iceman785
+93|6673|Alaska, mother fucker.
Some things I've done with the F-35 is that I plan my attack from the get go. As I'm doing a VTOL take off I just look for enemy jets then fly in and rape them. Then rape them again and again before they take off to make sure I don't get raped.

I also use auto-loader with the f-35 cuz it basically allows me to keep a steady stream of bullets on the migs so when i do get a chance to kill them i make sure it happens
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
I thought autoloader reduced the time between bursts, not make the bursts longer.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5036|Massachusetts, USA
Autoloader is on ground vehicles. Belt speed is on air.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
iceman785
+93|6673|Alaska, mother fucker.
Well they pretty much do the same thing, but it owns shit. Been using extinguisher instead of flares too, find myself dying a lot less.
Laura
your girlfriend a freak like cirque du soleil
+149|5831|u fucking wot m8
fucking jets

how do they work
https://i52.tinypic.com/98cz7p.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
went 3 rounds of ~25 - 0 today

fuck everything jets are back
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Laura wrote:

fucking jets

how do they work
I'll give you a few tips that helped me out.

Fly on the outside of the map (before you get air radar) and use freelook to look toward the center and spam Q. When you find a target, line yourself up for a strafing run and begin firing from far away, once you get the hit marker hold the trigger down. This should get you a disable and you're on your way to unlocking better equipment. When you get rockets, you'll never have trouble killing vehicles again. Do the same technique as above but start with rocket fire from very far away, switch to guns, then rockets again. You'll destroy any vehicle in no time.

As far as air-to-air goes, I really don't see how it's possible to dogfight effectively without air radar. So until then, just wait for the enemy jets to line up for a strafing run and take them out then so you don't risk engaging in a dogfight in case they have air radar.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699
so...what unlocks are you guys using for jets?

i'm using air radar, flares and rocket pods.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2012-01-04 21:21:52)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Air Radar
Extinguisher
Rocket pods

annnnnd loving it!

I haven't died from an enemy jet in ages. Usually cranes get me
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Air Radar
Extinguisher
Rocket pods

annnnnd loving it!

I haven't died from an enemy jet in ages. Usually cranes get me
I recently switched extinguisher for ECM jammer. If you get the hang of flying, you rarely take damage and the jammer is very good against jav/stingers/aa. Faster reload than flares too.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6721|Ireland | Monaghan

Air Radar, Flares, Guided Missile.

I own.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Why flares? Just turn around and face the missiles and barrel roll, you'll dodge them.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6721|Ireland | Monaghan

I do fine with them v0v
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5954

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Why flares? Just turn around and face the missiles and barrel roll, you'll dodge them.
Easier said than done. That tactic only really works when you're far away from the missile.

Flares are the best option for me, that is unless your flying against decent pilots who use only MG's, then it has to be the extinguisher.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Easier said than done. That tactic only really works when you're far away from the missile.

Flares are the best option for me, that is unless your flying against decent pilots who use only MG's, then it has to be the extinguisher.
I've barely ever been destroyed by a jet's AA missiles. Since those barely ever get me it's either a chopper or a MANPAD. In either case when you get locked onto fly away from the map and if you hear an incoming missile signal then turn around. Sure it doesn't work 100% of the time but it's definitely over 50%.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
So it works 60% of the time, everytime.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I'm just saying the chances are high so at least try to face the missile to dodge it.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
Or you could burn away and skim the ground while popping ecm. 99% success rate.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
dodging missiles always works, and if you do fuck it up you can land and repair, no need for extinguisher

missiles are extremely slow, so it doesn't matter if you're close or not
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
land and repair?

more like fly over airfield, bail and wait for it to respawn.

i dont risk landing
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
if you fly close to the ground and hit the brakes, the landing gear comes out instantly, then you ram the ground and bail, save your jet fly off again, ezmode
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
nah i mean anyone can shoot you down when landing, even the mongiest of f35 pilots
UnkleRukus
That Guy
You dont need to land and repair. The jets auto heal out of combat anyways.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
the don't past a certain threshold, 32% for me.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
Usually by then i've bailed to get another jet.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard