Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

This is "stolen" from the battlelog forum ...

Windows 7/Windows Vista
* In Windows 7/Vista go to Start menu. Go to Accessories. Locate the command prompt shortcut and hover mouse over it. Right Click on the shortcut then select Run as Administrator.
* In the command prompt type this exactly:

bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500

Then hit enter.
* Make sure you get a message back confirming the change was made. To verify the entry is there you can type just bcdedit, hit enter, and you should see the entry now listed.
* Then close the command prompt. You just told Vista to increase user virtual address (userva) space to 2500MB.
* Changes take effect on reboot.
Now reboot the PC because Windows needs to set the userva at 2500 which only happens after startup.

If you skip any step it will not work. When you have rebooted you should be good to go. Run the game as normal with the original game shortcut.

TO UNDO THE CHANGES
Open command prompt as administrator and type: bcdedit /deletevalue increaseuserva. That deletes the entry.
Reboot and you are back to normal.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

From getting gamefreeze/crash after 30 seconds I now only get the occasional blackscreen after a round has ended ... this works!
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669
a fix for a patch that was meant to "fix" the game in the first place. gg dice.
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

13/f/taiwan wrote:

a fix for a patch that was meant to "fix" the game in the first place. gg dice.
The fix is not by Dice ...
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Works schmorks. Still crashes between rounds that change the map. Poo I say! POO!
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

this is why I made sure to not buy the game for at least a month or two before it came out

might get it now
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

It's weird. Sometimes there's zero problems. But yesterday the damn game crashed several times between map change.
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Ultrafunkula wrote:

It's weird. Sometimes there's zero problems. But yesterday the damn game crashed several times between map change.
Reminds me of that one patch for 2142 that rendered me not able to play for 6 months or so
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6314

Ultrafunkula wrote:

1 out of 5 rounds it does not crash for me. And Caspian lags like shit every 5 minutes for 5 minutes. wtf. I might try this jsut for the hell of it.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
I noticed that the last two times my game simply disconnected without any further notice, at least my stats didn't go down the drain and got recorded till the last moments.
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Sisco wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

1 out of 5 rounds it does not crash for me. And Caspian lags like shit every 5 minutes for 5 minutes. wtf. I might try this jsut for the hell of it.
Post back the result ...
Sisco
+493|6314

Varegg wrote:

Sisco wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Post back the result ...
Just played a few rounds. I actually managed to stay on the same server for about 4 or 5 rounds in a row until I got the black screen. Dunno about Caspian yet.
It might have to do with your fix, will have to test a bit more to be sure.
Sisco
+493|6314
So, been playing some more last night and it seems to have vastly improved my crash ratio. Out of about 10 rounds I only blackscreened once. Played Caspian only once though but it seems to have taken care of the lagging too.

In conclusion, everyone with crash/blackscreen issues should give this a try. Worked for me
Thanks Varegg for sharing!
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Just happy to be of service and thought that if it worked for me it would prolly help others with similar trouble
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6359|New York
Before I try this out, are there any potential negative effects from making this change?

I don't want to compromise my system because DICE can't make a proper patch.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6800|Grapevine, TX

heggs wrote:

Before I try this out, are there any potential negative effects from making this change?

Nope.

I used the fix, but actually increased it to 12250Mb. Didnt seem to work on Sunday when I played afterwards. However, I played last night on Monday and I played 5 rounds in a row with out getting the BSOD. That's Black Screen of Death.

Five games in a row.
A New Record. 
Sisco
+493|6314
Being in a party in battlelog seems to negate the positive effects though.
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

heggs wrote:

I read quite a lot of entries about this before I tried it myself, nothing negative was posted and there is also the possibility to undo the change if it doesn't help or makes it worse
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6160|Canada

Finally something that fixed my game crash issues..

Tried this one before, but it didn't say I had to reboot. Just played 5 rounds without crashing, before I couldn't play more than 2 minutes before ctd.

Thanks and now i can enjoy this game!
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
This does not work.  Between rounds still freezes and won't load new map.  All Battlelog threads about this are locked along with an apology stating they are working on it.  Pfffff 
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
Strangely enough, simply minimizing the game while the timer counts down to next map works.  Bring it back up when it's started loading next map, no black screen between rounds.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke

Stingray24 wrote:

Strangely enough, simply minimizing the game while the timer counts down to next map works.  Bring it back up when it's started loading next map, no black screen between rounds.
Will have to try this!
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6662|Devon, England
Probably dragging up a dead topic here, but my friends fixed their blackscreen crashes with something to do with Punkbuster.

I think it was a reinstall and update, but I'll double check.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

aced
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
iceman785
+93|6643|Alaska, mother fucker.
Will this possibly fix the fact that I cannot join a single server? It always says, "Game disconnected: Could not connect"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard