Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Weeks after a judge ordered the removal of a prayer banner at a Rhode Island school, the atheist teen at the center of the controversy continues to receive threats as the school board decides its next move.

Since 2010, Jessica Ahlquist had been urging school officials to remove the banner from the auditorium at Cranston High School West.

The 8-foot banner features a prayer a student wrote in 1963 -- a prayer some consider part of the school's history.

On Jan. 11, federal judge Ronald R. Lagueux ruled it was unconstitutional for the banner to hang at the public school, The New York Times reports.

But the fight to remove the banner has come with consequences for the teen.

Ahlquist has encountered online threats and bullying and has even taken some time off from school, WPRO News reports.

Nevertheless, the 16-year-old says she plans on graduating from Cranston West next year.
How is prayer banner is so terrible you must make this big of a deal about it? I'm pretty vehemently opposed to religion and am extremely critical of many Christian ideals. Despite that I'm not at all bothered by religious symbols. Religious people talking to me doesn't bother me either. Maybe I'm strange.

So could anyone here convince me that the little kid wasn't totally asking for it?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

attention whore
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5743|شمال

SEREMAKER wrote:

attention whore
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum

Beduin wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

attention whore
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
HudsonFalcon
+20|5924|New York
If she ever has sex I guarantee she screams "Oh God."  Hypocrites.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

How is prayer banner is so terrible you must make this big of a deal about it? I'm pretty vehemently opposed to religion and am extremely critical of many Christian ideals. Despite that I'm not at all bothered by religious symbols. Religious people talking to me doesn't bother me either. Maybe I'm strange.

So could anyone here convince me that the little kid wasn't totally asking for it?
How is the removal of a prayer banner so terrible that Christians must actively harass someone who objected to their ideals being stuffed down her throat in the form of propaganda?

e: Third edit!
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom
religous shit bothers me
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom
some bimbo at the new job out of the blue told some other chick something like "trust in the lord and all things are good" or something.  out of the blue.  the conversation had nothing to do with anything remotely troublesome or worrying.  that same bimbo asked me for a ride two days later because we were going he same way and i said no
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom
this christian girl is also 22 with three children and was talking about asking her friends for a quick sitter for 30 bucks so she could go get drunka t the club
Tu Stultus Es
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

eleven bravo wrote:

this christian girl is also 22 with three children and was talking about asking her friends for a quick sitter for 30 bucks so she could go get drunka t the club
Trust in the lord and she'll find a trustworthy sitter for 30 bucks.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom
i think its terribly irresponsible for a single mother of three to find a last minute baby sitter just so she could get drunk in the club and probably end up with another kid
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

is she hot?
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

freedom of speech, freedom to accept the consequences
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom
she was asian.  very fuckable but the second a bitch starts talking about jesus my wee wee goes limp
Tu Stultus Es
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Korean? I can't go into the Asian market without getting handed a flier from one of their churches.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom
well she just moved from alaska but ig ot the impression that she was originally from LA so i dont know
Tu Stultus Es
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5992|...
sounds like a real crazy
inane little opines
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.

HudsonFalcon wrote:

If she ever has sex I guarantee she screams "Oh God."  Hypocrites.
Erm
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5958|London, England

just let it go jord, hes not worth it
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6146|what

Macbeth wrote:

How is prayer banner is so terrible you must make this big of a deal about it?
I know right. It's just the constitution, who cares?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6099|eXtreme to the maX

Macbeth wrote:

Weeks after a judge ordered the removal of a prayer banner at a Rhode Island school, the atheist teen at the center of the controversy continues to receive threats as the school board decides its next move.

Since 2010, Jessica Ahlquist had been urging school officials to remove the banner from the auditorium at Cranston High School West.

The 8-foot banner features a prayer a student wrote in 1963 -- a prayer some consider part of the school's history.

On Jan. 11, federal judge Ronald R. Lagueux ruled it was unconstitutional for the banner to hang at the public school, The New York Times reports.

But the fight to remove the banner has come with consequences for the teen.

Ahlquist has encountered online threats and bullying and has even taken some time off from school, WPRO News reports.

Nevertheless, the 16-year-old says she plans on graduating from Cranston West next year.

Maybe he is an attention whore, then again religious nutballs breaking constitutional law and the creeping of religion into schools and government is a serious issue.

That religious fruitcakes are now harassing this kid because he prevented them 'shitting on the constitution' so to speak says volumes about them and not him.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-01-28 20:24:21)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6707|US

Macbeth wrote:

Yeah, I don't get why people get so pissed off about things that are not intended to be offensive or exclusionary (I don't know if this particular case was.)  I also am frustrated that religious people are so violently angry at the people who complain.  It's a sign.  It's not worth threatening people!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California
Aren't atheists the people always preaching tolerance?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
CC-Marley
+407|6821

SEREMAKER wrote:

whore
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6683|Tampa Bay Florida

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Aren't atheists the people always preaching tolerance?
How'd you like it if there was a "God is dead" banner for everyone to see at your school?

Good god...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard