Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5715|College Park, MD
well then an M3 or a high-end Mustang or some Mercedes AMG
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
tuckergustav
+1,590|5927|...

Jay wrote:

despise hatchbacks. don't understand the appeal at all. if you need that much trunk space buy an suv
For us it is a practical option.  Smaller and better on gas, but we can still have our moose of a dog hop in the back.  We have an SUV already...we need a 2nd car that has the same features with less gas consumption.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

FatherTed wrote:

not really sure i'd call any modern mustang a sports car either
the Shelby GT500 is noice
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5599

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

How about a Porsche? Mercedes are boring.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5371|London, England

tuckergustav wrote:

Jay wrote:

despise hatchbacks. don't understand the appeal at all. if you need that much trunk space buy an suv
For us it is a practical option.  Smaller and better on gas, but we can still have our moose of a dog hop in the back.  We have an SUV already...we need a 2nd car that has the same features with less gas consumption.
Too bad station wagons went extinct
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6513|so randum

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

still looks trashy
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6418|North Carolina

Macbeth wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Jay wrote:

then buy a sports car?
$$$

ideally I will one day own an M3 or a Corvette or a high-end Mustang.
Corvettes aren't worth it.
I might drive a GM made car, and usually, GM isn't very good, but...   Corvettes are their flagship.

You get more bang for your buck with Corvettes than any other true sports car.  If I had the money, I'd buy one.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5927|...

Jay wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

Jay wrote:

Actually, what we have now is technically classed as a station wagon.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

tuckergustav wrote:

Jay wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

Don't you have like seven kids? Get a minivan!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Macbeth wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

for some reason I always forget about Porsche, but they're great cars.
Turquoise
O Canada

FatherTed wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

still looks trashy
The GT and the Saleen are beasts though.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5927|...

Jay wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

Jay wrote:

Don't you have like seven kids? Get a minivan!
ha...no and no.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Saleen went out of business
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6513|so randum
which is a shame, because the S7 was a good american sports car.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Indeed.

If you want performance though, fuck a car, get a bike.
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada

Jay wrote:

Saleen went out of business
It did, but they made some awesome cars.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6723|Oklahoma City

tuckergustav wrote:

B's family is an auto working fam(on both his Mom's and Dad's side).  So, it's quietly frowned upon to buy non GM or Ford.  But, the great thing is we all get decent deals on new cars. 

We have recently been looking into our options on new cars.  We need something small, dependable and good on gas.  Our "best" option is the Focus...hmmm.
I think that is a lot of the reason for the attitude here. We had a major GM plant and everyone was related to someone that worked there.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6401|New York

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

for some reason I always forget about Porsche, but they're great cars.
I love Porches. They seem more understated and subtle than the other sports cars out there.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|5076
Bring back the AMC Gremlin!!!!
HITNRUNXX
+220|6723|Oklahoma City

-Sh1fty- wrote:

screw that

they can't be that expensive. The one in that picture is 8 years old. Wonder how it would run...

Newer models on craiglist are under 15k
Good luck with that... Ebay Motors, Autotraders, and craigslist and I couldn't find one under like $20K... And that was for a 7 or 8 year old with 150K miles... Now I remember why I didn't buy one before... I don't buy new cars, and I refuse to pay the same price for a used as what I could buy a new for...

These things hold their value better than any car I have ever seen...

Even the dealerships around here have a brand new one for $26,998 and a 2 year old used one with one or two more small features, and 30K miles sitting right next to it for the exact same price. That is insane.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6723|Oklahoma City

tuckergustav wrote:

Jay wrote:

Same for me... Want to be able to take the dog for a drive with the family, so I interested in a hatchback... BUT, we will probably just keep the explorer around for that. I don't know yet.
rdx-fx
+955|6604
Just..  No parking white Toyota SR5 (hilux) in the VA clinic outpatient parking lot
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6745|Cambridge, England

Turquoise wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

$$$

ideally I will one day own an M3 or a Corvette or a high-end Mustang.
Corvettes aren't worth it.
I might drive a GM made car, and usually, GM isn't very good, but...   Corvettes are their flagship.

You get more bang for your buck with Corvettes than any other true sports car.  If I had the money, I'd buy one.
A vauxhall / Holden Monaro gives it a pretty good run for its money

HITNRUNXX wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

screw that

they can't be that expensive. The one in that picture is 8 years old. Wonder how it would run...

Newer models on craiglist are under 15k
Good luck with that... Ebay Motors, Autotraders, and craigslist and I couldn't find one under like $20K... And that was for a 7 or 8 year old with 150K miles... Now I remember why I didn't buy one before... I don't buy new cars, and I refuse to pay the same price for a used as what I could buy a new for...

These things hold their value better than any car I have ever seen...

Even the dealerships around here have a brand new one for $26,998 and a 2 year old used one with one or two more small features, and 30K miles sitting right next to it for the exact same price. That is insane.
They're about £4k here or $3k to you guys :p

Its funny US cars cost a fortune here but across the pond everything else costs a fortune. Suppose thats why US cars are more popular in US, apart from the obvious reasons lol.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6750|Oxferd Ohire
european cars dont cost a fortune. around here there are few because there are few euro dealers besides merc/porsche/bmw/audi and the cheaper companies.

also the monaro is uggly
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6680

Jay wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

Jay wrote:

Ahem...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard