unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6792|PNW

Can't be worse than Dungeon Siege 2.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6796|Moscow, Russia
among digital distribution, demo versions and sales on steam and other such resources i think piracy apologists have no leg to stay on anymore. i own nearly a hundred on steam alone and paid $10-15 for most. if you won't pay that - you are a cheap bastard, not a pirate.

Last edited by Shahter (2011-11-30 23:52:40)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6796|Moscow, Russia

_j5689_ wrote:

cba to read the 1st and 2nd page, but didn't this game suck like really bad for the gameplay to the point where every fight is about 5 minutes of indirect combat and acrobatics?
no. when i was playing it it did kinda suffer from a slow start and was unreasonably hard at times early in the game - then i had to resort to the above mentioned tactics (never for 5 minutes in a single fight, though). but closer to mid-game the character can easily be turned into a mostly sword fighter if one knows what he's doing and that works quite well - spectacular even and very satisfying, imo. also, closer to the end there's a quest available which gives the played an option to re-spec.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6596|London

Shahter wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

cba to read the 1st and 2nd page, but didn't this game suck like really bad for the gameplay to the point where every fight is about 5 minutes of indirect combat and acrobatics?
no. when i was playing it it did kinda suffer from a slow start and was unreasonably hard at times early in the game - then i had to resort to the above mentioned tactics (never for 5 minutes in a single fight, though). but closer to mid-game the character can easily be turned into a mostly sword fighter if one knows what he's doing and that works quite well - spectacular even and very satisfying, imo. also, closer to the end there's a quest available which gives the played an option to re-spec.
The game had a inversed difficulty curve. Stupidly hard at the start but got stupidly easy as you unlocked witcher powers. You were basically invincible by mid game and I didn't care enough about the story to autopilot through the last chapter.
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6776
I download games even if I buy them. A DVD can get lost/can get ruined etc, digital content is more stable. I dont even know where my BF2 disc is, whenever I install I install the pirated version and use the key I got with the disc...
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6796|Moscow, Russia

Aries_37 wrote:

Shahter wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

The game had a inversed difficulty curve. Stupidly hard at the start but got stupidly easy as you unlocked witcher powers. You were basically invincible by mid game and I didn't care enough about the story to autopilot through the last chapter.
well... i wouldn't agree with that entirely, but yeah, you have a point.
incidentally, i heard they released a major balancing overhaul patch for w2 recently. maybe it's time for a second playthrough.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6792|PNW

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

I download games even if I buy them. A DVD can get lost/can get ruined etc, digital content is more stable. I dont even know where my BF2 disc is, whenever I install I install the pirated version and use the key I got with the disc...
Don't you have a box to keep that crap in?
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6776

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Don't you have a box to keep that crap in?
Storing games in a 10x7x3cm box (HDD) vs storing games in a tower that just takes up space.

Yes, I could buy a drawer for the DVDs but even if I did, I think storing them on the HDD is much more convenient.
Im a cheap and lazy bastard...
HITNRUNXX
+220|6730|Oklahoma City
I wish I had pirated this thread. I read it for the first couple pages, then got bored. It was the same old crap a million threads have already done. Piracy threads are ruining the industry.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6758|Oxferd Ohire
this is the wrong section anyway
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6738|Riva, MD
I think it's cool as shit that it's one of those games you can import your save from the previous game into, especially considering the previous game is that much older.  Although I doubt it's going to have nearly as much affect on this game, especially compared to importing a Mass Effect 1 savegame on Mass Effect 2
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6169|'straya

Shahter wrote:

among digital distribution, demo versions and sales on steam and other such resources i think piracy apologists have no leg to stay on anymore. i own nearly a hundred on steam alone and paid $10-15 for most. if you won't pay that - you are a cheap bastard, not a pirate.
That the thing, Steam is very convenient. I have no problem paying for things, it is the convenience of downloading that I like. If there was a legal system where I could download TV Shows and Movies as soon as they were aired, I would gladly pay a fee for that. Here in Aus, there are many TV Shows we don't get; others air weeks, months or years after they did originally, and a trip to the cinemas costs me $30. I never pirate games because I can easily get them on Steam, usually for a good price.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6730|Oklahoma City

_j5689_ wrote:

I think it's cool as shit that it's one of those games you can import your save from the previous game into, especially considering the previous game is that much older.  Although I doubt it's going to have nearly as much affect on this game, especially compared to importing a Mass Effect 1 savegame on Mass Effect 2
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 did that also... I thought it was awesome... Unfortunately, if I remember right, you were captured at the start, and lost all the amazing gear you had, but at least you started with the characters and feats and skills and stuff.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard