Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5964|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Can't help it if you make up oxymorons.

Anyway, you have a two-party system, as your founding fathers intended. There is no 'spectrum' and you're not a libertarian.

Furthermore, I am an Australian citizen now, so I'm as Australian as the (current) PM.
G Wash said a two-party system was one of the worst things that could happen IIRC.
Eh? Our country's first serious political debate was between the federalist and anti federalist. The first and only two parties running in the first election were the federalist and democrat-republican.

The system was borked in it's own way since the start.
Washington did talk about the party thing in his farewell address. parties naturally creating rivalries which lead to unnecessary fighting that pushes the opposing parties under the water and in different ages of history causes "frightful despotism"

"This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5964|London, England

ty rukus for provoking me to look up shit about george washington, his address is very interesting
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Can't help it if I understand the American political spectrum better than an Australia-dwelling Brit.
Can't help it if you make up oxymorons.

Anyway, you have a two-party system, as your founding fathers intended. There is no 'spectrum' and you're not a libertarian.

Furthermore, I am an Australian citizen now, so I'm as Australian as the (current) PM.
No, we don't. How many times do you have to be told something before it sticks? Yes, our system is dominated by two parties. That's not the same thing as having a two-party system.

As Washington stated, it's the tendency of man to devolve to two sides.

There is quite a spectrum, and I most certainly am libertarian in my views. The fact that I disagree with you on nearly every position doesn't mean I don't hold libertarian ideals and use those to frame my political choices.

In fact, I'm willing to bet you haven't the foggiest clue what a libertarian actually is. You probably think it's some amped up version of a librarian...in which case, your assessment would be correct.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

No, we don't. How many times do you have to be told something before it sticks? Yes, our system is dominated by two parties. That's not the same thing as having a two-party system.
And the effective difference is ....... nothing.

The founding fathers, an elite group of rich white men, put in place, without any democratic input from the people, a system of government guaranteed to result in a  two-party system dominated by the rich elite eternally.
There is quite a spectrum, and I most certainly am libertarian in my views.
But not in your actions, working for the govt in the military and all.
And the 'spectrum' is irrelevant since its voice is not heard.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

And the effective difference is ....... nothing.
Actually, the effective difference is dramatic. If it were a two-party system as you describe, then I wouldn't have been able to cast the vote I did in the last presidential election and Clinton wouldn't have been elected in 92.

The founding fathers, an elite group of rich white men, put in place, without any democratic input from the people, a system of government guaranteed to result in a  two-party system dominated by the rich elite eternally.
LRN2HISTORY. The Constitution was ratified by all 13 states. It was hardly put in place by fiat.

There is quite a spectrum, and I most certainly am libertarian in my views.
But not in your actions, working for the govt in the military and all.
So my job dictates my political views? Are you seriously going to make that argument?

Libertarian views and military service are somehow irreconcilable, right? Sounds like someone needs to study up on libertarianism.

Aren't you the one who pointed out that Ron Paul gets more donations than any other candidate? Did you forget that he ran on the Libertarian ticket in the past?

No need to answer.

And the 'spectrum' is irrelevant since its voice is not heard.
Of course it is. That's why this primary wasn't over after NH.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

If it were a two-party system as you describe, then I wouldn't have been able to cast the vote I did in the last presidential election.
Did a candidate from a third party get elected? No? You threw away your vote.
LRN2HISTORY. The Constitution was ratified by all 13 states. It was hardly put in place by fiat.
How many options did they have to pick from?
How much input to the only option did the people have?
So my job dictates my political views? Are you seriously going to make that argument?
Derp. The fact that your job does not align with your supposed views speaks for itself, like Jay and his Ayn Rand BS when he probably still isn't a net taxpayer.
Aren't you the one who pointed out that Ron Paul gets more donations than any other candidate?
No
Did you forget that he ran on the Libertarian ticket in the past?
No
No need to answer.
Yeah there is.
It will still be a choice between Republican, Democrat or the Wasted Vote party.

I'd set up the 'ZOMG NONE OF THE ABOVE' party - I reckon it would do well considering the number of jaded hipsters around.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-02-23 01:46:10)

Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
+130|4554|Always Sunny in Philadelphia
would you two homos take that shit to dst please
What is your Spaghetti Policy Here?

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So jaded with DST
FEOS
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

If it were a two-party system as you describe, then I wouldn't have been able to cast the vote I did in the last presidential election.
Did a candidate from a third party get elected? No? You threw away your vote.
I did no such thing. The only vote that's thrown away is the one that isn't cast.

How many options did they have to pick from?
How much input to the only option did the people have?
The Constitution wasn't the first try at a legal framework for the US. The populations selected representatives from each state to participate in the writing of the Constitution. Volumes of letters were written and published.

So...plenty on both counts.

Again, LRN2HISTORY.

Derp. The fact that your job does not align with your supposed views speaks for itself, like Jay and his Ayn Rand BS when he probably still isn't a net taxpayer.
Please...OH PLEASE...tell me how my job doesn't align with my views.

Would you like your shovel now? You're doing pretty good digging that intellectual hole.

Aren't you the one who pointed out that Ron Paul gets more donations than any other candidate?
No
Actually, you have.

Did you forget that he ran on the Libertarian ticket in the past?
No
Apparently you did.

No need to answer.
Yeah there is.
Yes. Take every opportunity you can to show how little you know.

It will still be a choice between Republican, Democrat or the Wasted Vote party.
Right now, yes. Except for the last bit. You should be happy...if a third party presents a decent candidate, Obama will probably get re-elected.
― Albert Einstein

Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
shit posting style

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire

askpaisa wrote:

Great posting guys.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man

RTHKI wrote:

askpaisa wrote:

Great posting guys.

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
i for one enjoy the entralling exchanges betweenb Fee and Dil
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

I did no such thing. The only vote that's thrown away is the one that isn't cast.
erm OK
If Libertarianism means small govt, self reliance, not being told what to do - and the quid pro quo not belligerently forcing your views on others I'd say someone who works for the govt in the military who is constantly spouting about US military power, global domination and how the world must bow to your authoritah is not any kind of 'Libertarian' based on the theory that one should practice what they preach.
Actually, you have.
Pretty sure I haven't.
Apparently you did.
Don't think so.
Right now, yes. Except for the last bit. You should be happy...if a third party presents a decent candidate, Obama will probably get re-elected.
So the third party would indeed still be the wasted vote party.
Thank you for proving me right.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Mutantbear wrote:

Im so jaded, bf2s BF3S. The internet is so full of incorrect opinions and terrible people that I just cant keep a positive attitude. Everything is the same day after day and it's so draining. I can't enjoy the internet anymore,. Tthere is nothing good on it and there never will be.

This thread is here for you to post all of your jaded feelings.
fixed
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

I'm so jaded, I ignored all posts above this post that had quote boxes.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Ilocano wrote:

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke

Ilocano wrote:

coke wrote:

Too many Americans.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

coke wrote:

Too many Americans.
That's what Saddam said.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

coke wrote:

Too many Americans.
That's what Saddam said.
Not sure he did, but he should have.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

Im so jaded, bf2s BF3S. The internet is so full of incorrect opinions and terrible people that I just can't keep a positive attitude. Everything is the same day after day and it's so draining. I can't enjoy the internet anymore,. Tthere is nothing good on it and there never will be.

fixed
fixed dunkass
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

I'm so jaded, bf2s BF3S. The internet is so full of incorrect opinions and terrible people that I just can't keep a positive attitude. Everything is the same day after day and it's so draining. I can't enjoy the internet anymore,. Tthere is nothing good on it and there never will be.

fixed
fixed dunkass
Tu Stultus Es
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Can't catch 'em all on first edit.

e: I'm so jaded that I'd like to organize tools in the shop, but know they'll be strewn all over the place the minute someone else picks up a wrench.
FEOS
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

If Libertarianism means small govt, self reliance, not being told what to do - and the quid pro quo not belligerently forcing your views on others I'd say someone who works for the govt in the military who is constantly spouting about US military power, global domination and how the world must bow to your authoritah is not any kind of 'Libertarian' based on the theory that one should practice what they preach.
You are seriously a couple of fries short of a happy meal.

That little rant just showed your ignorance on two things: the military and libertarianism.

But let me know when you find someone that fits that description.

So the third party would indeed still be the wasted vote party.
Thank you for proving me right.
Again--the only wasted vote is the uncast vote. Why on earth would someone vote for someone they don't want to be in office, just because there's a chance that person won't win? Maybe everyone should just go back to ruling by devine right then? No need to worry about pesky votes or anything.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Ah insults, its easy to know when you know you've lost.
Explain how your libertarian philosphy squares with working in drug interdiction and bombing a sovereign country, to name two.

Under your system any vote not for Rep or Dem is thrown away, you know this, why are you arguing?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard