-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada

Jay wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

He knows people who know sports players he can harass and then brag about harassing. Truely a class above.
I bet if you had the balls to post anything about your personal life there would be plenty to rip to shreds too. You don't like me, so fucking what? Get a new hobby.
But I enjoy this one so much! Also there is plenty about my personal life on the forums. Difference is I don't act like my decisions or lifestyle choices make me better than everyone else. Others chose there lifes I chose mine, doesn't mean they are shit. Also you are just plain unlikable, so its easy.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
I dunno man, snowboarding is pretty douchey.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

bugz wrote:

A book in the Canadian Kindle store is $12 more expensive than the US Kindle store
It's even more awesome when the kindle version costs more then the paperback version.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
Book > kindle anywayzzz
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
kindle paperwhite is pretty nice
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6312

Adams_BJ wrote:

Book > kindle anywayzzz
It costs less to ship this thing to my door than have it instantly delivered to the device in my hands. I don't geddit.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Superior Mind wrote:

Brasso wrote:

one HISpanic guy
Some regard Hispanic as an outdated term. Spanish is the commonly accepted colloquial word in the NYC area for someone of Latino origin. Latino/Latina is the more generally accepted PC terminology.
This is not correct. At all.

Hispanic and Latino are not considered outdated. Hispanic is a term that only came about after showing up on a 80's census form. Neither are PC terms since they are the only two terms that exist. There is a debate on which one should be used but it is not a matter of political correctness...

I prefer Hispanic but I use Spanish with people who I don't expect to know the difference as to not confuse people.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
Denying your Haitian roots you coconut bastard
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

bugz wrote:

A book in the Canadian Kindle store is $12 more expensive than the US Kindle store
what book?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Brasso wrote:

bugz wrote:

what book?
Economies of scale - An introduction to the world of business.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Jay wrote:

bugz wrote:

It's even more awesome when the kindle version costs more then the paperback version.
You, as a champion of free market economics, should love this.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

bugz wrote:

You, as a champion of free market economics, should love this.
Why? It's dumb. They can, of course, charge whatever they want, but it's a stupid business model to print so many books that you have to jack up the kindle price to move them out of the warehouse. Print less books.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I'm an american and people are still talking about straya day. I demand that my country get paid attention to!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
i point you to dst
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
https://www.howitoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/july-4th-fireworks.jpg
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Publishers aren't trying to move more physical books. Sort of. They want to kill the format. Before if you had a book you needed to go through the closed shop publishing houses. Now you can upload your book straight to Amazon and cut out publishers. If they make their ebooks more expensive then it makes people question the value of the Kindle in a purely economic sense.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Publishers aren't trying to move more physical books. Sort of. They want to kill the format. Before if you had a book you needed to go through the closed shop publishing houses. Now you can upload your book straight to Amazon and cut out publishers. If they make their ebooks more expensive then it makes people question the value of the Kindle in a purely economic sense.
That doesn't make any sense. They make more profit with much less overhead selling a digital copy of a book compared to selling a physical copy. They really only jack up the digital price on new releases, and then the price magically drops when the mass-market paperbacks have sold out their first run.
-Frederick Bastiat
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6512|Gold Coast
cant access facebook
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

That doesn't make any sense. They make more profit with much less overhead selling a digital copy of a book compared to selling a physical copy. They really only jack up the digital price on new releases, and then the price magically drops when the mass-market paperbacks have sold out their first run.
You can't make a profit if no one uses your publishing house. Did you not read where I said that the format is threatening publisher's monopoly?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
Publishers do have a huge marketing power. They're going to still remain as a barrier to entry for most authors.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

FWP none of my posts exist on this site anymore because they all got deleted by mods
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Cybargs wrote:

Publishers do have a huge marketing power. They're going to still remain as a barrier to entry for most authors.
is that what one of your teachers told you?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

is that what one of your teachers told you?
yes
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

You can't make a profit if no one uses your publishing house. Did you not read where I said that the format is threatening publisher's monopoly?
I did a research: http://blog.nathanbransford.com/2011/03 … -than.html

Amazon is actually taking a loss when they sell hardcovers below the e-book price. They're banking that people will pay the extra $2 for convenience.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

That is the main reason to sign with a publisher, yes. Not easy to get your book read without an ad in the NYT Book Review or a seat on a talk show.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard