aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5744|Roma
What's your favorite map?

Mine is Bazaar, its open and has a nice choke point in the alleyway.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

Sharqi
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459
Anything except Metro or Damavand is pretty good. Bazaar and Karkand can be pretty bad under the certain circumstances though.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2011-12-20 14:55:12)

aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5744|Roma
Oh and Firestorm, I fucking love that map.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4959|Dundee, Scotland.

aerodynamic wrote:

Firestorm, I fucking love that map.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6563

i like Seine Crossing, enjoyed playing on that one
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5465|Ventura, California
Conquest, Rush, TDM, SDM, or Conquest Assault here? Because  the maps differ for each game mode.

My all time favorite is Rush, Damavand Peak, but I rarely play rush. My favorite Conquest map is most definitely Kharg Island for vehicles, and Seine Crossing for infantry.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6685|Howell, Mi USA
I like all the maps honestly. And i love the new bf2 maps, cant get enough. Lol
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Actually, the only map I dislike is Tehran Highway, but on Conquest. I like the Rush version.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

Nosehair Canals

Actually Seine Crossing or Caspian Border
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6662|UK
none.  they're either average or astounding poorly thought out linear wankfests.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5690

m3thod wrote:

none.  they're either average or astounding poorly thought out linear wankfests.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5500|America
At least Caspian's not linear. Pretty good map overall.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5675|SQUID
Metro or Seine
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6662|UK

Blade4509 wrote:

At least Caspian's not linear. Pretty good map overall.
instead of linear they just mash all the flags together, inspirational map design.

not to mention you cant see dick and have to consult the mini map like you've got Parkinsons.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459
I too would prefer if it took days to walk between flags. Inf should be forced to hang around flags and jerk off instead of being able to actually do shit without a vehicle.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5500|America
Yeah might as well make them all night maps too. I'd hate for people to have to squint at the sun or reflections.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
I like Caspian Border because I can disappear.
GeoEnvi
+22|6678|Philadelphia, PA

Superior Mind wrote:

I like Caspian Border because I can disappear.
You can't hide from Thermal Targeting Optics on a heli.  I'll find you.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
Don't really have a favourite, I just know I hate Metro and Damavand Peak. The rest are ok here and then, Tehran Highway can be crap more often than not. Karkand maps are good, not a fan of Oman though, too easy for Russians. Wake, Karkand and Sharqi play quite similar to BF2.

I think alot of the maps are too Industrial/Bland for my liking, there's no interesting and varied set pieces like you had in BC2. The Parisian maps feel out of place, and even then aren't particularly interesting in any way.
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
Davamand peak is probbaly the best rush map.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

jord wrote:

this
thepilot91
+64|6227|Åland!

jord wrote:

it's a shame there's so many fucking mongs camping or doing just nothing in rush tho... I really enjoy rush when playing with non-mentally-handicapped people tho
metro, yo
GeoEnvi
+22|6678|Philadelphia, PA
General: I'd have to go with Firestorm or Caspian.  Best mix of infantry and vehicular combat.
IO: Seine or Bazaar.

I disagree with a few previous posts. 

Damavand is not the best Rush map in BF3.  It might be the worst.  It's all downhill for the Attacking team.  Remember Valparaiso from BC2? THAT was a great rush map.  Part down hill, part uphill.  Both teams had a chance to have the high ground. Both had the chance to rush uphill into a lead rain. Tehran and Kharg are probably the best laid out Rush maps in BF3 vanilla.

Wake does NOT play like BF2, at least on the 24p conquest assault console maps.  Instead of it being slanted in favor of PLA/RUS or playing even, Wake is almost always in favor of US.  You used to have to EARN a foothold on Wake by 'hawking in or bailing out of a jet to cap a point flag.  There were many rounds where the J10s, PLA heli, and transport 50 cals kept ANY transport from hitting shore. Now you are given TWO spawn points at the island tips WITH vehicles.  It used to be a LOOONG walk to the first camps, now you get a ride.  Not only does attacking team get a starting foothold it also gets 50 tickets to start!  IME, attacking team wins 90% of the time.

Still, I love Wake for chopper action.  Clear views of the whole island from anywhere, places to run and hide from AA, denuded landscapes. Attack heli dream.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard