Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I just spent thepast 6-7 hours beating co-op and grinding for the unlocks with a friend. The unlocks are worth it. Especially if you play assault, the KH2002 and G3A3 might be among the best guns in the game. They're definitely on the same level as the AEK, which I considered the best gun before using these new unlocks. G3A3 close to mid range drops people better than any assault rifle while the KH2002 is probably the most accurate gun i've used; its still powerful as well, 1-2 bursts kills people and is effective in close range. Mind you I used these guns without any scopes or attachments and came to these conclusions. Just wait until I unlock all the attachments and scopes.

TL;DR: Grinding for the unlocks in coop is worth it. Especially for the burst pistol and Assault Rifles.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK
i wouldn't play co-op even if you paid me.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
why?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK
its just dumb shit tacked on, all it did (including sp) was cater for console faggots and erode the delivery of an outstanding mp
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
Meh, I always thought the idea of a really good co-op campaign was a good one. Spawn, run, cap, shoot, die, rinse and repeat gets a bit monotonous for me. You think its the single and co-op that erodes the game, no, its the fact that they don't need to do more with the multi-player to sell games that erodes it. Its not about making a game with a great MP, its about making a game that sells.

Mind you, I haven't played the co-op yet, so I don't know if its good or not.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
i get really bored killing shitty computer AI bots. killing shitty human players is often times boring enough.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
The G3 and AEK are the best assault rifles in the game after playing the KH and G3 some more
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6575|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Sadly, im lacking Coop pardna ..Anyone might be up for it?
jonrpatrick
+3|5702|Charlotte, NC, USA

Roger Lesboules wrote:

I'm a complete noob at bf3 (but an old bf2 player!), I'm old, slow, inaccurate, and don't know any of these maps well enough to not go blundering into the middle of a square and be shot.

But, sure, I'm up to partnering with you.

JP
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

Play "The Eleventh Hour", but blow up the first bomb.  Easy 5000 points in 1 minute.  Rinse and repeat.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
I work 39 hours a week, I hardly think working pretty much another full day on something that is no doubt as dull and reptitive as my work is will be worth it.

I'll wait until DICE realise what a stupid idea having co op only unlocks is and add them on to some random ranks. I assume it will be a long wait.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5752|Roma
Is the burst mode broken only for me?
e.g. I come across a guy infront of me at like 10m, I sight in with the kh2002 and fire burst mode, the first burst is quick, but the second one fires after like 3 seconds....It does not happen when i'm firing from the hip tho.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6575|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

jonrpatrick wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

I'm a complete noob at bf3 (but an old bf2 player!), I'm old, slow, inaccurate, and don't know any of these maps well enough to not go blundering into the middle of a square and be shot.

But, sure, I'm up to partnering with you.

JP
Great, im not too bad at bf3...and im an old bf2 player aswell!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
just did half of the co-op on hard. it's fucking awful. even more scripted and simple than call of duty single-player. and 'hard' is really fucking easy. like stupidly easy.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Nd4Spdr
Stuck in the Dirty Souf way too long...
+10|6710|ATL
I enjoyed playing co-op. Especially the attack heli and the sniper levels. The G3 is quite amazing in co-op and am looking forward to using in MP.
Nd4Spdr
Stuck in the Dirty Souf way too long...
+10|6710|ATL

Ilocano wrote:

Play "The Eleventh Hour", but blow up the first bomb.  Easy 5000 points in 1 minute.  Rinse and repeat.
So you just blow it up and then quit or die and start over?

(Wow, that sig is really big)

Last edited by Nd4Spdr (2011-11-07 23:12:39)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

m3thod wrote:

its just dumb shit tacked on, all it did (including sp) was cater for console faggots and erode the delivery of an outstanding mp
If you're going to have a campaign, coop is a great element to tack on.

See Doom.
BVC
+325|6694
G3A3 + IRNV + taclight is awesome!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

If you're going to have a campaign, coop is a great element to tack on.

See Doom.
have you played bf3's coop? it's so dumb. it's like one of those theme park rides where you sit in a little booth/carriage and get taken around a haunted house or a space adventure or something and shoot at things with your little laser/water pistols. it's retarded. it's more scripted than cod's single-player and infinitely easier and more repetitive, too. bf3's coop is possibly the worst ai-based gaming experience i have ever had. it's insultingly easy, braindead-simple and really makes you wonder why they tacked it on at all. it clearly did not take much developer time or thought. the added insult to injury is that you have to spend 5-10 hours of your life gritting your teeth through this bullshit through some weapons; they were THAT PLEASED with themselves that they thought it worthy of FIVE UNLOCKS or so. stupidity knows no bounds.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-11-08 06:32:38)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
Thats to bad. I would really like to see a game with a good co-op campaign. I don't know how they would do it though.
i last played coop with halo 3 on the 360  -- not a fan but ill give this a try(later) esp if you get moAr guns n stuff/ thanks roc
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Single-player and co-op were really just incredibly long and tedious tech demos of the Frostbite 2 engine.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

Nd4Spdr wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

So you just blow it up and then quit or die and start over?

(Wow, that sig is really big)
Yeah, pretty much.  Just fudge the combo on the first bomb and blow up Paris.  Easy 5000 points for a 1 minute run. 

Wish there was a jet co-op, with wingman and dogfights.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard