wheelsup@7
Yeah still here
+49|6640|Pennsylvania

pirana6 wrote:

oh yeah i've seen it and fully understand the price. just really frustrating.
Yeah heater cores are a real pain. I've changed 2 on older vehicles before. A Jeep scrambler, which was really easy, lots of access and only took 3 hours start to finish. And a 77 Nova, which was a giant pain in the ass, I had to remove the front passenger side fender to get access to it. 2 years ago I had a 1/4 ton Toyota pickup that the core was out on. I had a radio I was going to put in it anyway, so I disassembled the lower dash and got a look at the housing and all the crap that was in the way. I went inside to troll the internet for some free info on changing it, and got a shop manager that laughed at me and said that he charges $1500 just in labor and budgets 12 to 14 shop hours to do the job on that vehicle. I put the dash back together and drove it for another 6 months until winter came, then traded it in on a new pickup. A real shame to that little pickup got great gas mileage. I imagine it gets really cold up in Washington so 1000 bucks not to freeze your ass off every morning is worth it. Good luck with it.

Last edited by wheelsup@7 (2013-10-14 00:01:52)

CC-Marley
+407|6830

pirana6 wrote:

heater core on my car needs replacing.

$30 part, $1000 in labor. doesn't even have anything to do with the engine. no fuckin joke.
I don't miss the antifreeze puddles on the front passenger floor, Of course this was way back when in my old Chevy. Ouch, $1000 labor? Guess it is a pain to remove the dashboard these days. If that's still how it goes.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
I've decided to take it on myself actually.
I have such a hard time paying so much when it's not technically that hard, just a lot of hours.
My hope is it'll get here this (next) weekend and I can get started. Then I'll work on it for an hour or two each night after work while it sits in my driveway, then finish up whatever's left by the end of the next weekend. That gives me 4 full days plus 5 days of after-work stuff. It may not take that much but when it looks like it'll be $1000 bucks or a few days of labor just doing it myself, I have to do it myself.
There's quite a few people online in "my" model specific forums who have done it and are ready to help. I've also got a buddy who's a mechanic so he's ready too. He says it just takes a while and I need to label everything.
My fear is that I'll be halfway through and have to stop because I'm missing some piece. That's sorta what happened when I essentially rebuilt my motorcycle engine. Nothing negative but I just don't like being held up unless it's my own doing.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
I dropped my iced coffee on the train and now I have to buy another on my way to the office
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto
I was accepted to a graduate residence today, but I've already found housing. Now they want to keep my 100$ deposit.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
BVC
+325|6697
My peppered harvarti cheese has been out for 15 minutes and isn't yet at room temperature.  FML
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
Arguing with idiots on public Facebook pages.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
but we argue in private
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
xD
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.

pirana6 wrote:

$30 part, $1000 in labor. doesn't even have anything to do with the engine. no fuckin joke.
current state of my car

https://i.imgur.com/h6Vl3y7l.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria

pirana6 wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

current state of my car
https://i.imgur.com/JnKkYTy.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

pirana6 wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

current state of my car

You're moving the steering wheel to the correct side?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Adams_BJ
He he he
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
Like I said before, if you guys start driving on the right like the rest of the world, we'll switch to metric like the rest of the world.
Personally I think that's a fair trade

edito: i'm dumb

Last edited by pirana6 (2013-10-21 12:44:10)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.svg/800px-Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.svg.png
Red is right.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality

pirana6 wrote:

Like I said before, if you guys start driving on the left like the rest of the world, we'll switch to metric like the rest of the world.
Personally I think that's a fair trade
on the right?? no?
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
sorry got that backwards, on the right
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I wasted three hours this morning traveling to and attending a preconstruction meeting in Brooklyn hosted by the teachers union. Fuck off you meddling do-nothings.
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
what haps
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black

Jay wrote:

Red is right.
we drive on the left cause when we had horses and shit we'd right on the left so we could spear people with our massive cocks swords.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Jay wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Sprint is a really good cell phone provider here in Southern California from what I hear, and they're also the cheapest. My friends who use their service said that they had no issues with connectivity and reception so apparently there isn't a catch. What I really want to get, but don't need is a Samsung Galaxy SIII and the unlimited data, minutes, and texting two year plan. I'm trying to convince my brain to get it but I just can't justify spending 85 bucks a month on something I don't consider a necessity.

I currently have a shitty GoPhone Android Fusion with AT&T. The phone has a terrible camera, the handling is sluggish, and there is very little memory for any apps, but I'm only spending $30 a month for 250 minutes of calling (more than enough), unlimited texting (which I use extensively) and 50MB of data which is enough for the GPS I use when I need directions someplace.

Spending another $55 dollars a month that I could be using on food, gas, or going into my savings account on a phone instead which would only be used for browsing Reddit, playing music on Pandora when I'm driving, and looking up random things left and right doesn't seem like a wise investment. I can afford it, but I wish it was cheaper.

TL:DR I guess my FWP is that I'm ungrateful for what I have which does the job but I'm here wanting more.
Why would you get the s3? S4 has a 13 megapixel camera
It's an extra hundred-fifty bucks and the difference between the two models is pretty small. An extra 5 megapixels isn't worth $150 to me and the speed of the phone's processor is just fine to me. I also like smaller phones, so the S4 being bigger is just another small reason not to purchase it.
Nexus 5 will be announced October 24th. Will be $349 for 16GB model. Get it sim free from Google and use your current sim.

Then upgrade to more than 50MB a month, holy shit that's nothing.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

According to my service provider's automated calculator, I have to pay full price ($750) and sign for a 2 year contract to upgrade to a Galaxy S4. Shit's broke.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I paid $150 for mine with verizon
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
It rained while I was riding my motorcycle

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard