Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Extra Medium wrote:

Wow Uzi, you are a fucking idiot.

If you are concerned about saving lives or lowering crime, going after AR's is like going after 0.005% of the problem because it's the scariest looking 0.005%.  Forget that the other 99.995% of the crimes being committed are happening with handguns (which no one has been calling for a ban on).
where did i connect banning AR's with dramatically lowering gun crime? i never made any such claim. i just said buying an AR 'cuz defense' is pretty stupid and disproportional. most school massacres thesedays are at least facilitated in point by AR's or large rifles. i don't think it's necessary that people should be able to buy them. yes, i know the majority of gun fatalities are isolated incidents, or gang-bangers, or domestic disputes with hand-guns, or whatever. i'm not talking about lowering your national gun-death epidemic. you guys can go nuts and shoot one another all you want. AR's however seem to be a class of weapon that are designed for killing lots of people, all at once. i'm just not sure why a non-military civilian population needs access to them. it's much harder to kill a bunch of school-kids with a single pistol, right? i am talking specifically about trying to minimize incidences of mass-shootings, stuff that's made a lot easier by guns that can shoot... mass bullets.

but anyway it's an argument that will go nowhere. you're going to keep your AR's, and i don't care that much. from a european perspective, however, like much of the rest of the world, where we don't even feel the need to own a spud-gun for 'personal defense' on our streets/in our homes, the whole idea of buying an AR-15 is laughable. i guess there's a lot of macho-men zimmerman's out there that like to play rambo.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4195|Oklahoma
Nah, on second thought, I don't feel like responding to your bullshit today.

Carry on.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
People don't buy ARs for self-defence.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4195|Oklahoma

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well, they do, but mostly it's people who don't know anything about self-defense.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Dilbert_X wrote:

How is it not a good home defense weapon? If you have multiple intruders, AR platform provides a high rate of fire with low recoil. Perfect weapon for your wife or kids to use if your home is being invaded.

Zique: same thing could be said of pistols. You could load 18 rounds into a glock 17 and start popping people like it's cool. That didn't stop the VT shooter.

AR's are just semi-auto M16s.

https://leadnation.us/sks2.jpg

guess that rifle isn't scary right. It's not considered an "assault rifle" because er mah gerd no pistol grip! Still able to pump down the same amount of rounds as a semi-auto AK.

https://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090417073534/guns/images/1/13/Mini-14GB.jpg

that doesnt look scary does it. pumps down same amount of rounds as an m16. but its wooden and doesnt have a pistol grip, it's not "military" therefore its ok to purchase right?

GG logic zique, real GG.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4195|Oklahoma
Pistols/Shotguns>Assualt Rifle's for home defense.  This isn't even really debatable.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Extra Medium wrote:

Pistols/Shotguns>Assualt Rifle's for home defense.  This isn't even really debatable.
not if youre shooting out the window against cartel hitmen.

or if you have hmong gangbangers on your lawn

yeah yeah i know its not an AR, still high powered semi-auto rifle

Last edited by Cybargs (2013-07-15 07:16:14)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Extra Medium wrote:

yes i know this. it's part of my point: why do people need AR's? why do civilians need access to them, i mean. other than hunting/sport (some sport that is).
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

yes i know this. it's part of my point: why do people need AR's? why do civilians need access to them, i mean. other than hunting/sport (some sport that is).
read the second amendment
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Cybargs wrote:

GG logic zique, real GG.
"gg"? i don't see why anyone would want to own any of those above weapons you just posted for 'defense'. sure wouldn't be wieldly in a home invasion scenario. aiming down the sights of one of those in a house corridor. missing a shot and killing your neighbour's sleeping children. i don't 'get' it. you say you're using "logic", but all you're doing here is raising the taxonomical issue of what 'defines' an AR. i am not interested in pedantic definitions of an AR. my argument - if you couldn't have guessed by simply reading it, you know - was that no one needs anything above a pistol or shotgun. i don't care how you classify an AR. really don't give a shit.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

great argument. so much for "logic". go back to international business.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

great argument. so much for "logic". go back to international business.
did you read it yet? the second amendment pretty much explains why americans are so infatuated with the right to bear arms.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

*sigh*

Assault rifle vs assault weapon again, but it's been done in the gun thread.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
why do every swiss male citizen have a military weapon at home? you should ask the swiss the same question zique
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

The constitution was written in the late 18th century by people who had radically different views than all of modern society. I couldn't case less about what the founding fathers thought about how we should run things. Same way I don't care for the bible or Koran. Reverence for the constitution is just like worshipping those two things. I refuse to do it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Macbeth wrote:

The constitution was written in the late 18th century by people who had radically different views than all of modern society. I couldn't case less about what the founding fathers thought about how we should run things. Same way I don't care for the bible or Koran. Reverence for the constitution is just like worshipping those two things. I refuse to do it.
guess some of those other amendments in the bill of rights are pretty outdated ideals right.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Cybargs wrote:

why do every swiss male citizen have a military weapon at home? you should ask the swiss the same question zique
if the swiss had anywhere near as many school massacres or gun crime maybe i'd be inclined to give a shit. clearly it's a cultural difference. guns never fire themselves. america obviously has a love affair with big guns and with shooting them at other people. if switzerland was posting a different atrocity every 3 months then i would totally agree with you and also question switzerland's gun laws. but they don't. so make a real point. "logic" again?

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-15 07:35:14)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Cybargs wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

guess some of those other amendments in the bill of rights are pretty outdated ideals right.
I evaluate each on their own merits.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

if the swiss had anywhere near as many school massacres or gun crime maybe i'd be inclined to give a shit. clearly it's a cultural difference. guns never fire themselves. america obviously has a love affair with big guns and with shooting them at other people. if switzerland was posting a different atrocity every 3 months then i would totally agree with you and also question switzerland's gun laws. but they don't. so make a real point. "logic" again?
remove gangbangers in america and you'll see those numbers plummet. I don't see switzerland having a country full of gang problems in former industrial towns.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

remove gangbangers in america and you'll see those numbers plummet. I don't see switzerland having a country full of gang problems in former industrial towns.
again, i'm not talking about the gang issue, and never have been. i'm talking about gun massacres, mass shootings, public atrocities. america has a a preponderant amount of these compared to other 'civilized' western states. it's a cultural phenomenon there (no doubt aided by the fact it's a media phenomenon, too). american life is becoming more and more like a hollywood action movie. if switzerland faced the same problems, i'd be inclined to treat them with the same reasoning. switzerland doesn't. canada has similarly high levels of gun ownership, too, but not many massacres. like switzerland. again, make a point.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-15 07:41:10)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

again, i'm not talking about the gang issue, and never have been. i'm talking about gun massacres, mass shootings, public atrocities. america has a a preponderant amount of these compared to other 'civilized' western states. it's a cultural phenomenon there (no doubt aided by the fact it's a media phenomenon, too). american life is becoming more and more like a hollywood action movie. if switzerland faced the same problems, i'd be inclined to treat them with the same reasoning. switzerland doesn't. canada has similarly high levels of gun ownership, too, but not many massacres. like switzerland. again, make a point.
massacre every 3 months? lol k
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

massacre every 3 months? lol k
even if not successful, you are always hearing news stories about people that turn up to shopping malls and open fire, even if they don't manage to take out anyone. look at the gun massacre thread. people feverishly updating that with 'near misses' and 'almosts' on a depressingly frequent basis. how many other countries in the western world does that happen at?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

The "gang-bangers" don't worry me half as much as the "let's pretend" cops itching for a chance to shoot someone in public because they looked threatening. Also, gun owners: stop asking people if they want to see your firearms. Showing that shit off is how accidents happen. Every single time I've sat around for that shit, I've been so preoccupied with keeping an eye on where the fucking thing was waving that I wasn't paying attention to anything the owner was saying about it. Words will suffice, rednecks. Or photos.

https://i.imgur.com/R32EVk8.jpg
keep it to yourself, thx
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
gun owners like to show off their gun cabinets because they secretly feel depressed about their inadequately small member, and thus suffer from the inability and anxiety that such a stunted growth exerts upon their basic masculine desire to display and assert.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-15 07:52:47)

Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

gun owners like to show off their gun cabinets because they secretly feel depressed about their inadequately small member, and thus suffer from the inability and anxiety that such a stunted growth exerts upon their basic masculine desire to display and assert.
10/10 would read again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard