS stealing
Call it whatever you want. I qualified for it.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

FatherTed wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

are you not slightly disappointed in your society that it costs so much to learn?
I was just joking. The student loan/college cost thing over here is crazy.

I don't think we should adopt your system though. It needs radical change but nothing radical in the way yours is. I could explain further if you care.
please do. our system isn't perfect either, especially the tripling of fees in the last few years. but the loan is a very small apr, and we get (nationally) large grants also
I'll make a thread in DST. It's going to take me awhile to type it out and all
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

Jay wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Jay wrote:

So it WAS stealing
You leeched off of the tax payers for your pell grant. The same way you sold your soul to the military industrial complex for your GI bill.

You are the exact opposite of the whole libertarian image you try to project. This amuses the Macbeth.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

So it WAS stealing
You leeched off of the tax payers for your pell grant. The same way you sold your soul to the military industrial complex for your GI bill.

You are the exact opposite of the whole libertarian image you try to project. This amuses the Macbeth.
Whatever you say kid. I sold my soul? Sorry I wasn't born with a BMW in my driveway. You going to make fun of me for growing up poor next? Such a cool kid you are. I guess that's why you have so many friends.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Again, I'm just pointing out that college tuition in America is not nearly as awful as people would have you believe.
-Frederick Bastiat
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6202|Roma
The point is, you started poor, you had govt help, now you are not poor.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard