Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto
I got a letter in the mail today telling me I am being audited. The list of crap I have to send them is longer than the tax papers I filed.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3951|SL,UT

can't wait to get the fuck out of work today - our server crashed . . .
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

fourteen sites to inspect today. already 10AM. ugh.
CC-Marley
+407|6820
My flag football league starts in 10 days. Haven't done much to get in game shape this year.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
good luck being center
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

can't decide what TV to buy
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
what are the options
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

I've been looking at this one. Not sure what to compare it to. The only LED TVs I've ever watched have been Samsung.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
never had a problem with samsung
CC-Marley
+407|6820
I like my 42" Samsung. Get it.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
Woot has some off and on that are good. Obviously refurb and factory refurb but many still have ~6 month warranties.

I buy stuff off them all the time. Up to you about refurb tech + shipping + etc.

http://tech.woot.com/
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

Do they advertise deals for Canadian sites?
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5972|Toronto

Pochsy wrote:

I got a letter in the mail today telling me I am being audited. The list of crap I have to send them is longer than the tax papers I filed.
That's the CRA for you--or better yet, the Canadian government as a whole.
I like pie.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.

bugz wrote:

Do they advertise deals for Canadian sites?
Oh yeah... shit sorry no canada. DISREGARD
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6466|Foothills of S. Carolina

Already put in 40 hours for the week, have to go in two hours early tomorrow, 6am early.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

42 hours in a week is a pretty relaxed schedule.
Canin

Yeah, 42..... I wish. I didnt just work from 6am to 8am today, though that would have been nice. Went in at 6am and got home at 6pm. Already had 40 hours in, more like 48 since they dock me an hour for lunch and an hour travel every day. Add another 12 today, and it turns into a 60 hour week. 5 weeks of that in a row gets a little old. The paycheck is nice though.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

I don't miss 80+ hour week summers.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
I don't miss 105-hour work weeks!

...if we're comparing e-pen0r size...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

I say 80+ because they weren't consistently higher than 90. But counting the commute time you're not left with much time at home to do anything but sleep. Nothing e-pen0r about it. Hell of a way to make a buck.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3951|SL,UT

when i used to own my own business, i worked one hundred sixty eight hours a week.

the government took all my profit, my workers were stealing me blind, and i considered saying fuck it and starting an NGO.

but i was married so got on at an engineering firm, salaried for forty a week. doing what i did as a consultant.
Canin

I thought about going my way and starting my own business in my field. Then I realized my take home pay would probably be less, I would be working way more hours, I would never get time off, and the benefits would not be nearly as good. So I am still an employee instead of an employer.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
I work 42.5 hrs a week with occasional (always paid) overtime. My commute is a half hour each way.

Sure beats working 114 hours a week, getting shot at, and making 1/3 the pay.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
If you factor in the free degree you were earning a lot more though.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

If you factor in the free degree you were earning a lot more though.
If you factor in the degree, I make equal pay now, yeah. Hourly rate is a bit different though...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard