Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5963|London, England

e7

miss
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
ahahahaha

mutant i can smell yo bs from over here, buster
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5963|London, England

shit you make my dick hard
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
smokin' mortars everywhere
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California

Uzique wrote:

no i have never crossed a "competent mortar team". you know why? BECAUSE THEY'RE STOOD STILL AT THE BACK OF THE MAP. there are 101 ways to get around to killing them and ending their shitty little barrage; or, failing that (in the case of rush), you can just go mortar yourself and play point-and-click-adventure-games with their pretty little mortar icons on the map. then they're dead and gone, and you can advance. SUPER TUFF HI SKILL TACTICOOL PLAY, TROOPER!
When you don't have mortars yourself, and the 2 enemy mortars are behind the map boundary there's nothing you can do. If you stop in the same spot for more than 2 or 3 seconds, you die, if you don't stop, you die from small arms fire.

> die from mortars
> die from small arms fire

Pick one and only one Uzique
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
shifty you only die in mortar fire if you're firing a gun (sans suppressor) and staying in the same place without moving. this is definitely a l2p issue. stop walking into choke points where mortar fire will obviously be dropped, and stop lying behind rocks with your noob squad getting rained on continuously. learn2play.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California
I was running from cover to cover, but the first part of Metro only has so many places to take cover and shoot before moving up. Running from cover to cover exposes yourself to small arms, and staying there gets you killed by mortars.

In another map I don't see this being an issue but that first section of Metro was impossible to pass. I either got a KH2002 to the face, or a mortar.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock

thepilot91 wrote:

yeah the unlimeted ammo is a terrible mistake , wasn't it limited in the beta?
give them like 3-4 rounds or something...
and also I think atleast the tank and apc's main weapons should have limited ammo , support has not much of a "ammo" role in bf3 exept giving ammo to the nadespammers and themselves
No, stop being silly, have you ever even played with a mortar?

I think I am the most qualified guy her to talk about mortars (lol! xD so randum!) as any of the AU guys will attest to. I have my mortar medal, and I wear my proficiency dogtag will trolling pride.

I have 320 kills with the mortar, and I can tell you that limiting the ammo to ANY number is just retarded. I would have probably dropped 2-3 thousand mortars to get those 320 kills. I have had guys spotting for me, saw my mortar land not even 3 feet away from the guy (he was at full health) and no kill. They then he was killed immediately after and I got a kill assist 30. 30! flak jacket or not, I dropped it a few feet off his toes and I only did 30 damage. I can count the amount of multikills I've gotten from it on one hand, and that was from dropping 3 rounds on the same group of people before the actual kill. The splash damage is negligible, the damage full stop is so pathetic I have had round actually land on guys and not get a kill.

Do you know how many kills I would get with 3-4 rounds? One, if I'm lucky. 9/10 I would get none, maybe a few damage assists. Everyone who complained about mortars, quickly stopped once they got it. Its isn't nearly as effective as people claim..

Mortars are so pathetic infact, that I will only use it on Seinne, I won't even bother equipping it on any other map. And the second someone on the enemy equips the mortar, I spend all my time playing cat and mouse with them, since A GIANT ICON SHOWS UP FOR EVERYONE TO SEE PLAIN AS DAY. Quit screaming nerf, nothing in this game needs to be nerfed, infact vehicles need to be buffed. Everything is fine so far.

And shifty, no-one expects you to keep running forward to avoid mortars. But fuck, move 3 feet in any direction and you're safe. Or even better, stop playing fucking rush. The only people who die to mortars are either very unlucky, have hardly any health anyway, or over stayed their welcome long enough for the mortar to see you, line you up, lob one, wait 3-4 seconds for it to hit, and maybe drop 1-2 more on top of you in that time.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2011-11-07 17:30:33)

thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!

Adams_BJ wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

yeah the unlimeted ammo is a terrible mistake , wasn't it limited in the beta?
give them like 3-4 rounds or something...
and also I think atleast the tank and apc's main weapons should have limited ammo , support has not much of a "ammo" role in bf3 exept giving ammo to the nadespammers and themselves
No, stop being silly, have you ever even played with a mortar?

I think I am the most qualified guy her to talk about mortars (lol! xD so randum!) as any of the AU guys will attest to. I have my mortar medal, and I wear my proficiency dogtag will trolling pride.

I have 320 kills with the mortar, and I can tell you that limiting the ammo to ANY number is just retarded. I would have probably dropped 2-3 thousand mortars to get those 320 kills. I have had guys spotting for me, saw my mortar land not even 3 feet away from the guy (he was at full health) and no kill. They then he was killed immediately after and I got a kill assist 30. 30! flak jacket or not, I dropped it a few feet off his toes and I only did 30 damage. I can count the amount of multikills I've gotten from it on one hand, and that was from dropping 3 rounds on the same group of people before the actual kill. The splash damage is negligible, the damage full stop is so pathetic I have had round actually land on guys and not get a kill.

Do you know how many kills I would get with 3-4 rounds? One, if I'm lucky. 9/10 I would get none, maybe a few damage assists. Everyone who complained about mortars, quickly stopped once they got it. Its isn't nearly as effective as people claim..

Mortars are so pathetic infact, that I will only use it on Seinne, I won't even bother equipping it on any other map. And the second someone on the enemy equips the mortar, I spend all my time playing cat and mouse with them, since A GIANT ICON SHOWS UP FOR EVERYONE TO SEE PLAIN AS DAY. Quit screaming nerf, nothing in this game needs to be nerfed, infact vehicles need to be buffed. Everything is fine so far.

And shifty, no-one expects you to keep running forward to avoid mortars. But fuck, move 3 feet in any direction and you're safe. Or even better, stop playing fucking rush. The only people who die to mortars are either very unlucky, have hardly any health anyway, or over stayed their welcome long enough for the mortar to see you, line you up, lob one, wait 3-4 seconds for it to hit, and maybe drop 1-2 more on top of you in that time.
I didn't even bother reading it all, because you seem to be totally blind...(no I haven't played mortar) but I'm not crying that I'm not getting kills as a mortarfaggot am I?

one mortar guy is fucking worthless just sad sitting there on his potty getting assists , the thing you obviously fail to see is that bazaar/seine(spelling?)/all cqc maps have ATLEAST 3 mortars firing at the chokepoints 24/7 , and yes I'm able to stay alive but playing rush on bazaar is fucking worthless , 4 mortars firing in the ally and the road at the people who stays there more than 2 seconds and snipers camping the road... it's useless you won't get anywhere , without 2 squads doing some serious teamwork...and you won't find that in bf3 the next 2 years , if ever...

Last edited by thepilot91 (2011-11-08 06:39:11)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

thepilot91 wrote:

I didn't even bother reading it all, because you seem to be totally blind...
*this guys post makes sense and refutes my point, I wont read it*
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

yep because he fails to see the point :

being KILLED by mortarSSSSSSSSS

not getting KILLS with mortaRRRR
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6666|Austin, TX

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

https://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/035ostrich_468x538.jpg

I've only played with the mortars a few rounds. Kinda weak IMO.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5682|SQUID
Fire and move, if a mortar shell lands near me I just move to a different cover. Nobody but you seems to be confounded by this simple tactic.
Sturgeon
+488|4939|Flintshire
I don't think I've ever been killed by a mortar.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5034|Massachusetts, USA
I think once, but it was a friendly mortar.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5682|SQUID

Sturgeon wrote:

I don't think I've ever been killed by a mortar.
The only time I remember was on damavand, I fired my gun when I spawned, took a sip of tea and a mortar hit me.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
adams is so random with mortars XD
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!
yeah move 3 feet to the left where the rest of the 32 player-teams mortarshells are landing
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5034|Massachusetts, USA

thepilot91 wrote:

yeah move 3 feet to the left where the rest of the 32 player-teams mortarshells are landing
Implying that everyone uses mortars, which they don't because mortars suck.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!

UnkleRukus wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

more then enough + the fact that with unlimited ammo for mortars and mortar instead of ammobag , make even recons better teamplayers

so...(yeah I'm gonna whine about it)

I've (surpriseingly , lol spell? )lived through all the years of bf2 and nade-spam , and every other fps I've played for that matter , If you ask me , you shouldnt be able to throw a nade if there were'nt more than 3 enemies/a vehicle in the "throw radius", nades are cheap and require barely any aim ...bla bla and so on , I hate nades .

Noobtubes aren't as bad , since you have to aim them they can't be thrown over the cover you're sitting on your ammobag behind , and often have a smaller blast radius than nades (but ofc. there are always annoying cunts who wont stop overusing it )

bazookas/rocketlaunchers/nooblauncher/whatever in bf2 they barely had and blastradius and were slow compared to your soliders movement-speed and to some skill to hit inf with , in bc2 everyone who couldn't get a KDR with a WEAPON used CockGag2 , and as soon as a vehicle showed up they ran away like the pussies they were

and here we go with the noobtube with unlimited ammo and "UAV-map" on the same time , it might not kill alot when used by only one player but it wounds and it supresses and it makes a fucking lot a noise , and if used by multiple support players aiming at about the same area as eachother it's lethal...

not to mention hardcore, where you wont regen health even if you survive a mortar shell
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK

thepilot91 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

more then enough + the fact that with unlimited ammo for mortars and mortar instead of ammobag , make even recons better teamplayers

so...(yeah I'm gonna whine about it)

I've (surpriseingly , lol spell? )lived through all the years of bf2 and nade-spam , and every other fps I've played for that matter , If you ask me , you shouldnt be able to throw a nade if there were'nt more than 3 enemies/a vehicle in the "throw radius", nades are cheap and require barely any aim ...bla bla and so on , I hate nades .

Noobtubes aren't as bad , since you have to aim them they can't be thrown over the cover you're sitting on your ammobag behind , and often have a smaller blast radius than nades (but ofc. there are always annoying cunts who wont stop overusing it )

bazookas/rocketlaunchers/nooblauncher/whatever in bf2 they barely had and blastradius and were slow compared to your soliders movement-speed and to some skill to hit inf with , in bc2 everyone who couldn't get a KDR with a WEAPON used CockGag2 , and as soon as a vehicle showed up they ran away like the pussies they were

and here we go with the noobtube with unlimited ammo and "UAV-map" on the same time , it might not kill alot when used by only one player but it wounds and it supresses and it makes a fucking lot a noise , and if used by multiple support players aiming at about the same area as eachother it's lethal...

not to mention hardcore, where you wont regen health even if you survive a mortar shell
I didn't even bother reading it all.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
you can't look at mortars from an individual point of view. Oh boohoo I only get 30 kills in a round with them so they're not overpowered at all, just learn to play! adapt!

how about fuck off, have any of you even tried playing rush mode on offense with several mortar spammers going at it constantly? Doesn't matter so much that you ONLY got 2nd mvp and a 7:1 KDR when there's several of you doing it constantly, and the poor actually-playing-the-fucking-game-scumbags like me can't take cover anywhere.

Not to mention that 'click on map, maybe get kill' is fucking awful game design to begin with
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
^that
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6639|Uk
Flak jacket?
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5951

Lucien wrote:

you can't look at mortars from an individual point of view. Oh boohoo I only get 30 kills in a round with them so they're not overpowered at all, just learn to play! adapt!

how about fuck off, have any of you even tried playing rush mode on offense with several mortar spammers going at it constantly? Doesn't matter so much that you ONLY got 2nd mvp and a 7:1 KDR when there's several of you doing it constantly, and the poor actually-playing-the-fucking-game-scumbags like me can't take cover anywhere.

Not to mention that 'click on map, maybe get kill' is fucking awful game design to begin with
Don't play rush then. Or if you're playing a round with people spamming mortars, then leave (or just l2p). It's never happened to me, maybe because im not shit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard