-|TS|-owNzu7
+6|6421
the SVD is by FAR the most deadly weapon in the entire game. (besides vehicles of course)

Also about stealth sniping. I have mastered my flick shot and can (90% of the time) kill a player close range with m24, m95, or l96a1.  all it takes is one shot and if you've mastered the shot you own.

back to the point tho, the SVD is powerful, very accurate, and has a high rate of fire. ten shots, ten kills.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6687|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
dude 45-20 isnt that hard to get, get some skillz?
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6461|behind my rifle

AudioAtomica wrote:

ts-pulsar wrote:

Rule of thumb, don't try to aim for the head unless they are perfectly still, it takes up more time than it would take to just shoot three shots on the chest.

WTF are you serious. The SVD is headshotting MACHINE. ALWAYS aim for the head ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS. Only tards wast a whole clip on 1 or 2 guys, when I can waste it on 8.
touché, lol jk anywaze you have a point
ethrion
+25|6396|Hong Kong @ the moment

11sog_raider wrote:

AudioAtomica wrote:

ts-pulsar wrote:

Rule of thumb, don't try to aim for the head unless they are perfectly still, it takes up more time than it would take to just shoot three shots on the chest.

WTF are you serious. The SVD is headshotting MACHINE. ALWAYS aim for the head ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS. Only tards wast a whole clip on 1 or 2 guys, when I can waste it on 8.
touché, lol jk anywaze you have a point
Always go for the head. It takes a little more skill to aim/hit but you'll reap the benefits once you get the hang of it.

With the L96A1, if you can zoom and hit at close range then swap to pistol to finish them off, it becomes a very effective weapon at closer range.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

-|TS|-owNzu7 wrote:

Also about stealth sniping. I have mastered my flick shot and can (90% of the time) kill a player close range with m24, m95, or l96a1.  all it takes is one shot and if you've mastered the shot you own.
I guess we'll just have to take your word for that eh?
http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?page … t=77703196
ethrion

Todd_Angelo wrote:

-|TS|-owNzu7 wrote:

I guess we'll just have to take your word for that eh?
http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?page … t=77703196
Me thinks their account has been reset or it's a new account. Seeing as they only have 6 points overall.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6503|Valley of the Dragons

MrE`158 wrote:

... In a case like that, someone good at quick-shotting will win, since the SVD's 40 damage is more than enough to get a one-hit-kill via headshot, ...
The Semi's (SVD/Type88) do 45 damage per round on unarmored targets and 29.7 damage per round on armored targets.

The M24 & L96A1 do 95 damage per round on unarmored targets and 62.7 damage per round on armored targets.

The M95 does 95 damage per round on both unarmored & armored targets.

Headshots are always triple the base damage (unarmored damage column). Semi's would do 135 damage and the Bolts would do 285 damage to the head. Or in other words headshots are instakill.

Source: BF2 Weapons Chart - [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1

Last edited by Jemme101 (2007-03-26 02:37:34)

Barrakuda777
+86|6738|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Only recently discovered the joy of the SVD.

It can feel like your cheating when you string 4-5 headshots in 10 seconds though.... especially when you still have 6 shots in your mag afterwards

I still prefer the m24, even for CQB. Seems to have a better hitreg on headshots to me or maybee its the fact i have like 800hrs on the m24 / l96

(disclaimer 800hrs is a complete guess - I have no idea how many hours I have as sniper let alone with a particular rifle!)

Kooda

P.S. If you wanna get accused of hacking, kick some ass with the SVD.... its a guaranteed hackusation machine.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6393|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
lol put any sniper rifle smack bang in anyones ear (or another hole) unscoped and there is still a chance you can miss because its so inacurate unscoped so its a hax
el capitan
+11|6533

Erwin_Rommel188 wrote:

I wonder ... could putting physical crosshairs on your computer screen allow you to shoot from the hip like that?

Anyway, it could be a hack.  It's hard to prove though.
I have tape stuck on my screen with a black dot on it.

Now people are saying noob... but they are the ones who were in the chopper i shot down raping on sharqi with a no-scope from my rocket launcher.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6465|A W S M F O X
SVD is the best sniper rifle in the game, but it also takes the most learning time to fully master. Now what that guy was doing does seem a bit sus, but 45-25 is nothing hAx, nothing hAx at all.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

el capitan wrote:

I have tape stuck on my screen with a black dot on it.

Now people are saying noob...
Not me. It's not like there's a rule against it.

JET_G raidensen wrote:

SVD is the best sniper rifle in the game...
Yes, because of course opinion = fact
Drexel
+43|6478|Philadelphia
I'm not going to render my opinion if this guy's a hacker or not.  I'd have to see it myself to decide.  But the most used weapon for the aim-bot is the SVD, So whenever I see Multiple kills with it in a very short period of time, I get suspicious.  He could also be just that good, or just outsmarting you really bad, I can't make that judgment without seeing the incident unfold.
obstacle02
+3|6518

senor_fulff wrote:

oh and the SVD does lick balls.... as does the M95..... M24 or L96A1 all the way!!!!
only if you're not a city sniper, which you obviously aren't.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida
Man i love the SVD. Its a damn fine gun.
15 more years! 15 more years!
ethrion

obstacle02 wrote:

senor_fulff wrote:

oh and the SVD does lick balls.... as does the M95..... M24 or L96A1 all the way!!!!
Its a lot harder to be a sniper in a city with an M24 or L96A1 but its still great to use once you master it. Take the shot and then swap to pistol to finish them off - offensive sniping.
AudioAtomica
+53|6252

ethrion wrote:

obstacle02 wrote:

senor_fulff wrote:

Its a lot harder to be a sniper in a city with an M24 or L96A1 but its still great to use once you master it. Take the shot and then swap to pistol to finish them off - offensive sniping.
Swapping to pistol is lame. A good sniper wouldn't waste his/her time they'd just headshot.
ethrion

AudioAtomica wrote:

ethrion wrote:

obstacle02 wrote:

Swapping to pistol is lame. A good sniper wouldn't waste his/her time they'd just headshot.
Well yes obviously go for the head shot above all else without a doubt. But when your down the end of a short street and youve hit him but he's still running what are you gonna do? waste 4.5 seconds reloading and re-zooming (by which time your dead) or swap to pistol to take him down. Swap to pistol in situations where you'll be screwed if you dont. But yes best way to avoid those situations is to head shot them first time.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6292|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

AudioAtomica wrote:

ethrion wrote:

obstacle02 wrote:

Yes, but not all of us are leet WOoKie snipers.

Sorry.

Last edited by cowami (2007-03-27 20:25:49)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6740|Great Wall

AudioAtomica wrote:

I like to read such rubbish.. It amuses me really
So you want to say you always in 100% of your precious shots hit heads (which = aimbot obviously)... or you are lame.. ? Or is there anything else you put yourself? I can imagine what happens when (oops) you miss head and a guy treats you with AK at close range while you're reloading your precious crap M24 (L96A1).. hmm.. pathetic

Is there anything else what good sniper does? I'd like to know
ethrion

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

AudioAtomica wrote:

I like to read such rubbish.. It amuses me really
So you want to say you always in 100% of your precious shots hit heads (which = aimbot obviously)... or you are lame.. ? Or is there anything else you put yourself? I can imagine what happens when (oops) you miss head and a guy treats you with AK at close range while you're reloading your precious crap M24 (L96A1).. hmm.. pathetic

Is there anything else what good sniper does? I'd like to know
Maybe a good sniper doesnt use claymores or if he does he leaves them in places that will more likely kill his team mates than the enemy...

Not swapping FTL!
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

ethrion wrote:

Its a lot harder to be a sniper in a city with an M24 or L96A1...
I don't think so, that's really only if you rock with the SVD (especially given than 90% of your targets are going to medi... unarmoured classes). I'm not great with the SVD, practicing though, and like any half-decent bolt-action user I do okay with the M24, M95 or L96A1.

ethrion wrote:

...but its still great to use once you master it. Take the shot and then swap to pistol to finish them off - offensive sniping.
Agreed. That's one of the things having a pistol is for.

AudioAtomica wrote:

Swapping to pistol is lame.
Negatory.

AudioAtomica wrote:

A good sniper wouldn't waste his/her time they'd just headshot.
*cough* Because of course we're all so accurate we never miss headshots.

Different styles of play for different guys dude. Remember we're not all young and fast, some of us are old and slow.
Barrakuda777
+86|6738|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Pistols are vital.

If you close range snipe and use a bolt action you need to be intimately aware of your 2 key. Missing asside, if you dust someone a double tap to the head with the 92 is essential (unless your up against complete nubbins...)

Kooda
ethrion

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Pistols are vital.

If you close range snipe and use a bolt action you need to be intimately aware of your 2 key. Missing asside, if you dust someone a double tap to the head with the 92 is essential (unless your up against complete nubbins...)

Kooda
The 2 key? 1337 players *cough* buy a mouse with more buttons on it and bind the pistol and knife keys to the mouse as well!

But agreed - pistol swap = vital.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.

AudioAtomica wrote:

ethrion wrote:

obstacle02 wrote:

Uhm, right. Sometimes you dont have the time to line up a headshot. Sometimes you must body shot. Like if someone is bunny hopping around, headshots are generally just luck, and i go for body shot + pistol. And if i get surprised at 10 meters by someone with an AK-101, i'll center them i'm my screen as much as possible, then zoom and fire as quick as possible. Pistol to finish him off.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard