Poll

Do you hate the fat log full of shit?

yes I hate battlelog I want a fucking ingame browser48%48% - 18
I don't care that I have to load the game AND the map29%29% - 11
more rage21%21% - 8
Total: 37
thepilot91
+64|6229|Åland!
well yeah basically : are you ok that everytime the instable shitservers or the instable shitgame or the instable shitlog of battle crashes you have to start all over again? (no I don't have a slow PC)
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6141|'straya
Works fine for me.
Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6634|Uk
Would of been better with a proper in game server browser akin to BF2 but its far too late for them to go down that route.

Stuck it battlelog it seems
Stimey
­
+786|6113|Ontario | Canada
yes
­
­
­
­
­
­
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5743|شمال
i wanna see moar rage
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6141|'straya
To be honest I much prefer battlelog over the steaming pile of shit that was BC2's in game browser. I don't know about everyone else, but that browser worked maybe 60% of the time for me.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

To be honest I much prefer battlelog over the steaming pile of shit that was BC2's in game browser. I don't know about everyone else, but that browser worked maybe 60% of the time for me.
this really. Its a step forward.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6616|EU

tbh battlelog gives you more information on server than it would ever before, and that is not really that time consuming.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
it's not really a step forward, though, is it? how is it a step forward? it takes shit that has been completely standard-fare in video-games since multiplayer gaming began and then sticks it in a browser. that's a browser eating up another 150k of background memory just so that you can join servers. completely unnecessary. it's just a glorified server browser with a shitty facebook social network tacked on, that no one will use properly. it is really damn annoying having to completely quit and relaunch the game's .exe every time you want to switch server. i end up playing bf3 in single-server bursts, now, because it's just effort to 'switch server' if the one you're in isn't going particularly well.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6520|London (At Heart)

I like it personally
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6504|Gold Coast
I think Steam perfected the server browser options - battlelog seems to be some shitty cheap attempt at trying to do something similar. With the option of browsing servers while being either in-game or on your desktop, it just seems to be so much easier and smoother compared to the use of an internet browser.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

KuSTaV wrote:

I think Steam perfected the server browser options - battlelog seems to be some shitty cheap attempt at trying to do something similar. With the option of browsing servers while being either in-game or on your desktop, it just seems to be so much easier and smoother compared to the use of an internet browser.
How does what steam did even correlate to the battlelog? If you said Origin I would understand.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
Battlelog kicks the shit out of all the other BF in game browsers. Seriously, Battlelog is actually really fucking good.

It's faster, easier to read, easier to fix/update, and supports more filters and options than any other server browser in any other BF game.
Roc18
`
+655|5783|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
If they fixed the constant crashing battlelog would be just fine.

You can log in anywhere like I do at work sometimes for example to see stats, join platoons and communicate with friends even if they're not actually playing the game or on their computer.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6504|Gold Coast

jsnipy wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

How does what steam did even correlate to the battlelog? If you said Origin I would understand.
I meant in terms of connecting to servers, Steam did it better. Sure, the battlelog is an improvement for battlefield games, but I still think its inferior to the way Steam handles server browsing.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6141|'straya
It wouldn't be a DICE server browser if it worked perfectly from day 1

That said, I haven't had any crashing issues with battlelog. Have had a few crashes with BF3, but mainly due to DICE doing maintenance, updating servers, changing server patches etc.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
I actually really like it, its easy for the big guys to fix if something goes wrong, its easy for them to add something in if it makes sense. I can log in at work and talk with my OL friends and see what they're doing.I've never once had battlelog crash on me.

Battlelog is fantastic, get over it, stop being so against change.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK
Meh, its not so bad.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
i agreee with adums
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
thepilot91
+64|6229|Åland!
I'm not against change , it's just EVERY single game I played yesturday I got on a team full of retards, and every single time things turned around for the better , I get disconnected  : you were disconnected from your ea-account, and then the battlelog-site crashed and it really pisses me off, the only time the serverbrowser in IT'S TRUE PREDECESSOR disn't work was when EA-was updating ...

And OT: Is it just me who wants "local-area-play" ability?
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5746|Roma
Works great for me, whats the big deal?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6432|Brisbane, Australia

thepilot91 wrote:

I'm not against change , it's just EVERY single game I played yesturday I got on a team full of retards, and every single time things turned around for the better , I get disconnected  : you were disconnected from your ea-account, and then the battlelog-site crashed and it really pisses me off, the only time the serverbrowser in IT'S TRUE PREDECESSOR disn't work was when EA-was updating ...

None of this has anything to do with Battlelog. I also have not had any of these problems in 40 hours of play.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock

thepilot91 wrote:

you would have been chucked on shitty teams if it was an in game browser too.
getting disconnected (if it is a broblem with battlelog at all) would be easier to fix in browser form (quick webpage downtime to roll out the update ~10-15mins) than if it were ingame (team of programmers having to do bug finding, fixing, testing, refixing if need be, more testing, turning it into patch code, releasing, then you having to DL it and patch the game)
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm not a fan of it but they're not going to change it at this stage.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6404|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
My favorite part is when it fails to connect me to the server when i want to play singleplayer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard