Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium
Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited

Impreza WRX:
Impreza WRX
Impreza WRX Premium
Impreza WRX Limited
Impreza WRX STi
Impreza WRX STi Limited

The primary difference between the non-WRX and the WRX is the Turbo Charger. The rest are just packages.

This was not always the case though.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
Does that go for both the hatchback and the sedan?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Lord only knows how much it'd be for a young driver. I did a quote when I was 18 for a fucking Honda Civic and it was like $190/mo with collision and comprehensive. But I'd also gotten into a car crash recently. I have had a clean driving record since then...
It'll be double that for a male under 25 in a modded sports car.

Hence why I suggest he gets a cheap, boring, reliable, economical car for his first. You'll be a better driver for it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

8k isn't too bad to pay off. Saving that would be hell though. I was going to get a $1500/month job but decided to go back to school for the military. Having taken that, if I lived with my mom and sisters as I still do now I would have made a total of $9000 instead of the $1000 I've made at my crappy job so far. Would have had an impreza now! damnit
You're thinking of taking out a loan to buy a flash car which is eight times more expensive than you really need to pay, about four times faster then is sensible for you, will cost more to run and insure than you currently earn when you're joining the military and its going to be parked for years at a time?

Someone help me here.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney
Having a cheap, reliable car that gets you from A-B, giving you both freedom and money to spare (like take girls to nice places, hang out with mates etc) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Having a flashy car and having no money to actually do anything interesting.
rdx-fx
+955|6592

Dilbert_X wrote:

Someone help me here.
A car is a device to get you from point A to point B.
Reliably, safely, and efficiently, if at all possible.

If you are in DPRC (Democratic People's Republic of Californication), you do not need a turbo, you do not need AWD/4WD.

If you are young, and have a limited income, you need an inexpensive car that is reliable, fuel efficient, cheap to insure, and common enough that parts are cheap and plentiful.
Like a Honda Civic or such.

For me, my car payment, insurance, gas, and routine maintenance for my Subaru WRX is less than 15% of my net monthly income.
Even as an Army Private, my total monthly vehicle costs were never more than 25% of my net monthly income.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5037|Massachusetts, USA
Drive cheap when young. I have. A 1999 buick century. Good gas mileage, good legroom (very important for me), decent gas mileage and i only paid 2gs for it. Has 70k miles on it.

Suggesting a honda civic to everyone works if everyone is the same size. I cant fit into 90% of japanese and alot of american and european vehiclea (luxury cars are good, except for japanese luxury. Short bastards.)

Let shifty make the poor decision. At least he will learn from the mistake of buying a 8000$ car at his age.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
rdx-fx
+955|6592

UnkleRukus wrote:

Let shifty make the poor decision. At least he will learn from the mistake of buying a 8000$ car at his age.
I'm not much into Schadenfreude
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD
i would like to schaden your freude
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
rdx-fx
+955|6592

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

i would like to schaden your freude
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/12/Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg/200px-Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California

rdx-fx wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

I'm not much into Schadenfreude
It's not going to be my first car. How many times do I have to say that?! I said that I could have afforded it when you guys said I couldn't, but that was assuming I had taken a different path a few months ago, and I mentioned pages back that my first car is probably going to be this Ford Focus for 3.5k that I found nearby. If I can get into the military within the next few months I won't even get a car.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Does that go for both the hatchback and the sedan?
Yes, they call them the 4-door and the 5-door model.

Last edited by HITNRUNXX (2012-01-16 16:28:55)

HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City

UnkleRukus wrote:

Drive cheap when young. I have. A 1999 buick century. Good gas mileage, good legroom (very important for me), decent gas mileage and i only paid 2gs for it. Has 70k miles on it.

Suggesting a honda civic to everyone works if everyone is the same size. I cant fit into 90% of japanese and alot of american and european vehiclea (luxury cars are good, except for japanese luxury. Short bastards.)

1) I don't know about the late 90s Buicks, but for some reason those late 80s - early 90s Buicks last FOREVER. My wife had one of those with about 280K miles on it (1992 Buick Roadmaster). It was falling apart from age when we got rid of it, but the engine/drivetrain was still running awesome. It was things like seat springs, seat belt retractor, etc that was falling apart... Mostly interior.

My friend is driving a 1988 Buick with about 300K miles on it still... His paint wore off and the driver's door fell off one day (They said from just being opened and closed so much...) But no drivetrain issues whatsoever.

I am that trend lasted into the late 90s models and your will last like that... But I think they stopped around 97, when the GM engines started using Dexcool and cork intake gaskets...

2) This is America... If we let Shifty make poor decisions, we will just be paying for them out of our tax money later. Instead, I say he gives me all his money and I will manage it for him, you know, to help.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

in light of the direction this thread has taken, my car has shitted on me and i'm faced with the decision of dumping money into it on a new transmission or selling it as is and buying a new car. As much as I like not having a car payment, i don't really feel like dumping money into my car for the next two years.  I'd rather just sell it and buy a new one.  With that being said, recommend me a car.  My budget is $25k firm, so anything from there and below works.  No trucks, other than that I am completely open to suggestions, whether it is new or used.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
ive been in the same situation since october.  i miss my car though and im going to fix it.
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
Just get an Accord or something. Boring, but functional
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

our accord had more problems than any of the other 5 or so cars i can remember us having
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
parents acura has had a lot of problems
tl, before it got fat and ugly
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard