SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6564|Mountains of NC

Bank of America instituted a five dollar per month charge for usage of its debit cards

" While there will be no fee if you have at least $5,000 in a Bank of America account, have a mortgage with the bank, are a B of A employee, or only use the debit card for ATM transactions, any one purchase in a given month will ding you the five bucks. This is in addition to all other fees on its “basic” accounts—of which there are many types—and which can already carry fees as high as $12 per month if minimum balances are not maintained. Not wanting to miss out on the fee-for-all, Citibank also announced a substantial rate increase, hiking the minimum balance requirement for certain checking accounts from $6,000 to $15,000, else a $20 a month fee will be charged. They also announced that “EZ Checking” account holders will be charged $15 a month if they don’t maintain a balance of at least $6,000. "
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|5059
I would just avoid having an account at Bank of America. I know some other banks are talking about doing this too. I will just stay with my bank until they start to pull something like this then I will go to a local bank or credit Union where this won't happen. Just another way for the Banks to make more maney than they already do!
Brasso
+1,549|6626

fuck
that
shit

hopefully they don't have the charge for "student" accounts, but if they still do when this goes into effect, i'm leaving them
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

Skank of America strikes again.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6286|Washington St.
60 bucks a year and I don't have to pay interest rates on a visa card.

I'll live.
CC-Marley
+407|6824
I have not used mine in years. I have no more debt with BofA. They screwed me a while back by lowering my limits and raising my rates on two lines of credit. This then screwed my credit rating over the next year. I never missed a payment in my life. I do have online banking  a checking and a savings account. I use their Portfolio as well. More money for the bonuses I guess...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5581

I don't use debit cards anyway. I like the physicality of cash.
GR34
+215|6540|ALBERTA> CANADA
America. Have another revolution. you have enough guns.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

GR34 wrote:

lol, and people are getting pissed off here too - they'll probably invade Canada to take our minds of the shitty economy . . .
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5697|College Park, MD

GR34 wrote:

This happened because the liberals decided the banks were making too much money and put a cap on their merchant fees. A bank still has to make money, so they'll start finding other ways to do so.

Luckily this isn't a monopolistic market. People can pick another bank if it really annoys them that much (hell I left BofA for ridiculous overdraft policies). Maybe they'll even consider a credit union.

e: Mandatory plug for PNC Bank, no bullshit debit card fees AND I can deposit checks with my phone

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2011-10-10 20:53:38)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5353|London, England
I have no issues with Chase.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard