irok100
+114|6647
im sure there are alot of people who have used these guns since the patch... and i just want to know, personal preferance. Don't answer if you have not used both. But as we all know the M95 has been improbed, and the new sniper is very cool.

Before even playing a round i had both new guns unlocked... so my first round with the L96A1 i got first place with 47 points 21 kills just sniper... So i really like it. But then after using the M95 i realized that it got a ton better, as far as accuracy, and its power is uncontested, but i still haven't decided which gun i "prefer"

So just wondering.. what do others think?
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6752|The Netherlands
I only used the L96 since the patch (when I sniped and that was not too often)
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6680|England and damn proud
i like the l96a1 better cause at long range the m95 still isnt to good but the l96a1 is better at long range so just go m95 for close play then l96a1 for BIG lvls personally i love the l96a1 its better and sounds cooler
stef
+-6|6746
well if you take a little map with helis and jets then take the m95 but if its a map like strike at karkand take the l96a1 cause the scope is much better at long distances.
Torin
+52|6689
I've used both, I prefer the L96A1. Seems a bit more accurate, especially on the head shots, and I rarely need to penetrate cockpit glass. It seems that just sniping now, it is possible to start bringing in the gold medals, especially now that Claymores are of good use. I'd say a third of my kills in an average round are from Claymores now, especially since I don't have to worry about TKs from blind idiots team-mates.

Sniping has become a lot more fun since the patch, as I can consistantly lead targets on the run, even score some headshots on the run. Nothing was more frustrating than playing PLA/MEC in 1.12 and missing with the M95, 4 out of 5 times on shots you know are perfect. Now those perfect shots land, and the kills roll in. I love the new sniper rifle accuracy, and I really like the sound on the L96.

It's a good time to be a sniper.
smefeman
+0|6747
the L96 has better aiming posts, they are much skinnier allowing for a better shot lineup.  the m95 posts are too fat and big and make it hard to line up long distance shots
=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN
+60|6645|Under the River
Well I was playing on wake Island as american and I was a t the airfield with the new sniper and the chinese heli appeared and I had three shots to the drivers head and it didn't kill him. Although the L96A1 is really accurate I wouldn't use it on wake.
AD_Kensan
+7|6782

=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN wrote:

I had three shots to the drivers head and it didn't kill him. Although the L96A1 is really accurate I wouldn't use it on wake.
You say driver so I assume he was in the Helicopter. Only the M95 can penetrate the cockpit glass. That's why the L96A1 will not do any damage to the pilot in that case. It will to damage to the chopper of course but not much.
Torin
+52|6689
Oh, and shooting people out of the side of the Blackhawk on Mashtuur is also a lot of fun now.
airborne916
+24|6662
mmmmmm L96A1

Last edited by airborne916 (2006-02-17 07:52:59)

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6752
I think with the M95 imprved vehicle damage since the patch its a better choice for some maps... For example the M95 still has a place on maps like Sharqi Peninsula & Dragon Valley. But its true that the L96A1 is uncontested as far as accuracy is concerned. Its even tempting for me to trade in my SVD for one
LW_Cobra
+0|6694
Definitly the L96A1 due to the sight lines being that much smaller. I've made moving kills that are impossible with the M95 due to the thickness of those lines!
DeathsTouch
Team NHB
+35|6652|Los Angeles, CA
All it takes is a simple comparison between the two weapon stats on the BF2S Unlock Wiki. If you look at both guns, the damage is the same, but if you look at the Minimum Deviation, the AWP (L96A1) has a lower number, hence meaning it's more accurate. Short  range or long range, the L96A1 beats the M95, and it even beats the USMC's M24 (v1.12's most accurate sniper rifle).

Hope this helps.

Last edited by DeathsTouch (2006-02-17 08:42:11)

CrimsonFury
+1|6776
Both guns do the exact same damage. M95 can pierce aircraft windshields but L96 has better accuracy and faster reload (5 seconds vs 6 seconds). The L96 sounds are quieter so it doesn't give away your position so much from a distance.

I prefer the L96 unless I know i'm gonna be overlooking an enemey aircraft spawn point.
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6749
I still like the M24... M95 is usefull but to damn noisy and slow in reloading.
Poofy
+0|6670|Pennsylvania
The power of the M95 is irrelevent, IMO, since you're more likely to score a headshot with the L96/M24 which is what I try to go for.

Last edited by Poofy (2006-02-17 10:16:36)

EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6649

Torin wrote:

Oh, and shooting people out of the side of the Blackhawk on Mashtuur is also a lot of fun now.
Pray you never encounter me on Mashtuur, I make it my personal mission to snipe people with the M95 who're in  helicopters... 

Nothing quite like watching them drop out like dead flies...
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6775
well i can't pick one, because I like them both, i like the L96 scope because i can kill people that is REALLY far away.
while the M95 has the power and the bullet piercing, also you can "steal" kills with the M95 if you see a chopper in flames or smoking and is out reach from everyone else, you just shoot at it and the kills will be yours
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

maton wrote:

well i can't pick one, because I like them both, i like the L96 scope because i can kill people that is REALLY far away.
while the M95 has the power and the bullet piercing, also you can "steal" kills with the M95 if you see a chopper in flames or smoking and is out reach from everyone else, you just shoot at it and the kills will be yours
thats fun to do, lol.

i use the L96 on most city maps, strike mostly, and the M95 if i want to piolt rape or jack a bomber
Orion5413
+4|6684|Irving Tx
I llike the 95 for some reason...oh thats right I am mostly play sf right now....no new unlock in sf....
Arkanon
+3|6692|London, UK
I agree that the new rifle seems almost silent. I was sat on a rooftop in plain view, picking off marines on Sharqui Peninsular, and they just did not notice me. All it would have taken is a grenade flung my way and it would've been all over. But not once did they associate the falling over dead with the fact I was a hundred metres away.

As for the M95 taking out choppers, I saw a programme on Discovery yesterday about the world's greatest weapons (the sniper rifle came third or fourth). A USMC sergeant was laughing that a $2 fifty-calibre round could reduce a $100m fighter jet to scrap metal.

Last edited by Arkanon (2006-02-19 19:32:10)

josh's
Banned
+2|6686
they both still have 2 shots to kill like wtf .50 cal or 12.7mm how can that not be 1 shot kill a .50 cal bullet is huge how cant that kill i just dont get it!!!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
L96, it just feels like it goes straighter than the M95 does and the crosshairs are really thin, plus it looks cool and sounds really awesome when fired.
Teh 5th
+0|6639
I prefer L96 because of the skinnier crosshairs, and the blue-green feeling you get inside
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6709|'Ull, Yorkshire, England
Each of the sniper rifles has their place and the L96 has filled a nice gap.

The M95 is good for city maps, its easy to make headshots within 100m and the ability to penetrate body-armour, take out flaming vehicles and the occasional pilot kill are useful.

The M24 is the best choice for the USMC player but again the M95 comes in more useful on city maps where you don't have to worry about long range accuracy.

The L96A1 is a good choice for MEC and PLA snipers wanting a little long range accuracy

The SVD and Type-88 are excellent if you know how to use them but they are limited in range because of the smaller zoom, i personally prefer to rely on my accuracy and go for the headshots with the other rifles.

I've used all of the rifles extensively but I only consider myself a master of the M95 and M24, I use the SVD and Type-88 when things get hectic (7 headshots in a row from a 10 round mag is very useful). I'm still practicing with the L96A1 but I should have that one mastered in week or so.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard