-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California

AussieReaper wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Guess I am mentally challenged. And proud of it.

I am so sick of everyone screaming tolerance over everything, but religious bashing being considered the new trendy thing to do.
The girl who complained is fine to bash though? Just so we're clear here.
yep, she's making the scene

I see mormon commercials all the time but I don't go around complaining about it. I disagree with their religious beliefs, but I don't try to shut them down or have it removed. This girl can't stand a freaking prayer that has historical significance.

Hope she has a good time on judgement day
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Ty wrote:

I also disagree with HITNRUN that 'doubt' is a negative outlook to have. The way I see it many problems in the world come from people being certain about stuff for whatever reason - Humans suck at getting things right now let alone 2000-or-whatever years ago. I think doubt is humble and false certainty has been proven to generally do more harm than good.
Totally agree. It was this doubt that led to the pursuit of science as we know it today. And if you disagree I suggest you log off from your account, sell your worldly possessions and go join the Amish.
Doubting your own beliefs and then finding why you believe what you believe is a good thing. Doubting other people's believes and telling them they are mentally challenged for having them is a different story.

You can believe whatever you want, but don't cram your belief or lack thereof down other people's throats... Ty's post was a great example of how to share an opinion that is different than mine in a way to still gain my respect. You don't have to believe what I do, but don't call me retarded for it.
My post was in a general sense, not directed at you. I actually have no idea nor care what you believe. Similarly I expect the same of you with my beliefs.
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney

-Sh1fty- wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

I am so sick of everyone screaming tolerance over everything, but religious bashing being considered the new trendy thing to do.

I see mormon commercials all the time but I don't go around complaining about it. I disagree with their religious beliefs, but I don't try to shut them down or have it removed. This girl can't stand a freaking prayer that has historical significance.

Just stop posting please.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
lol thats a big reason why people hate religious people.
Tu Stultus Es
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Jaekus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

How about you drink some bleach? Your posts attacking me are absolutely pathetic and on the lowest level of intelligence I've seen around here. "Herp derp stop posting ur dumb trololo"

People need to stop throwing their religion left and right unless their opinion was asked for or unless they offer it in a unimposing way, and atheists need to quit bitching about other people's beliefs.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

How about you drink some bleach? Your posts attacking me are absolutely pathetic and on the lowest level of intelligence I've seen around here. "Herp derp stop posting ur dumb trololo"

People need to stop throwing their religion left and right unless their opinion was asked for or unless they offer it in a unimposing way, and atheists need to quit bitching about other people's beliefs.
Thags a bit hypocritical dont you think?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
How do you think so?
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City
Sh1fty, seriously, take into consideration the meanings of the things you say you believe before opening your mouth... If is "Christians" like you that give the rest of us a bad name.
Adams_BJ

-Sh1fty- wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Sh1fty, seriously, take into consideration the meanings of the things you say you believe before opening your mouth... If is "Christians" like you that give the rest of us a bad name.
"Christian" huh?

And what are your "Christian" beliefs?

I've shown way more tolerance than I need to and when somebody acts like an absolute tard and I speak out saying it's too much I get bashed? glad this girl is taking crap for dishing out crap. You reap what you sow
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Disregard him. He's just trolling.
Adams_BJ

-Sh1fty- wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

"Christian" huh?

And what are your "Christian" beliefs?

I've shown way more tolerance than I need to and when somebody acts like an absolute tard and I speak out saying it's too much I get bashed? glad this girl is taking crap for dishing out crap. You reap what you sow
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Macbeth wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

I like to exaggerate a lot, but a lot of my points still stand.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

I just got this book..
https://i.imgur.com/UzjFR.jpg
Seems like the perfect answer for "Losing friends and alienating people" ..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

I like to exaggerate a lot, but a lot of my points still stand.
your point is the top of your head.
Adams_BJ
Shifty clearly you can see the hypocrasy
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

Jaekus wrote:

-Sh1fty wrote:

Its not the content of the banner that matters, its that hanging religious banners in schools is unconstitutional.
Why can't you grasp that?

Mormon adverts on TV.....

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-01-30 22:44:20)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Attacking? You live a sheltered life, boy.

It's a small minority from any of those collective groups. Just happens to be the ones that bring the most attention to themselves.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

-Sh1fty wrote:

Its not the content of the banner that matters, its that hanging religious banners in schools is unconstitutional.
Why can't you grasp that?

Mormon adverts on TV.....
this

sidenote:  i STILL to this day have no idea what the purpose of the "HI IM JOE AND I'M A MORMON" ads are about?  ok, you're mormon.... now what?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

the mormon faith, like any organized religion in my opinion, is about gaining followers. think about it - what do religions have to gain from big followings?
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City

Jaekus wrote:

It's a small minority from any of those collective groups. Just happens to be the ones that bring the most attention to themselves.
The vocal minority. Very correct.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

krazed wrote:

sidenote:  i STILL to this day have no idea what the purpose of the "HI IM JOE AND I'M A MORMON" ads are about?  ok, you're mormon.... now what?
Believe its intent is to show that Mormons are everyday people, not freaks who run around in goat leggings sacrificing virgins (a description I often use with my devout Mormon friend).
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Wreckognize
+294|6486

FatherTed wrote:

and in that regard, rabid atheists are as terrible as rabid catholics/muslims/pastafarians.
Fuck everything about this mentality.  Rabid Christians/Muslims commit suicide bombings and kill abortion doctors.  Rabid atheists campaign to have banners removed and act like smug assholes on the internet.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City

Wreckognize wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

and in that regard, rabid atheists are as terrible as rabid catholics/muslims/pastafarians.
Fuck everything about this mentality.  Rabid Christians/Muslims commit suicide bombings and kill abortion doctors.  Rabid atheists campaign to have banners removed and act like smug assholes on the internet.
Those are extremists... By that mentality you could say there have been atheist serial killers that killed people because they didn't think there was a point to life.

People do fucked up things, you can't hold entire groups accountable for the actions of a few, unless the entire group is dedicated to those actions...

Catholics and Protestants in Ireland don't equate to Catholics and Protestants everywhere in the world.
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Wreckognize wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Those are extremists... By that mentality you could say there have been atheist serial killers that killed people because they didn't think there was a point to life.

People do fucked up things, you can't hold entire groups accountable for the actions of a few, unless the entire group is dedicated to those actions...

Catholics and Protestants in Ireland don't equate to Catholics and Protestants everywhere in the world.
I think the point he is making is that there have been and will continue to be countless times that people do fucked up shit in the name of religion, whereas no one does fucked up stuff in the name of atheism, that just doesn't make sense. Atheism doesn't have strange interpretations from fringe groups or cults. To be fair of course people that do fucked up shit aren't right in the head and within a religious group as a whole (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinud etc), but also tend to use religion as an excuse or motivator.

Serial killers can be of any stripe of religion or be atheist, because psychopathy is an extremely rare mental condition.

Also, I lol'd

https://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c114612/images/2009/victor-stenger-bus.jpg

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-02-01 12:49:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard