wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK
This game looks like the bomb diggy. I loved San Andreas only played a bit of GTAIV it felt tedious for some reason. Might see if I can pick it up for cheap.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6694|The Ville
I thought that came out last year LOL
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Poseidon wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Didn't Rockstar themselves say that the game was only going to be Los Santos, this must be an old San Andreas map or something
They did... although Las Venturas could be essentially a side portion of Los Santos, with Los Santos being just a gigantic city. If the license plates say "San Andreas" as they do however, it doesn't really make much sense to have LV in the main game. Perhaps they'll add those cities in through DLC much like TLAD and TBOGT.
The license plates say San Andreas because no cities issue their own plates, in the GTA universe, San Andreas is the state in which Los Santos (and the other two cities from GTA:SA) resides, that's why it says San Andreas and not Los Santos...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4968|Dundee, Scotland.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

FloppY_ wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Didn't Rockstar themselves say that the game was only going to be Los Santos, this must be an old San Andreas map or something
They did... although Las Venturas could be essentially a side portion of Los Santos, with Los Santos being just a gigantic city. If the license plates say "San Andreas" as they do however, it doesn't really make much sense to have LV in the main game. Perhaps they'll add those cities in through DLC much like TLAD and TBOGT.
The license plates say San Andreas because no cities issue their own plates, in the GTA universe, San Andreas is the state in which Los Santos (and the other two cities from GTA:SA) resides, that's why it says San Andreas and not Los Santos...
Yeah, just like the plates in Liberty City also said the sta--

Oh wait..

Almost scary to think it came out in 2004. I remember getting it on release day.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4968|Dundee, Scotland.

Poseidon wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah, just like the plates in Liberty City also said the sta--

Oh wait..

Almost scary to think it came out in 2004. I remember getting it on release day.
dude i remember when VC got released, my mate had it delivered to his house and i was going to his after school, played it together for about 4 or 5 hours, we were 12.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
VC was 2002 right? I was 10. I still remember that mission where you dress like a cop and blow up a store in the mall. Then of course the moonshine mission in the humvee.

I didn't even know what movie it was mostly referencing until I was like 14 lol
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6631|New Hampshire, USA
Dear god, reminicing about gta 3, VC, & SA is some of the best video gaming times in my life.  I was so //_- about the meh that was gta4, hopefully 5 can make me all ^_^ again
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I still don't get the hate over GTA IV. Was it more realistic and serious? Yeah.. but you could still have a shitload of fun in free roam MP. I've probably played over 60 hours of the MP free roam with people. 30 of those being krazed

I'll admit I'm a GTA fanboy though. Favorite series of all time by far. Hard for me to criticize a game series I love so much.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-11-05 12:10:39)

FloppY_
­
For a serious game it had some hillarious results playing with the physics engine...

swingsets / negative vehicle friction / just cruising around having a blast

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-05 12:15:29)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD
GTA4 was awesome.

I knew it wouldn't be DC as soon as the narrator in the trailer said something about "good weather" lawl
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD
I just hope they bring back the Army, nothing like being chased by tanks.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
FloppY_
­

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I just hope they bring back the Army, nothing like being chased by tanks.
Or pointing the barrel to the rear and fire continuously to make it go twice as fast while blowing up cops dumb enough to chase a tank
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51
That was so awesome
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5905|CA

Poseidon wrote:

I still don't get the hate over GTA IV. Was it more realistic and serious? Yeah.. but you could still have a shitload of fun in free roam MP. I've probably played over 60 hours of the MP free roam with people. 30 of those being krazed

I'll admit I'm a GTA fanboy though. Favorite series of all time by far. Hard for me to criticize a game series I love so much.
My thoughts exactly.  EFLC (TBoGT, namely) added a lot of the over-the-top style action that everyone wanted, that still fits with the setting/mood of the game, and is a lot of fun. 

I'm a big GTA fanboy too.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Eagle wrote:

Dear god, reminicing about gta 3, VC, & SA is some of the best video gaming times in my life.  I was so //_- about the meh that was gta4, hopefully 5 can make me all ^_^ again
Maybe that was in part because they were the firsts of their kind?
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland
I'm glad it sounds like they've listened to the feedback where people said they wanted more of the features that were in SA but not IV
FloppY_
­

bennisboy wrote:

I'm glad it sounds like they've listened to the feedback where people said they wanted more of the features that were in SA but not IV
Indeed

All the features they claim to return brings back memories of how great those features were in the older games and how much I missed them in GTA IV
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
I still want the realism since it looks more realistic, I hope they don't add too many completely ridiculous features
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5905|CA

_j5689_ wrote:

I still want the realism since it looks more realistic, I hope they don't add too many completely ridiculous features
Yeah as long as what they add fits with the story and setting, I'm all for it. SA's crazy stuff (jetpacks, airplanes, attack helicopters) were a lot of fun but didn't really fit the sort of gangster type story they were seemingly going with.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
That's why TBOGT was so fucking awesome. It was over the top (parachuting out of a recently exploded private jet to the Unisphere in Dukes), but still managed to keep a level of somewhat realism.

Hopefully, GTAV takes that path. And so far, considering it both deals with the economy and has fucking fighter jets, it looks like it will.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
Yeah, I loved what TBoGT added, I actually mainly play that one for everything because it just felt like it was a more complete version of the game what with the SWAT tank, and the return of the parachutes(Whoever initially nixed those needs to be fired, and it's still pretty inconvenient that they aren't automatically given to you in most, if not all, aircraft), and the new addition of nightclubs and being able to actually use the waterfront driving range as another minigame instead of it just being a gigantic but very good looking boat/helicopter obstacle.  I also liked how the colors seemed more vivid than vanilla GTA IV and far better than the lifeless grainy-looking grey color of everything in TLaD

And I liked how bizarre it was too in a GTA type of way but still keeping it realistic like the rest of the game.  If they took that type of approach with GTA V, I would still love it, but I think the craziness of GTA:SA won't belong in this new more realistic looking age of Grand Theft Auto.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-11-06 22:32:52)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
I hope they put in a civilian/retired police interceptor version of the Crown Victoria since I have one in RL, they'd probably call it the King Henry or some other British king name like Edward or James
FloppY_
­

_j5689_ wrote:

I hope they put in a civilian/retired police interceptor version of the Crown Victoria since I have one in RL, they'd probably call it the King Henry or some other British king name like Edward or James
So far all 3D GTAs except VC have had some form of Crown Victoria clone as the default Taxi & Police interceptor, GTA IV had two versions, the impala and the Crown Vic. It was also available as a civilian car in GTA SA called "Premier"...

GTA III

GTA SA

GTA IV

I don't see a reason to change the tradition unless they decide to go for those modern concepts recently introduced or the impala from GTA IV...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-07 12:37:53)

west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6389
do it

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3447/3372529845_4c44787527.jpg
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard