thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
there are already tank and jet threads so I thought I'd create a heli thread

anyone tried the TV-missiles after the patch?

they are both buffed and nerfed , sort of a berf 

1: shorter range (still ok)
2: does no longer hit and kill your own chopper (obvious fix)
3: are incredibly hard to steer, atleast If you ask me ...it's like having mouse input lags takes 0,5-1 second before it responds to given "movement command" really horrible
4: does hit choppers and jets!!!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I need tips on how to stay alive. What worked in BF2 does not work at all in BF3, so I'm completely lost. Helicopters were my most-loved vehicle, and here they're my most-hated.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
fly high to take out enemy heli

then go back to flying low

use cover a lot more than in bf2 to break aa signitures

steal enemy heli early on so you dont need to keep fighting it
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

mtb0minime wrote:

I need tips on how to stay alive. What worked in BF2 does not work at all in BF3, so I'm completely lost. Helicopters were my most-loved vehicle, and here they're my most-hated.
get skill noob
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Lipschitz
+1|4496|Upstate New York
^Pretty much what Jord said.

The players I've seen stay alive the longest and have success on the battlefield orbit at height and swoop in at steep angles to attack their targets.  Once low they use the terrain to break locks until they can get some distance from the fight and regain altitude.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

mtb0minime wrote:

I use a pretty passive tactic most of the time (assuing: solo and TV missiles / bad gunner who can't hit shit) , go high dive down on target with no throttle/"brake" (w/s) fire all missiles , reaload , if not fired upon same thing again , assuming you can aim /have guided rockets that'll get anything killed .

when locked on (if you don't know what and where it is) wait for the "missile aproaching tone" and release flares press c/ look around try to locate where the missile is coming from while backing/diving towards nearest " out of map zone"  if it's :

A: inf I usually don't care much , just avoid going near for a while and he'll give up , otherwise engage (assuming it won't get you killed by something else)

B:Mobile-AA : (2 missiles) and most often some gun shots , get out of locking range asap ( diving with the chopper tilted to one side seems to be the fastest way to descend, without crashing ) make sure the AA can't see you / looking(shooting) at something else approach at low altitude below treelines/other "cover" and get those 14 rocket dildos up his ass that'll get it badly damaged , usually the bail because they cant see through their own smoke coming out the rear end when disabled = easy kill. or he'll stay in it shooting wildly  , anyhow just spin around and fire another burst and You'll get atleast the AA before he gets you
(this is If you dont have guided rockets/ TV-missiles/ decent gunner, In any of those cases you'll most likely be able to kill it from a rather safe distance)

edit : sorry for the bad english
C: jets : if it's just a random noob dunno whats he's doing , just repair and don't mind, altho more skilled jet pilots mow down unaware choppers like nothing , so always watch out for jets , and only engage If it's a threat there's no use locking on to jets all the time since you'll only atract attention and you'll get more points from killing gruond targets , anyhow : if jets are consistantly shooting at you , there's not much else to do than moving around alot (diving like explained earlier in the text) and spraying AA missiles/ dumb rockets whenever possible .
altho if you have a somewhat decent gunner he'll take down a jet (close by) easily.

but the best and most importiant tip/lesson is BE ENGINEER and repair as soon as possible when disabled (/damaged in HC)

I don't quite know exactely it is you want to know flying/shooting/tacticts , so these are just some minor tips I use everytime I go in the choppah

Last edited by thepilot91 (2011-12-07 10:00:25)

aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma
I hate the havoc so much, handles like a fucking pregnant cow.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Helis own me in armor now. They buffed the missiles and guns.

Heli's and Jets are the only aspects of this game I'm a complete noob in.

I got my first helicopter kill against Canin yesterday in the bf3s server after 110+ hours of gameplay lol. And I have no jet kills.
jord
i've noticed that as long as you hit the ground with the bottom of the heli it doesn't damage. which is good because you dont want to go to repair and then land quite slowly and take more damage. but its hilarious how fast you can smash into the ground upright and not take damage.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
you can smash into just about anything as long as nothing hits the sides. you can ram clean through concrete walls and take no damage if you do it right

ive bounced jets off of the ground a few times as well

this game has weird vehicle physics
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
jord

Lucien wrote:

this game has weird vehicle physics
this x10
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Better than tanks taking damage from small bumps.  I love going full throttle with tanks over hills.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
seems like everyone is waaay less observantthan me I went groundsurfing with planes alot in the beta
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I like when people try to solo in the chopper. The fact that it falls from the sky like broken bird makes it so incredibly easy to kill with a smaw/stationary AT
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I like when people try to solo in the chopper. The fact that it falls from the sky like broken bird makes it so incredibly easy to kill with a smaw/stationary AT
I got mah TV missilah come at me brah
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

the second clip got longer than I thought lol, and I'm not colour blind

Last edited by thepilot91 (2011-12-07 10:44:24)

hocSiciliano
+6|4523|New York

thepilot91 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YYxMrEp … AAAAAAAAAA

So, did you kill that jet at the end?! How you gonna leave me in suspense like that! haha.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

like broken bird
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

hocSiciliano wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

So, did you kill that jet at the end?! How you gonna leave me in suspense like that! haha.
lol no , not that round but

|
  v

Last edited by thepilot91 (2011-12-07 12:03:12)

gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
n1. cant wait to try this shit
Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6297|Brussels, Belgium
I'm not a pr0 at heli flying but the best way to practice and get used to flying the thing is to play the co-op mission "Fire from the sky" until you get the hang of it.

It's clearly not as dangerous as MP but you'll crash a lot less, and it is also a good way to practice at shooting the rockets.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png
hocSiciliano
+6|4523|New York

thepilot91 wrote:

hocSiciliano wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

lol no , not that round but

|
  v
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2TH5mtt … tube_gdata
haha nice shot! thats sick.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6684|US
So, they took the lag out of the missile impact, then?
SWEET!
Flawless
Rage
+7|4625|North Carolina

RAIMIUS wrote:

SWEET!
But added lag when guiding it.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma

Jimbob23 wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

SWEET!
But added lag when guiding it.
yeah its sooo fuckign annoying.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard