unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Pondering about having to use it is one of the most uncomfortable thoughts I can have.

@warman ever considered getting it 3d printed?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Warman, do you know if or when they are sending you overseas?
First, I need to be done with armor school and follow on courses before I even get to my unit. It also depends on when my ABCT's shift is up for deployment, all the brigades rotate in deployments.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

@warman ever considered getting it 3d printed?
I'm sure our beloved commander in chief would love that.

In all seriousness, I don't know anyone who 3d prints in my area. It definitely is something to consider now that you mentioned it. Hell, I could probably ask someone to design and print a frame to accept Glock mags as those are cheap compared to fricken overpriced mags Sig has, just hope the grip angle wouldn't suck for one of those, tried wielding a glock and didn't like my wrist position, probably has to do with first time shooting a pistol was with M17 which is more 1911 style and now I am only comfortable with that style.

Last edited by War Man (2021-04-04 16:02:15)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I meant grips, not the whole gun. I think there are a few companies that already have a lot of that scanned and just ask you for the make/model on their web form. Sometimes flip for handedness if not an ambidextrous setup, which is a nice service.

e: I'm not sure what's permitted for a service pistol in the Army if that's what this is about though, so grain of salt.
War Man

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I meant grips, not the whole gun. I think there are a few companies that already have a lot of that scanned and just ask you for the make/model on their web form. Sometimes flip for handedness if not an ambidextrous setup, which is a nice service.

e: I'm not sure what's permitted for a service pistol in the Army if that's what this is about though, so grain of salt.
I've been looking, can't find any yet. I was only making a joke btw.

This isn't my service pistol, I wouldn't be deployed with this gun, I'd be given a government issued one(with ugly FDE color instead of the nice black my M18 has).

Last edited by War Man (2021-04-04 20:41:51)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
https://fnamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/FDE_BLK_Social_2-2-850x850.jpg
It is really going to suck for the American soldiers fighting World War 3 in Nanjing when all of their guns are tan. Big contract to get some black guns in the future though.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

War Man wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I've been looking, can't find any yet. I was only making a joke btw.

This isn't my service pistol, I wouldn't be deployed with this gun, I'd be given a government issued one(with ugly FDE color instead of the nice black my M18 has).
"3d printed pistol grips" via ddg gets me multiple results. Here's one guy:

https://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips. … ducts.html
War Man
Asked the guy with link you gave, he doesn't do the p320... Most of those 3d printed grips are modifications of other pistols, not actual grip frames.

Did find this but the plastic is cheap and not meant to be dropped. I want some durability with the frame.

I am just going to get a regular compact frame and find the subcompact frame later. Maybe settle with the subcompact small frame as I can find those on gunbroker(albeit ridiculously priced).

Last edited by War Man (2021-04-05 17:39:49)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Well, good luck with that.

Maybe you could get a Ruger (to revive an old bf2s meme).
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
I tidied and reorganised my workshop, and threw out a load of surplus junk.

Now I have even less space than before.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-04-07 02:57:22)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
War Man

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Well, good luck with that.

Maybe you could get a Ruger (to revive an old bf2s meme).
The Ruger57 is tempting, a nice cheap alternative to FN 5-7

Well, found a 3d printer to make a subcompact, but with carry/compact barrel length to equal slide length and will even make a safety cutout. I'll give it a shot.

Anyway I hate the zelle app $500 limit

Edit: I was the only bid for a particular gun on gunbroker, guy fricken cancels his order.

Last edited by War Man (2021-04-07 15:32:51)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Unless you positively need to shoot through body armour I'm not sure why anyone would want a 5.7x28 handgun.
The muzzle blast must be insane with 40% higher pressure than .357 magnum.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

The online debate between bullets tends to literal cringe.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/45-ACP-Is-For-Grownups.jpeg

Yikes (sorry Larssen)

Multiply obnoxious shirt anyway, making viewers stare down the print barrel of a gun, then calling yourself a "grownup."
War Man

Dilbert_X wrote:

Unless you positively need to shoot through body armour I'm not sure why anyone would want a 5.7x28 handgun.
The muzzle blast must be insane with 40% higher pressure than .357 magnum.
Nah, civilians generally have a hard time being able to acquire armor piercing ammo and the Fort Hood shooting done by Nidal Malik didn't make it any better. Just being able to store a lot of rounds in a small space and the accuracy of the round is intriguing. If I wanted a pistol to penetrate body armor, I'd probably get FK BRNO. I have been intrigued by the BRNO, but they don't offer caliber conversion kits, I would essentially have to buy two pistols if I want both 10mm auto and 9mm conversion kits. Put me off the pistol for good, plus I want to get a shotgun and my eyes are on the DP-12, so my money is on that.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The online debate between bullets tends to literal cringe.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/45-ACP-Is-For-Grownups.jpeg

Yikes (sorry Larssen)

Multiply obnoxious shirt anyway, making viewers stare down the print barrel of a gun, then calling yourself a "grownup."
Only thing that really makes me like .45 acp is it is already subsonic, making it great as a suppressor round. If I was more spend happy, I'd probably get FNX 45 Tactical just for the sheer capacity of that thing and that it looks fricken cool to me.

Last edited by War Man (2021-04-10 21:24:33)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I didn't like carrying a .45. Had to wear a bulky jacket to keep it concealed, and carry extra magazines on the other side of my belt as a counterweight. The 9mm was more forgiving, but I eventually downgraded that to a tiny .38 with a couple of speedloaders in a pocket. I haven't carried in quite awhile. But with less shady places to go inspect, and not exactly in and out of places that would "prefer" you leave it behind in your car, I could probably start again with minimal inconvenience.

/broken record
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
In the unlikely event I ever needed a CCW I'd be fine with a .32 auto.

Open carry a 9mm is plenty

"But 9mm has no stopping power"

Erm pretty sure it works fine

https://previews.123rf.com/images/philipimage/philipimage1906/philipimage190600077/124989171-a-world-war-two-german-soldier-with-machine-gun-mp-40-close-up.jpg

https://i0.wp.com/militaryhistorynow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Sten-1.jpg

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-04-12 03:29:24)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

9mm is certainly fine. I'd prefer setting up magazines with frangible or hollow point rounds due to overpenetration hazard in a lot of self-defense hypotheticals. Some less lethal rounds to start with, though those get scoffed at in some circles.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
IT let our server get full. At least that's what the error says.
Couldn't even save a 5MB file. But I could delete old ones and save.

Last edited by RTHKI (2021-04-12 06:05:14)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Fell asleep to a cacophony of barking and howling dogs, woke up to an endlessly crying puppy.

I don't have a dog.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
I have vaccine side effects. Fatigue, chills, body ache, headache. Brief nausea.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Google is driving 'SuperJail Warden' here. Not ideal.
uziq
+492|3450
your real mistake was using the same username for
facebook, bf2s and stormfront. isn’t that how they caught the owner of the silk road?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
I didn't think that this forum would come up high in the Google searches for a character from a popular t.v. show.

Oh and by the way, the lady was most hurt by what you said I will remind you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I don't usually overlook texts, but I have one from August last year I didn't notice. Will unnecessarily change the names:

Hi Pam!
This is Karen from across the street.
Sorry it's taken me so long to get my # to you!!
Are you guys going to be home later?
Kid 1 would love to play with Kid 2 for a bit.
Also, John's # is: ___-___-____
I have so many questions. This is a text from an AZ area code. How did it accidentally get to a Washington? #? Is this legit? Is this a fancy scam? I get Arizona, but COVID playdates in August of 2020 seems a bit extreme. Did the mom ever try texting again, or has there been a 9 month feud between neighbors because I ghosted and didn't answer with "wrong number." There are so many possible narratives. I'm afraid to send anything back this late into the game.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Seems like a silly thing to be vindictive over, Frank.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Unsure if this is real or a persona origin story.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard