Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6628|New Hampshire, USA
I'm admittedly not big into politics although I would like to be.  That being said, this video, which I saw in my Understanding Terrorism course today, really does make quite a few good points as seen from a different view.  I'd have to imagine this is how the rest of the world has seen the American occupation overseas all along, not that I've ever been completely blind to what's happened.  Although the commercial is a little over dramatic, I think it hits a good point home.

I apologize if this has been posted in one of the 100000000 Ron Paul threads already, I can't be arsed to manually search through them all (although i did do a broad search)
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina
Great video...   It really sums up the problems with our interventionism.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713
what if those governments wanted american troops to be there
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
you trying to say that this 2 minute and 47 second long youtube video changed your opinion about american foreign policy so drastically?  ok.
Tu Stultus Es
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

eleven bravo wrote:

you trying to say that this 2 minute and 47 second long youtube video changed your opinion about american foreign policy so drastically?  ok.
If it sparks curiosity what's so bad about it? Perhaps people will seek out more information, and that's usually not a bad thing
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
it reminds me of all the idiots in class who were quick to raise their hands to tell the professor how watching city of god changed their entire outlook on poverty.  if something so brief and obviously tailored as propaganda is able to change your opinion about something then perhaps that opinion shouldnt be changed.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
i mean all it takes is a little common sense to know people in other countries dont want to be told what to do by bigger countries.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
if a less than 3 minute video is able to open your eyes on something that has been at the core of debate over american foreign policy since the beginning of america, i dont know man, i guess my incredibly low opinion on the intellect of the average american needs to be taken down some notches
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
I just ate a slice of pizza.  Italy is a beautiful country
Tu Stultus Es
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

some people don't think about it.  foreign policy isn't interesting to a lot of  people.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Anyone ever wonder why Obama "changed his mind" about early withdrawal in the first place? Like, could there be something the public doesn't know?
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6628|New Hampshire, USA
I never said it changed my entire outlook. I merely said I thought it was an interesting video that stated good points from a different point of view.  Although it must be hard to hear me all the way up there on your pedestal, Bravo

Last edited by Eagle (2012-01-24 17:44:22)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
different point of view? ok.
Tu Stultus Es
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6668|UK
yeah get off your high horse bravo you noob.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
ive earned this spot
Tu Stultus Es
m3thod
+2,197|6668|UK
i bet its a noob brown horse too.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
i just really hate ron paul.  he appeals to idiots.  not calling you an idiot eagle.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
only people worse than paul fans are larouche fans but only separated by a degree or two of douchbagginess
Tu Stultus Es
m3thod
+2,197|6668|UK
atg is really peddling ron paul on facebook haha
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom

eleven bravo wrote:

he appeals to idiots.
Tu Stultus Es
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

people want something new.  they want to hear candidates talk about stuff other than what the mainstream (for lack of a better descriptor) people talk about.  Of course people are going to latch on to that.  Its why Ross Perot and Jesse Ventura and Ralph Nader were popular when they tried to break into the race.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
ralph naders my cousin
Tu Stultus Es
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin
This is why Ron Paul can suck it.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5996|Vortex Ring State

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Anyone ever wonder why Obama "changed his mind" about early withdrawal in the first place? Like, could there be something the public doesn't know?
maybe cause Robert Gates didn't want his masterpiece policy to be touched.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida
Why do people falsely assume Obama said he would pull troops out of Afghanistan?  He said all along, he'd get out of Iraq and double down on Afghanistan and even go into Pakistan to kill al-Qaeda (which he was criticized for on the campaign trail).

I don't believe it's the right strategy but it's funny how people cannot make a TV ad without referring to him.  Kind of like Bush back in the day.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard