Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Oh yes it is handed down by parents.  Simply, "do not use your phone while driving, or you lose phone privileges."  "Need to go out with friends, but no phone access?  Oh well, can't go out then,"  Try to sneak away?  "Okay, now you lose another privilege".  End of line.  Zero tolerance.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Asian parenting
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.

Ilocano wrote:

Oh yes it is handed down by parents.  Simply, "do not use your phone while driving, or you lose phone privileges."  "Need to go out with friends, but no phone access?  Oh well, can't go out then,"  Try to sneak away?  "Okay, now you lose another privilege".  End of line.  Zero tolerance.
They're going to reach an age in their teenage years where they start thinking for themselves and doing what they want. This girl was what, 18? You can't really pull that shit on an 18 year old...
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

jord wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

They're going to reach an age in their teenage years where they start thinking for themselves and doing what they want. This girl was what, 18? You can't really pull that shit on an 18 year old...
Who's paying for college, car, allowance, etc.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Macbeth wrote:

Asian parenting
jord

Ilocano wrote:

jord wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Asian parents aren't going to revoke their childs chance of going to college.

And most people here have student loans and a part time job during university.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

weeding out the ones that didn't develop the common sense trait
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

jord wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

jord wrote:

True, but I'll find ways.

In any case, common sense and personal responsibility needs to be seeded way before the teen years.
jord

Ilocano wrote:

jord wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

True, but I'll find ways.

In any case, common sense and personal responsibility needs to be seeded way before the teen years.
They are, it's a basic survival instinct everyone has to not distract yourself when doing something dangerous like driving 80. She just by passed hers.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

So she died, huh. I think the girl said it best herself: "haha".
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

ttyl
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California

Eagle wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yup, not even a typo..
he put the little ` over the "e" making it cinéma... which isn't the correct way to spell it...
Don't know what that had to do with me. But the accent is the correct way.

I speak English, French, and German. The first two I speak fluently, so before you go correcting my spelling make sure the person your talking to isn't fluent in French, derp.

Cinéma, is how you spell it. That's a French word that Americans use, and you've butchered it.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-03-07 17:23:49)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

va te faire f*****

j/k.   Of all the things we learn in school.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City

eleven bravo wrote:

everybody does stupid things at least once in their lifetime.
Everyone dies at least once too... The goal is to not put the stupid thing and the dying together.

Meanwhile, for those saying the parents are not at any fault here because they shouldn't HAVE to tell their kid not to text (and apparently surf the web, and update facebook, and everything else) I have to remind you that they were a participant in the texts... Telling my kid not to jump off a cliff might not be needed... But If I go camping and set up their tent on the edge of that cliff, I think I hold some blame.

You can't tell your kids everything they need to know. You can't teach them everything... But you CAN correct them when you see them doing wrong. I have to send my wife texts that say "Stop texting me while you are driving." on occasion, then refuse to reply to anything else she sends. Not hold a conversation with her, knowing she is barreling up the turnpike.
13rin
+977|6450
Sad, but avoidable.  Since I began riding a motorcycle, I've really became aware of how many drivers are multitasking while driving.  The vast majority of them are fucking with their phones.  As a result of a few close calls with such drivers, I've arrived at the conclusion  "As long as they don't kill me, my friends or family, fuck em'."
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
The parenting angle is a dumb argument. At 18 years old you're considered an adult by law and can do whatever you want. She even said herself she knew it was unsafe.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City

Jaekus wrote:

The parenting angle is a dumb argument. At 18 years old you're considered an adult by law and can do whatever you want. She even said herself she knew it was unsafe.
I am not saying they need to be jailed or something... I am saying they shoulder some of the blame.

And lets be serious... At 18 you can't buy alcohol or carry a gun or be president, so until they get the age discrimination out of the way, no, 18 isn't really a "can do whatever you want" adult. She was probably even still on her parent's insurance, and they probably still claimed her as a dependent on their taxes.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City

13rin wrote:

Sad, but avoidable.  Since I began riding a motorcycle, I've really became aware of how many drivers are multitasking while driving.  The vast majority of them are fucking with their phones.  As a result of a few close calls with such drivers, I've arrived at the conclusion  "As long as they don't kill me, my friends or family, fuck em'."
So true...

Getting really bad out there over the last couple years due to this whole "I need to be entertained while I drive" mentality.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA
I yell at people who act like dumbasses while driving. The ones who text, put makeup on, read, and other stuff. I roll down the window and make it known that they are, in fact, retarded.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Chilling last text wrote:

ice knowin ya
jord

UnkleRukus wrote:

I yell at people who act like dumbasses while driving. The ones who text, put makeup on, read, and other stuff. I roll down the window and make it known that they are, in fact, retarded.
seems like a waste of energy
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
I let them pass, confident in the knowledge they wont be adding to the genepool
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
ya but we will
jord
why, i bet i could sew a button onto my shirt whilst driving with ease.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
its like you watch top gear or something jordan!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard